Conquer Club

[Vacation until Dec] Clash of Kings - [14.03.14] - V18.1

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clash of Kings [25.Feb.12] - 1v1 map - V11 - p1&10

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:08 am

Looks like Dim's Photobucket went over the limit!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby DiM on Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:17 pm

should i get started on the small? are there any gameplay concerns that involve graphic changes?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:12 pm

DiM, one last GP point. Right now, round 3 nukes is going to be giving wins to the attackers as the castle is only a single territ. You have two tents so it is not a problem for the attackers. Any chance you could even it out by making the castle twice as big and have the 5 from quarter 1 as the castles second 5. Be a shame to lose a game in round 3.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby DiM on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:17 pm

koontz1973 wrote:DiM, one last GP point. Right now, round 3 nukes is going to be giving wins to the attackers as the castle is only a single territ. You have two tents so it is not a problem for the attackers. Any chance you could even it out by making the castle twice as big and have the 5 from quarter 1 as the castles second 5. Be a shame to lose a game in round 3.

fair point. i'll make quarter 2 neutral and make the castle in 2 terits.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:52 pm

V12:
*changed the castle to 2 terits
*transformed one quarter into a neutral inn
*changed the legend accordingly
*spelling in the legend.

Click image to enlarge.
Major DiM

Re: Clash of Kings [19.Mar.12] - 1v1 map - V12 - p1&11

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:44 am

DiM, right now, red has a way to advance all 5 of his troop sets without tripping over themselves. Blue cannot do this. With the 3 lots of 5 at the back now, they can only get into the fight by one territ (market). This gives the attackers a big advantage when it comes to expanding into there bonus areas. Can you change the arrow between Quarter 1 and market to Q1 and Mill. This will allow blue to move 2 of his 5s into the fight quicker.

As for the castles yard, can you make the walls bigger so the territ sits in the yard? Also, call it courtyard.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Gillipig on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:57 am

Nice with a map where you only have to plan for one type of game :). But it also means it has to be perfect for that type of game! Hopefully we'll see a lot of 1v1 tourneys on this map :).
I noticed that some arrows cross over the ships territory labels. It looks a little messy. The arrow between Ship 1 and Assault ship 2 could be lowered a bit. The arrow between Base Ship 2 and Supply ship 2 crosses a letter. So does the arrow between Supply ship 1 and 2. If you remove the line where they cross the banner it would look better.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby DiM on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:40 pm

V13:
*tweaked some attack/bombardment arroows
*moved some connections
*increased the size of the castle
*changed yard to court yard

Click image to enlarge.
Major DiM

Re: Clash of Kings [08.Apr.12] - 1v1 map - V13 - p1&11

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Great work DiM. Surprised you have left it this long for the update though.

Can we get a stamp for this man so he can do the small. Please.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby DiM on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:04 pm

koontz1973 wrote:Great work DiM. Surprised you have left it this long for the update though.

i've 99% given up on the foundry.
if it weren't for the work i've put in the maps i have active i'd simply bin them and be done with it.
Major DiM

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:31 pm

DiM wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:Great work DiM. Surprised you have left it this long for the update though.

if it weren't for the work i've put in the maps i have active i'd simply bin them and be done with it.

I am glad you aren't doing that. The maps you've put out or are working on recently are by far my favorite maps of yours!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:12 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
DiM wrote:

I am glad you aren't doing that. The maps you've put out or are working on recently are by far my favorite maps of yours!

--Andy

And are literally head and shoulders above the other map makers in style, graphics and gameplay.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby DiM on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:59 am

can we? :mrgreen:
Major DiM

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:24 am

Just noticed that on the map it says the sully is doing the xml. :| Do you think he could find the time for it as will as the other one? ;) Happy to do it for you if you want it done faster. :D
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby DiM on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:49 am

koontz1973 wrote:Just noticed that on the map it says the sully is doing the xml. :| Do you think he could find the time for it as will as the other one? ;) Happy to do it for you if you want it done faster. :D

i've already told him to get started on it to avoid the knights and warlocks situation.
he said he got it covered cause this one is apparently very easy compared to the other one.
Major DiM

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:04 am

DiM wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:Just noticed that on the map it says the sully is doing the xml. :| Do you think he could find the time for it as will as the other one? ;) Happy to do it for you if you want it done faster. :D

i've already told him to get started on it to avoid the knights and warlocks situation.
he said he got it covered cause this one is apparently very easy compared to the other one.

