Conquer Club

bin please

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

bin please

Postby natty dread on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:14 pm

bin it
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Re: World XL

Postby natty dread on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:15 pm

May have to cut down some territories from central asia, seems a bit crowded...

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:53 pm

Since we're discussing a change of the current policy about the supersize maps (and all the stuff related with small maps sizes), I'm not going to allow any new map with dimensions that are not within the standard sizes untill a clear new policy is released. Sorry natty, you need keep this map on hold for a while.
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby natty dread on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:09 pm

Ok so is this map allowed or not?

If I'm not allowed to make this map I'm quitting CC. Or something.

Postby natty dread on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm going to start my own site and name it General Command.

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:10 pm

natty dread wrote:I'm going to start my own site and name it General Command.
:lol:
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby DiM on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:23 pm

general? pff, go for field marshal. it's higher ranked. :P

also you need to fit this in the soon to be new sizes of 500*500 for large and 350*350 for small.
maybe if you play nice you'll be allowed a supersize of 600*600.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby cairnswk on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:40 pm

I'd ask if you do it, you include Victoria pls. Also as you know Perth is not a state like you have eastern side, so change Pilbara and Perth to one Western Australia, and put Christmas Island in and move Kimberely to that, that would probably enable two connection west side: WA <-> Christmas is <-> Sumatra and NT <-> Java...suggestions
i like the style...but mmmm, a tad too big even for my screen.
Nice start though if its allowed.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby natty dread on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:20 pm

I could rename Tasmania to Victoria.

Perth is not a state but then again, I don't have any kind of strict states only policy, or any other kind of consistency in the scale of political divisions... I usually just divide things based on what looks good in my head, and what works for the gameplay. I wanted to divide western australia to 3 parts because it's too big to be represented by only one territory on the map. Also, smaller islands have the problem that the bonus colour is hard to see in them, as you can see from other small islands which are marked with grey labels to signify them not belonging to any bonus...

Postby cairnswk on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:32 pm

^ I'd still prefer my suggestion ;)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby natty dread on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:01 am

I'm sure you would ;)

If you can think of a better way to split the mainland western australia, so that it will have at least 3 territories, I'm open to suggestions... but I do want to keep it at 3, having lots of territories is kind of this map's thing.

Anyway, this is all moot anyway until we know if this map can be made or not.

Postby mgert on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:05 am

Pls, pls , pls can we have this one on supersize, i so badly want a big map that's better than world 2.1!
Cook mgert

Postby Flapcake on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Nice map, but I think its XXL, like the wife says, do my ass look big in thise jeens ? nooo not at all, it looks humongus :lol:
Private 1st Class Flapcake

Postby natty dread on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:36 am

Come on CC, quit stalling my maps...

Is it so hard to decide a damn maximum size for maps? Just come out and say it!

I can probably squeeze this map to 1250 width, 1000 for small map, if that'll get this party started. Although I'll probably have to cut down the size to around 200 territories or so.

Postby natty dread on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:42 am

Hello natty,

Unfortunately, after a bit of discussion, behind the scenes, with the site admins, it has been brought to my attention that the theme of a larger world map has been reserved for future use, for this reason "the site" can't give to you the approval for a map of that type.

If you have problem with this decision, feel free to send a PM directly to AndyDufresne.

I've had it with this fucking site. Ooh, have I not kissed enough admin ass to be allowed to make their "very special" maps? Probably some useless f*ck who knows nothing about maps gets to make this map now, or whatever.

f*ck you, CC, for the last time. I'm done here.

move to the bin please.

