Conquer Club

Das Schloß [QUENCHED #2]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Das Schloß [BETA] V45 Word Adjustment?

Postby cairnswk on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:03 pm

iancanton wrote:sorry, cairns, i was looking at an old (probably cached) version that had the +1 for 3 flughafenstrasse bonus.

while its not normally good practice to let players have such a high chance of starting with +3 bonuses, it doesn't necessarily have such a detrimental effect here compared with other maps because it's so much more difficult to win.

thanks ian.

is there a reasonable win ratio in 1v1 (let's say above 20%) for those whose opponents have a +3 bonus on turn 1? if so, then we can safely say that the map passes with flying colours!

ian. :)

I dont' know about this one, perhaps AAFitz would be the one to ask about this.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby AAFitz on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:16 pm

Well, even I cant answer that based on those numbers solely because I play fog and dont keep track if people get bonus....

but I would guess that its 98% certain that bonus doesnt mean too much, compared to the dice, and compared to where the people drop.

All I can say is this is instinct after playing many after the final update, but on 1v1, it is a random as hell map. Hardly ever do I see the drop affect the game, more than the playing/dice affect the outcome.

So far as I can tell, and have seen, you can win from any spot on the map, given certain circumstances. Again, the bonus is helpful, but I do not think its a deciding factor, and honestly, it happens so infrequently, especially compared to other maps, that I certainly dont worry about it.

Its a great 1v1 map, and possibly the most fair on the site. Sure, it still has an advantage of going first, but its much easier to counter than on nearly any other map, especially on fog. Id have to play it another 200 times to really suggest any change whatsoever I think.

Id say pass it. If its skewed now, it just gives the map a little character in my opinion. Find one more player to confirm this though maybe.

Oh, and above 20% Id guess is absolutely probable. I didnt even realize the proportion was so low. Id say going first affects it far more than that bonus. Again, double check.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby MrBenn on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:08 am

I'm happy to let things go as they are.... Having followed the map from my early days in the Foundry, it gives me great honour to let the Great Escape begin...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby MrBenn on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:13 am

Quenching

---The Beta period has concluded for the Das Schloß Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready to be released into live play.

Congratulations cairnswk, your shiny new medal is well-earned =D>

Conquer Club, enjoy!

--MrBenn
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Re: Das Schloß [QUENCHED #2]

Postby cairnswk on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:58 am

Thank-you MrBenn.
I hope all the effort of re-doing this map is worth it. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby DKohler on Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:26 pm

The image I see marked as "NEW CURRENT" contains a typo. A box at the bottom left says "FlughafenstraBe (Fs) +1 for 3". Instead of 'B', it should use 'ß'.
In case this comment renders incorrectly or becomes outdated, I'm referring to the letter "Eszett" / "scharfes S" and the image is hosted at http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... V45S-1.png
Sergeant 1st Class DKohler

Postby AAFitz on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:26 am

cairnswk wrote:Thank-you MrBenn.

Oh dont question that cairns.... It very well may not have been worth it to you, but many already love this map and its uniqueness alone, along with the many options of how to play give it a forever niche in CC history I think
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby cairnswk on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:04 pm

AAFitz wrote:
cairnswk wrote:Thank-you MrBenn.

Oh dont question that cairns.... It very well may not have been worth it to you, but many already love this map and its uniqueness alone, along with the many options of how to play give it a forever niche in CC history I think

Oh beleive me, it was certainly worth re-doing if it keep you guys happy, it also keeps me happy.
I just hope enough out there appreciate the re-work, that's all.
Private cairnswk

Postby theworldnomore on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:20 am

umm, even when i conquer those spaces, it does not allow me to win the game. so do i still have to conquer my enemy?
and if so, how would you attack the casey, jones, mills, etc.
Sergeant theworldnomore

Postby ender516 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:47 am

Always remember, you must hold the objective for one round. So if your opponent in Game 7876352 does not take one of the regions in the objective on his turn, you will win.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby chuck512 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:00 am

ender516 wrote:Always remember, you must hold the objective for one round. So if your opponent in Game 7876352 does not take one of the regions in the objective on his turn, you will win.

Don't say "you must" !!!!
First time I play this map and I believe about objective is the way of win, unfortunately not !!!
Look here, Game 8420134 !!!!
Corporal 1st Class chuck512

Postby MrBenn on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:19 am

Look here: http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=instructions6

Instructions - Gameplay Notes wrote:Victory Conditions / Map Objectives

Some maps have 'victory' objectives, which you must conquer and hold for one round to win the game. If you are holding an objective, you will win the game at the moment you press the "Begin Turn" button, even in assassin and terminator games (think of this as the ultimate zone bonus). In team games, as with bonuses, the objective must be held by a single player.
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby benga on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:52 am

Need answer fast!