So we should get to play this one sometime in the year 2046 then. :-s

:mrgreen:
Lieutenant koontz1973

Re: Clash of Kings [22.Apr.12] - 1v1 map - V13 - p1&11

Postby DiM on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:24 am

any chance of a gameplay stamp?
V13:
*added the small map
large:
Click image to enlarge.

small:
Click image to enlarge.
Major DiM

Re: Clash of Kings [22.Apr.12] - 1v1 map - V13 - p1&12

Postby cairnswk on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:18 pm

Dim, i look at the small map here and am reminded about your posts in the map size thread...

Dim wrote:no map maker will make a 2000*2000 px map if he can fit it in 500*500, at most he'll take an extra 5-10% for fitting some nice graphics. when he goes overboard he'll most likely be told by other map makers and he'll have to optimize space usage. and ultimately every map maker will want to make every little bit of space count and avoid unnecessary super-sizing because a huge map with lots of dead space will be unpopular and no mapmaker wants to be the author of an unpopular map.

I think at 800x800 for the small map, there is a lot of wasted space especially at the left side; which with a bit of re-organisation could reduce the size of this map overall considerably.
I will say that Bay Tower cannon have very large firing range also that could help reduce size.

How is the 3rd aartillery going to attack the 5th and /or fort...there are no bridges across either of those rivers. Same with Balloon to 3rd
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby DiM on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:44 pm

cairnswk wrote:Dim, i look at the small map here and am reminded about your posts in the map size thread...

Dim wrote:no map maker will make a 2000*2000 px map if he can fit it in 500*500, at most he'll take an extra 5-10% for fitting some nice graphics. when he goes overboard he'll most likely be told by other map makers and he'll have to optimize space usage. and ultimately every map maker will want to make every little bit of space count and avoid unnecessary super-sizing because a huge map with lots of dead space will be unpopular and no mapmaker wants to be the author of an unpopular map.

I think at 800x800 for the small map, there is a lot of wasted space especially at the left side; which with a bit of re-organisation could reduce the size of this map overall considerably.
I will say that Bay Tower cannon have very large firing range also that could help reduce size.

this has already been debated at length. yes i could cram those ships closer yes i could make the attacking army squished to take up less space and i could even cut the town down to a smaller size. but then it won't look like the siege of a mighty fortress. plus i have the legend that takes a lot of space and can't really be reduced any further without losing a lot of the readability.

cairnswk wrote:How is the 3rd aartillery going to attack the 5th and /or fort...there are no bridges across either of those rivers. Same with Balloon to 3rd

what? there are clear arrows going back and forth to indicate connections.
Major DiM

Postby cairnswk on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:22 pm

DiM wrote:...
this has already been debated at length. yes i could cram those ships closer yes i could make the attacking army squished to take up less space and i could even cut the town down to a smaller size. but then it won't look like the siege of a mighty fortress. plus i have the legend that takes a lot of space and can't really be reduced any further without losing a lot of the readability.
Mmmm, I wonder how much you have really tried...i am sure there is some space in there somewhere that would still make it look excellent. Nothing seems top have changed much size wise since V5.

cairnswk wrote:How is the 3rd aartillery going to attack the 5th and /or fort...there are no bridges across either of those rivers. Same with Balloon to 3rd

what? there are clear arrows going back and forth to indicate connections.

it's a graphic thing Dim. no bridges...are they deploying pontoons which probably weren't around then?
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Re: Clash of Kings [10.Feb.12] - 1v1 map - V10 - p1&9

Postby DiM on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:56 am

isaiah40 wrote:it looks like the bonuses are good, things look pretty much balanced. That said, I'll get Ian to look this over.

this was over 2 months ago.
any chance somebody will actually look over it?
and while the gameplay CA is at it can he bring over a graphics CA cause frankly waiting for another 2-3 more months before a graphics CA comes is kinda annoying.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Tue May 01, 2012 1:02 pm

can i get a gameplay badge?
Major DiM

Postby nolefan5311 on Tue May 01, 2012 11:41 pm

DiM, I will take a look at it tomorrow. A preliminary issue I see is shouldn't the balloon be able to attack both the Yard and the Castle? If both Base Camps can be attacked by the assassin, or did you want to make it slightly different for the Besieger? I will take a much closer look tomorrow and get with ian about it. Sorry for the delay.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby DiM on Wed May 02, 2012 6:16 am

nolefan5311 wrote:DiM, I will take a look at it tomorrow. A preliminary issue I see is shouldn't the balloon be able to attack both the Yard and the Castle? If both Base Camps can be attacked by the assassin, or did you want to make it slightly different for the Besieger? I will take a much closer look tomorrow and get with ian about it. Sorry for the delay.

it attacks both the yard and the castle. i just forgot to update the legend when i added the yard.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Wed May 02, 2012 8:45 pm

V14:
*added the bridges that cairnswk requested
*updated the legend to include that the balloon also attacks the yard
*replaced sully with zimmah as the xml writer
Click image to enlarge.
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box