Re: bin please

Postby porkenbeans on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:54 pm

:lol:
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby The Bison King on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Is he serious?
Sergeant The Bison King

Postby DiM on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:31 pm

The Bison King wrote:Is he serious?

i would be too if somebody told me:

"hey nice map you have there bud. too bad you wasted your time with it cause we decided we're gonna get your idea and make a behind the stage map so yours is not allowed"

i'm also assuming i'm no longer allowed to pursue my world 3.0 map.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby zimmah on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:22 pm

DiM wrote:general? pff, go for field marshal. it's higher ranked. :P

also you need to fit this in the soon to be new sizes of 500*500 for large and 350*350 for small.
maybe if you play nice you'll be allowed a supersize of 600*600.

remember, in that size you also need to fit in the legend in a clear font and with extremely redundant explanation of each gameplay concept so that each sentence will be hella long. and also the continent bonusses and such.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby The Bison King on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:44 am

DiM wrote:
The Bison King wrote:Is he serious?

i would be too if somebody told me:

"hey nice map you have there bud. too bad you wasted your time with it cause we decided we're gonna get your idea and make a behind the stage map so yours is not allowed"

i'm also assuming i'm no longer allowed to pursue my world 3.0 map.

Whatever happened to Map making is a privilege not a right?

Oh and let's not forget:

Natty Dread wrote:Now guys, can we PLEASE stop doing this? This whole thing of "if I don't get my way I'll just quit working on this!"

Does this just not apply to you Natty?
Sergeant The Bison King

Postby DiM on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:53 am

The Bison King wrote:Whatever happened to Map making is a privilege not a right?

so if lackattack came to you and told you to abandon your colonial africa because he's planning on letting somebody make a colonial africa map behind the scenes sometime in the future, would you simply say: "yes sir, your wish is my command" and then abandon your work?
Major DiM

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:00 am

Okay that will be enough.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby The Bison King on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:26 am

DiM wrote:
The Bison King wrote:Whatever happened to Map making is a privilege not a right?

so if lackattack came to you and told you to abandon your colonial africa because he's planning on letting somebody make a colonial africa map behind the scenes sometime in the future, would you simply say: "yes sir, your wish is my command" and then abandon your work?

Yeah, but is it that surprising that the site lay claim to the basic world map? I'm not saying that he doesn't have a right to being upset but pulling every map he had in production is as collateral over this one issue, is how you say, an over-reaction. I hope he reconsiders and at least allows the maps he had in the final forge to finish out.
Sergeant The Bison King

Postby DiM on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:34 am

i'm not commenting on the way he handled it. everybody reacts in a different way so it's entirely his choice.
i was merely defending his point of view and saying that he has every reason to be offended by this.
Major DiM

Postby natty dread on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:31 pm

The Bison King wrote:Yeah, but is it that surprising that the site lay claim to the basic world map?

It is, actually. It used to be that maps were made in the foundry (disregarding certain "special event seasonal surprise maps"). It used to be that if two mapmakers had the same idea, both had the right to pursue it, and whoever had the better execution and more commitment to the process would get his/her map done. When I made my nordic countries map, there was another nordic countries map (sans iceland) being developed at the same time, but I eventually got my map done, and the other map stalled. That's how it should be - the survival of the fittest.

Now it seems certain map projects are reserved only to the "inner circle" group, and if they get conflicted by another map of the same subject, they get automatic mapmaking rights, regardless of which is the better map. I mean, shit, we haven't even seen the other world map yet, they probably don't even have a draft yet, and they have already declared it the "winner" over my map.

It used to be that the site admin trusted the foundry to create the best maps for this site. Even the first seasonal map was made by a foundry regular - now, the seasonal maps are being made by an entertainment person who has made exactly one map inside the foundry. Even the current classic map started as a regular map project inside the foundry - it was being developed as a new map, and the site decided to make it the new classic map instead. Now, the situation is obviously different, the foundry isn't the primary source of maps anymore, it's not the place that is asked when some kind of map is needed - no, those maps are reserved to this special "inner circle" group...

When I inquired from andydufresne why this map isn't allowed, he told me I could make it, as long as I make it "different enough" from that other world map they are planning. The irony is, my map was posted in the foundry first, their map hasn't even been started yet, shouldn't they be the ones to make their map different enough from mine?

But no, there's two foundries on CC now. The regular foundry, and the super-privileged foundry.

I don't want to be a part of a site that considers me a 2nd-class citizen, plain and simple.

Next

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas