Conquer Club

Dynamic maps

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Dynamic maps

Postby sudokU on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:58 am

I have this idea about dynamic maps, like bridges that rotate round by round, or move across a river. I have an idea about an All Seasons map that in the first turn is Spring and some path's are under watter, the second is Summer and some territories loses some troops because of the heat, third is Fall and some territories loses bonus because of disease, fourth is Winter where some territories are closed by avalanches, fifth Spring and so on... Of course is always the same behavior, but don't know if system is designed to manage this kind of map.

Is it possible?
Captain sudokU

Re: Dynamic maps

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:09 am

Not in the least. You cannot do it. Would be interesting to see a map like that but you cannot.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby DiM on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:54 pm

i asked for it in 2007. a map with triggers that change bonuses or connections. i even asked for a map that has several xml files and one of them is randomly chosen when a new game starts.

if it didn't happen in 6 years it will never happen.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby sudokU on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:14 am

Yes, I searched for a similar post without luck.. but I was sure there was any related to it.. Of course that with random xml you can do even more, there are infinite possibilities I think. I like your idea too! I don't know how much "noise" did you do when you bring this idea, but maybe we can start again! I tried to contact lackattack (mentioned in a post as the responsible of conquerclub) but I was not allowed to contact him by PM.
Captain sudokU

Postby zimmah on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:31 am

yes, we have asked for it for years and it would be possible but it's currently still not possible sadly
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Flapcake on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:26 am

what I would like to see it a XML system that aloud to have one or more parts of the map in fog and some not.
Private 1st Class Flapcake

Postby Gillipig on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:24 pm

With more advanced XML features this game would be close to impossible to get away from :)! I just imagine all the fun we could have with creating and playing on maps with these features. I think lack would find that the number of new sign ups, active players and preemium members would increase a lot if we made some mayor altercations to the XML.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Return to Foundry Discussions