Conquer Club

Intra-clan "taxes" -tell me about it. . .

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Intra-clan "taxes" -tell me about it. . .

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:11 pm

I'm new to the clan world. I just joined KoRT and I don't think they have this (haven't told me about it), but I understand some Clans have intra-clan games. My point is it'd seem like it could be set up as a "intra-clan tax, paying tribute" to the stronger players -- if not handled fairly.

Please give your clan(s) and their policy on inta-clan games: forced, balance, etc.

Just fishing. . .looking for info, not flaming/baiting/trolling.

GLG
Last edited by Gen.LeeGettinhed on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Field Marshal Gen.LeeGettinhed

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)

Re: Intra-clan "taxes" -tell me about it. . .

Postby redhawk92 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:15 pm

your worried about the lower ranked players loosing a few points?

look at your last few mogul games and report yourself
Captain redhawk92

Postby jsnyder748 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:18 pm

oh, no we don't do this but it was an interesting idea
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby Georgerx7di on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:19 pm

We (tsm) always make our new guys cut off one of their fingers and offer it to Jimi. Sometimes Jimi gives it back though, it's a strange tradition.
Major Georgerx7di

Postby jsnyder748 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Imagine...for a moment...if each one of us took turns being conquerer. How is this possible you ask? well, girls and boys, here is how it is possible. We choses one player and we all play 10, 1 v 1 games vs. the chosen person. We wouldn't let him win, per say, we would just play every game like a horrible cook (no offense to any cooks). Think of it..

that is what i was talking about
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby jsnyder748 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Total conquer club anarchy!

The richest person on conquer club would start bribing his allegiance and we would have a new (bought) dictator controlling all the points!

We don't want this at all....I should have never had a thought at all....

Unless....nooo....but.....If i were the "leader" I could restore peace again and crush our enemies!
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby tkr4lf on Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:15 am

Gen.LeeGettinhed wrote:I'm new to the clan world. I just joined KoRT and I don't think they have this (haven't told me about it), but I understand some Clans have intra-clan games. My point is it'd seem like it could be set up as a "intra-clan tax, paying tribute" to the stronger players -- if not handled fairly.

Please give your clan(s) and their policy on inta-clan games: forced, balance, etc.

GLG

Somebody let you in a clan?

I thought you had to be able to play team games to be in a clan...
Major tkr4lf

Postby owenshooter on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:46 am

Gen.LeeGettinhed wrote:Please give your clan(s) and their policy on inta-clan games: forced, balance, etc.

maybe you should seek this info in the CLAN FORUM and not the GD... good luck and god speed!!! the black jesus has spoken - el verdadero vencedor
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby danryan on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:51 am

The way we work it is once a month we switch who has to operate the glory hole. It's a small sacrifice we ask our players to make.

For some reason it's never my turn though.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:13 pm

We call it the lightning rod....every month someone new has to donate all their points to everyone else
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Dako on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:11 pm

You have to send us your pictures and do a specific rite prior to joining.
Colonel Dako

Postby malevolous on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Gen.LeeGettinhed wrote:I'm new to the clan world. I just joined KoRT and I don't think they have this (haven't told me about it), but I understand some Clans have intra-clan games. My point is it'd seem like it could be set up as a "intra-clan tax, paying tribute" to the stronger players -- if not handled fairly.

GLG

I'd be very surprised if KoRT has no intra-clan games; its one of the best ways to learn a map. Ask them.
Major malevolous

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:16 am

You say this isn't a bait but it's quite clearly pointed in some direction just like every "non-bait" thread you've made over the past few weeks. What am I missing here? Because right now this thread is just another pathetic attempt.
Major Bones2484

Postby pearljamrox2 on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Major pearljamrox2

Postby L M S on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:43 pm

malevolous wrote:

GLG

I'd be very surprised if KoRT has no intra-clan games; its one of the best ways to learn a map. Ask them.

lol at this. alot.
have you ever played against a KoRT team? Holy hell, if they played against one another the game would never end...I'm positive if they could make it a 7 day timer instead of 24 hr. they would.
ā€œOne of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.ā€
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby hotfire on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:17 am

2012-02-07 19:49:28 - Game has been initialized
2012-02-08 00:04:56 - red[self]: what should i do?
2012-02-08 06:09:29 - red[self]: a little help guys i've never played this map!
2012-02-08 12:44:33 - red[self]: good grief guys!!! it's like i'm talking to myself!!! someone throw me a bone!
2012-02-08 19:49:28 - red missed a turn
Colonel hotfire

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:46 am

L M S wrote:
malevolous wrote:

GLG

lol at this. alot.
have you ever played against a KoRT team? Holy hell, if they played against one another the game would never end...I'm positive if they could make it a 7 day timer instead of 24 hr. they would.

Slow and steady wins the race. We are not as slow as some. I know ID plays in clan games and TNC, but not sure who else does.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby ljex on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:51 am

Bruceswar wrote:
L M S wrote:
malevolous wrote:

GLG

lol at this. alot.

Slow and steady wins the race. We are not as slow as some. I know ID plays in clan games and TNC, but not sure who else does.

just about every clan other than KORT does to some degree.
Major ljex

Postby Bones2484 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:38 am

Bruceswar wrote:Slow and steady wins the race. We are not as slow as some. I know ID plays in clan games and TNC, but not sure who else does.

Bruceswar wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Most people of the highest ranks (sometime referred to as "legal farmers") refuse to play individuals who already have decent ranks and skills as they're too afraid to lose their points.

Actually I have always thought if you taught someone a map it is a good idea not to play them in it. Not because you can, but because it is a sign of respect. Such as not playing your clan mates.

So, am I to read these and other comments from you to imply that clans should not be playing in clan games? I'm very curious what the Clan Director's official response is.
Major Bones2484

Postby chapcrap on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:45 pm

I'm pretty sure his official response will be: Who gives a crap who you play? Play whoever you want to play.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:52 am

chapcrap wrote:I'm pretty sure his official response will be: Who gives a crap who you play? Play whoever you want to play.

Which would be contrary to his statements in the two threads. And I want to know his official stance before I make assumptions on what he's trying to say.

I still think there's something more to these comments that isn't coming out, but all I have to go from right now is Bruce saying that playing games against clan mates is wrong.
Major Bones2484

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:24 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby Epitaph1 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:00 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:My clan (The New Crusade) has a few intra clan games.

1) King of the Crusaders Tourny: Held quarterly. Winner is the "king" - King doesnt get anything special, just bragging rights and to make outrageous demands that normally are ignored.
2) Mini-Clan War: This is my favorite. We take our current lowest x players. Then we have a draft. Then we have a war.
3) Jousting tourny - Sort of like the King tourny, only excludes the king
4) Rebellion tourny - Normally when we get a new king, we have a rebellion. The rebels play the king (and sometimes past kings) in a best of series.

If you are worried about "paying tribute" you may be in the wrong clan. If the higher ups in my clan told me I had to play anyone as a tribute, I'd tell em to suck my dice.

We play as many intra-clan wars as we do inter-clan wars. :lol:
Major Epitaph1

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I'm pretty sure his official response will be: Who gives a crap who you play? Play whoever you want to play.

Which would be contrary to his statements in the two threads. And I want to know his official stance before I make assumptions on what he's trying to say.

I still think there's something more to these comments that isn't coming out, but all I have to go from right now is Bruce saying that playing games against clan mates is wrong.

That wouldn't contradict anything. He said that it's not for him. Not that it's not allowed. Read again.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:37 pm

chapcrap wrote:That wouldn't contradict anything. He said that it's not for him. Not that it's not allowed. Read again.

I never once said that Bruce believes it is not allowed. Only that he thinks it is wrong.

What you said Bruce's answer would be is clearly a contradiction to what he has hinted at so far. All we have to go on is a quote from Bruce implying that clanmates should not be playing games against each other whereas you think Bruce would say "who cares?". Do you not see the difference in those two arguments?

All I'm trying to get from Bruce is his stance on what should or shouldn't be happening for intra-clan games since he is the Clan Director. I'd rather not try to infer what he (and other KORT members) is saying and get a straight answer from him before responding. No harm in that.
Last edited by Bones2484 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Bones2484

Next

Return to Clan Archives