Conquer Club

[CL4] Phase 1 - Div F - Final

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CL4] Phase One - Division F

Postby betiko on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:10 am

Leehar wrote:Yes, I can quite see how ignoring your avatar is the highlight of his life. Everyday he comes into the forum and shivers with fear on seeing your name and what incessant obligations you'll force upon him ;)

I assume that for you not honouring the bet you set up is fine then? When you lose you just ignore the winner. great spirit!
Major betiko

Postby Leehar on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:06 am

betiko wrote:
Leehar wrote:Yes, I can quite see how ignoring your avatar is the highlight of his life. Everyday he comes into the forum and shivers with fear on seeing your name and what incessant obligations you'll force upon him ;)

I assume that for you not honouring the bet you set up is fine then? When you lose you just ignore the winner. great spirit!

Dude, the guys got things going on in rl. He hasn't even had time to finish up his article for the newsletter, so I'm certainly not gonna beat him up over not doing much else other than taking turns
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby betiko on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:07 am

Leehar wrote:
betiko wrote:

Dude, the guys got things going on in rl. He hasn't even had time to finish up his article for the newsletter, so I'm certainly not gonna beat him up over not doing much else other than taking turns

it's been a month or 2 and I do expect an answer when i ask a question several times about the bet he lost, including in game chat cause i assume he does read it when he plays team games. if he has time to log on and play turns, the RL excuse is bullcrap. writting 2 words in game chat is not going to change dramatically the time he spends here.
Anyway, this whole bet thing was just purely for fun, having to ask for it several times just removes all interest in the thing. I just think it's disapointing and I'm pretty sure you would feel the same way if you were in the situation.
Major betiko

Postby freakns on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:05 pm

VioIet wrote:
Great-Ollie wrote:Well the Pack finally met it's match we tied 6 vs 6 with Botfm well done guys. We still take the number 1 seed, gl to all clans on future wars!

That is very good sportsmanship Ollie.

I agree, that Botfm is a great clan. They have a lot of nice members, who have taught be a great deal about team games. I will be eternally grateful for that.

But as for as your comment about The Pack meeting their match- I'd say it's just really hard to tell. These mini-wars are such a small sample size, with only 12 games each.

For instance in another division, I believe AKA beat TSM in their Phase 1 war.
While i love both TSM and AKA, I think it is perfectly fair to say that TSM is ranked much higher than AKA. I think the small sample size allows for more "interesting" results.

The results of a full 40+ game war, wherein both sides have greater control of map & player selection, the results may be vastly different.

So while it's possible Boftm may be The Pack's match, I think it would be interesting to see the results of a full war.

Ollie is everything but true sportsman! he wrote that just to rub it in the nose of 3 clans theyve defeated :D
and the worst thing is i have to accept is and let him spank me as theyve somehow beat us :(

this god damn league was frustrating. two 7-5 loses, hard to swallow! and yes it is vastly different then full time clan war.

@Betiko, last time i spoke with Bogan was 2 months ago, he said then to me he is having troubles even to take his turns because of real life issues. and knowing him for more then 3 years, he isnt afraid of any bet and he would honor your agreement if he had any free time, that much is certain.
Brigadier freakns

Postby VioIet on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:56 pm

freakns wrote:
this god damn league was frustrating. two 7-5 loses, hard to swallow! and yes it is vastly different then full time clan war.

Yeah, I know it is hard to lose twice 7-5 :(

But if it makes you feel any better- like I said earlier- 12 games is really too small for accurate results. A close score like 7-5 means a few of the games could have easily swung either way. These results really are a toss-up. And despite the results, I think every team in Division F knows Otp is very good, regardless of the results.

I am wondering how RA would do in a full-size match as well. We could do better- we could do worse- I'm not sure yet. I'd like to say that a full-war would allow us to do a little better, since we wouldn't have to suffer certain penalties like we did in this CL. We are looking for our first full-sized challenge once Clan League is over.

Which leads me to another question. Will only those going to Division 1 be eligible to win? Since this is a league, no one is going to be knocked-out right?

I know RA will be going to a low division in Phase 2. So then what happens in Phase 3? Those in the low division can't compete for the title with those in the higher division. I think this is fair, however I'm just wondering how long those in the low divisions will be expected to play. Sorry in advance, for not understanding. I lost the link to the thread where everything is "explained."
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby freakns on Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:56 pm

VioIet wrote:
freakns wrote:

Yeah, I know it is hard to lose twice 7-5 :(

But if it makes you feel any better- like I said earlier- 12 games is really too small for accurate results. A close score like 7-5 means a few of the games could have easily swung either way. These results really are a toss-up. And despite the results, I think every team in Division F knows Otp is very good, regardless of the results.

I am wondering how RA would do in a full-size match as well. We could do better- we could do worse- I'm not sure yet. I'd like to say that a full-war would allow us to do a little better, since we wouldn't have to suffer certain penalties like we did in this CL. We are looking for our first full-sized challenge once Clan League is over.

Which leads me to another question. Will only those going to Division 1 be eligible to win? Since this is a league, no one is going to be knocked-out right?

I know RA will be going to a low division in Phase 2. So then what happens in Phase 3? Those in the low division can't compete for the title with those in the higher division. I think this is fair, however I'm just wondering how long those in the low divisions will be expected to play. Sorry in advance, for not understanding. I lost the link to the thread where everything is "explained."

first, it doesnt make me feel any better. i hate losing, i hate it so god damn much that sometimes i think games is not worth playing as losing brings me 10x bigger discomfort then any win could gave me satisfaction. and i dont care what other teams think. winning brings you respect, and thats all i care for. little tip on a shoulder and confy words? screw that...

second, after phase one youll get into another group. as long as you keep winning in next phase youll get the chance to progress. so if you feel battling against lower clans, then lose right away, and you are out, cause knocking out starts in next phase... you will ofc be eligible to play next clan league when it starts.
Brigadier freakns

Postby Great-Ollie on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:36 pm

freakns wrote:
VioIet wrote:
Great-Ollie wrote:Well the Pack finally met it's match we tied 6 vs 6 with Botfm well done guys. We still take the number 1 seed, gl to all clans on future wars!

That is very good sportsmanship Ollie.

I agree, that Botfm is a great clan. They have a lot of nice members, who have taught be a great deal about team games. I will be eternally grateful for that.

But as for as your comment about The Pack meeting their match- I'd say it's just really hard to tell. These mini-wars are such a small sample size, with only 12 games each.

For instance in another division, I believe AKA beat TSM in their Phase 1 war.
While i love both TSM and AKA, I think it is perfectly fair to say that TSM is ranked much higher than AKA. I think the small sample size allows for more "interesting" results.

The results of a full 40+ game war, wherein both sides have greater control of map & player selection, the results may be vastly different.

So while it's possible Boftm may be The Pack's match, I think it would be interesting to see the results of a full war.

Ollie is everything but true sportsman! he wrote that just to rub it in the nose of 3 clans theyve defeated :D
and the worst thing is i have to accept is and let him spank me as theyve somehow beat us :(

@Betiko, last time i spoke with Bogan was 2 months ago, he said then to me he is having troubles even to take his turns because of real life issues. and knowing him for more then 3 years, he isnt afraid of any bet and he would honor your agreement if he had any free time, that much is certain.

Really how am i not a true sportsman? RA actuallt really impressed me with their gameplay, they destroyed me on Rail Africa quads like i wasn't even there!
Major Great-Ollie

Postby lynch5762 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:04 pm

first, it doesnt make me feel any better. i hate losing, i hate it so god damn much that sometimes i think games is not worth playing as losing brings me 10x bigger discomfort then any win could gave me satisfaction. and i dont care what other teams think. winning brings you respect, and thats all i care for. little tip on a shoulder and confy words? screw that...

Then i suggest winning more and losing less.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: sorry i couldn't resist
Captain lynch5762

Postby freakns on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:40 am

Great-Ollie wrote:Really how am i not a true sportsman? RA actuallt really impressed me with their gameplay, they destroyed me on Rail Africa quads like i wasn't even there!

i was kidding maybe? thus that smiley at the end? :D
just relax... i actually have great deal of respect for you and whole pack. while you like talking smack, you are there when need to back up your words plus you will take any smack from other side in good spirit and admit when you are defeated!
as for RA, ive notice they had great results in first couple of rounds, but somehow they were off their game against us. was it because of maps, or their spirit was down after tough loses, not sure, but we won with ease. im sure violet will agree with me on this, so im really not sure how actually good are they. also, they chose to have esc, sunny, chained quads. i was smiling like bunny on crack.

lynch5762 wrote:

Then i suggest winning more and losing less.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: sorry i couldn't resist

i tried that, but looks like im not that good in this :(
Brigadier freakns

Postby jordy2425 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:15 am

Freakns, why don't you set up a war with RA, probably be a good one!! :D
Lieutenant jordy2425

Postby freakns on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:31 am

jordy2425 wrote:Freakns, why don't you set up a war with RA, probably be a good one!! :D

they are too good for us! and we are already booked for third one(after we defeat TNC), but after that, who knows, maybe...
Brigadier freakns

Postby VioIet on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:54 am

RA would be willing to challenge any worthwhile clan, but this challenge would probably be at least two months off.

And freakns is correct- overall RA gave a really poor performance in the Otp war.

Of the games I was personally involved it- I know half of them were a total disaster.

I knew the New York Quads game was going to be a loss early on, as my teammates weren't making effective moves. They tried their best, but they just don't quite have the experience to realize what works and what doesn't. I tried to advice- but in many instances it was 3 vs 1.
I like playing that map quads, escalating- and we have a pretty good track record on those settings against some good teams. Unfortunately, we just blew it this time.

Even though Stalingrad was a quick loss- I actually think we played well there. Germany and Gazala were also good performances. The rest of the losses can just be summed up due to a lack of experience and not knowing the map.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby tec805 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:12 pm

VioIet wrote:due to a lack of experience and not knowing the map.

If yellow hadn't missed a couple turns on British Isles you guys could have possibly won that. We had tried getting tricky but the dice didn't support it and we left 1 man vulnerable. 1 missed turn and 1 awesome turn for us changed everything.
show: spoiler sigs are like my dice, they suck
General tec805

Location: ☀ Southern California, where the sunshine's shining ☀

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:03 pm

freakns wrote:first, it doesnt make me feel any better. i hate losing, i hate it so god damn much that sometimes i think games is not worth playing as losing brings me 10x bigger discomfort then any win could gave me satisfaction. and i dont care what other teams think. winning brings you respect, and thats all i care for. little tip on a shoulder and confy words? screw that...

So assuming a win is a +1 and a loss is -10, that would be like being a brig playing cooks all the time in terms of win/loss advantage.
With a 41% win rate, your quantified happiness earned from playing CC gives you a morale rank of cook. You could rank up by being happier on every victory, being less angry in defeat or just quitting CC if it doesn't work. ;)
Major betiko

Postby freakns on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:47 pm

betiko wrote:
freakns wrote:first, it doesnt make me feel any better. i hate losing, i hate it so god damn much that sometimes i think games is not worth playing as losing brings me 10x bigger discomfort then any win could gave me satisfaction. and i dont care what other teams think. winning brings you respect, and thats all i care for. little tip on a shoulder and confy words? screw that...

So assuming a win is a +1 and a loss is -10, that would be like being a brig playing cooks all the time in terms of win/loss advantage.
With a 41% win rate, your quantified happiness earned from playing CC gives you a morale rank of cook. You could rank up by being happier on every victory, being less angry in defeat or just quitting CC if it doesn't work. ;)

maybe im masochist? and i dont care about games that arent clan related... plus, 41% is decent. considering i have no idea how to play assassin or terminator games and im still doing it cause i want a medal, its quite good actually!
Brigadier freakns

Postby Great-Ollie on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:02 am

update says it is 6 to 5 for BOTFM right now but it is suppose to be 6 to 5 in favour of the pack. Soon to be a 6 to 6 tie though.
Major Great-Ollie

Postby VioIet on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:22 am

tec805 wrote:
VioIet wrote:due to a lack of experience and not knowing the map.

If yellow hadn't missed a couple turns on British Isles you guys could have possibly won that. We had tried getting tricky but the dice didn't support it and we left 1 man vulnerable. 1 missed turn and 1 awesome turn for us changed everything.

Yeah, I'm still a bit sour about that game. It could have been prevented.

I wish my clanmates whom were in that game, had asked around for his account sitter. He had a sitter (me), but I wasn't aware that he was about to miss a turn in the game.

I can't blame them, because I guess they just didn't have any way of knowing that. The true blame lies on yellow.

I just know from experience, when someone is about to miss a turn in a game, you ask around to see who can cover for them. I think we've all learned from that experience. Yellow is no longer in the clan.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Re: [CL4] Phase One - Division F - COMPLETE

Postby benga on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:39 pm

Great job PACK and gl to all in the rest of competition.
Sergeant benga

Re: [CL4] Phase 1 - Div F - Pack, Dyn, Otp, BFM, RA - Final

Postby chemefreak on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:13 pm

Moved to completed. Privs removed. No medals issued.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:31 pm

chemefreak wrote:Moved to completed. Privs removed. No medals issued.

by the way chemefreak is there a medal issued to just the clan winning the whole league; or finishing first of the next phase gives a medal?
Major betiko

Postby Leehar on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:30 am

The individual division winners, so if you want a medal it's too late now ;)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:00 am

Winners of each division at the end of Phases 2 & 4 get medals, but not for Phase 1 or 3.

:D
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:01 am

Well played everyone in this division.

We enjoyed our battles, although we started very badly and had to work hard to regain a touch of respectability.

:oops:
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby betiko on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:30 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:Well played everyone in this division.

We enjoyed our battles, although we started very badly and had to work hard to regain a touch of respectability.

:oops:

well you guys tied and made it difficult for us. first non-win result for our clan.
yes that's what i meant, if we get a medal for winning phase 2 or just winning the entire league.
Major betiko

Previous

Return to Complete Challenges