Hub B attackes which paratroopers?
Sergeant benga

Postby cairnswk on Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:59 am

benga wrote:Need answer fast!

benga...you have legend on the map, please read it. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby benga on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:55 am

cairnswk wrote:
benga wrote:Need answer fast!

benga...you have legend on the map, please read it. :)

LOL I was trying to find it, but couldn't!

How could I miss it :)

Thx josko for input ;)
Sergeant benga

Postby Jippd on Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:16 am

I think that the bonus areas for the castle and airport should be more clearly defined. I play the map A LOT so of course it is simple to me. While playing an opponent recently though they brought up that it is not clearly marked what is flughafen or das schlob. Looking at the map I agree that it is not clear at all. Perhaps the border needs to be thicker around the castle/airport territs or some kind of shading/coloring to be assigned?

Just my .02 but it would improve the map and make it more user friendly I think.
Major Jippd

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:02 am

Jippd wrote:I think that the bonus areas for the castle and airport should be more clearly defined. I play the map A LOT so of course it is simple to me. While playing an opponent recently though they brought up that it is not clearly marked what is flughafen or das schlob. Looking at the map I agree that it is not clear at all. Perhaps the border needs to be thicker around the castle/airport territs or some kind of shading/coloring to be assigned?

Just my .02 but it would improve the map and make it more user friendly I think.

Jippd, thanks for bothering to comment..appreciated!
Yes i can see how it possibly needs to be better defined...I'll see what i can do!
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:29 am

In consdieration of the above request, this is Version 46 small.
If it's acceptable then i will produc the large and have it uploaded subject to approval of the mods.
I have placed a grey brick wall under the Schloss part in the legend and the airport is outlined by a subtle soft purple same as in its legend.
the changes are subtle so not to detract from the rest of the map.

Private cairnswk

Postby Jippd on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:41 am

I see the change for the castle but don't really notice anything for the airport
Major Jippd

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:48 am

Jippd wrote:I see the change for the castle but don't really notice anything for the airport

If the castle is clearer, then by default shouldn't the airport also be clearer.
I don't want to take those colours any further as it would destroy the feeling of the map, and in fact looking at it now, it already has changed the colours and i don't really like it anymore, because now instead of blue being the subdominant colour in the legend, it's gray and purple and that doesn't mix well with the blue in the eagle which dominates....oh well back to the drawing board.
Private cairnswk

Postby Jippd on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:49 pm

I think one of the problems is that all of the flughafen territories are different colors...some just solid white, some are gray and some are white with these blue lines on them. To someone new to the map they will probably wonder where flughafen is...and if they can figure out that it is that top right cluster they may be unsure as to which territories count towards the 5/11/19 bonus.

if you want to work with/bring out the blue in the eagle you could change the airport tiles all to a white with a blue tint to them?
Major Jippd

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Jippd wrote:I think one of the problems is that all of the flughafen territories are different colors...some just solid white, some are gray and some are white with these blue lines on them. To someone new to the map they will probably wonder where flughafen is...and if they can figure out that it is that top right cluster they may be unsure as to which territories count towards the 5/11/19 bonus.

if you want to work with/bring out the blue in the eagle you could change the airport tiles all to a white with a blue tint to them?

This is the solution.
The airport has now been changed back to blue; i have also added the Flaghfen Perimeter indcator to ansure that qnyone dsoesn't miss it; and there are now two references as to what is encompassed by the Schloss Walls.

Private cairnswk

Postby silversun6 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:30 am

after 55 games on this map i still don't understand something :
das dorf bonus ?

i have 5 white regions on it , how come i don't receive it ?

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x475/Leon_Kerner/dass_zpsb66ce1bf.png
Colonel silversun6

Postby nolefan5311 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:44 am

silversun6 wrote:after 55 games on this map i still don't understand something :
das dorf bonus ?

Those territories aren't the Das Dorf territories. DD1, DD2, DD3, DD4, Kneipe, Markt, Militarlager, and Holz-Schuppen comprise the Das Dorf bonus.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby silversun6 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:28 am

nolefan5311 wrote:
silversun6 wrote:after 55 games on this map i still don't understand something :
das dorf bonus ?

Those territories aren't the Das Dorf territories. DD1, DD2, DD3, DD4, Kneipe, Markt, Militarlager, and Holz-Schuppen comprise the Das Dorf bonus.

great , thank you very much !
Colonel silversun6

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas