Conquer Club

Easter Extravaganza 2012

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Easter Extravaganza 2012

Postby grifftron on Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Gilligan wrote:Alright, guys, how does CC Time: 2012-4-11 14:00:00 to CC Time: 2012-4-11 16:30:00 sound? I wanted to do USA afternoon so that we wouldn't leave out all of our European friends.

therev1957 wrote:Can you make the map bigger in the map browse feature? or to I have to go to game finder pick a map and active games or will the eggs be in the games already finish also? I hope so cuz I have played every map :)

The Game Settings option should be changed to Large. Eggs will be in games finished, too.

Why not give us a day so ALL can participate... I would like to participate but I cannot since its at 2 am for me.

no offense but when doing events they should all be around the clock so all can participate if wanted, not just the americans and europians.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby alster on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:47 am

Gilligan wrote:Alright, guys, how does CC Time: 2012-4-11 14:00:00 to CC Time: 2012-4-11 16:30:00 sound? I wanted to do USA afternoon so that we wouldn't leave out all of our European friends.

therev1957 wrote:Can you make the map bigger in the map browse feature? or to I have to go to game finder pick a map and active games or will the eggs be in the games already finish also? I hope so cuz I have played every map :)

The Game Settings option should be changed to Large. Eggs will be in games finished, too.

Well, I don't mind the date/start time. But 2Ā½ gours = 150 minutes, i.e. if trying to find all 10 eggs one has 45 seconds to look at each of the 200 maps (including browsing the maps, taking notes trying to send a PM). It's a fun thing, but impossible. Why not 24 hours if you want to give people a shoot at all 10?
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:50 am

I think that is plenty of time. It's not supposed to be easy.

And as far as catering to US/Europeans, they do different events at different times all the time. Sometimes they work for me and sometimes they don't. This one will work for me. If it was 2 hours later, I wouldn't be able to. It just happens that way.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby alster on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:47 am

chapcrap wrote:I think that is plenty of time. It's not supposed to be easy.

Well, it's not. For example, it took me maybe 1-2 minutes to find the egg on the Battle for Iraq map (first post in this thread), and then I knew there was an egg there somewhere. It's simply not possible to browse map by map (200) spending less than 45 seconds per map.
Gengoldy wrote:Of all the games I've played, and there have been some poor sports and cursing players out there, you are by far the lowest and with the least class.
Sergeant 1st Class alster

Postby grifftron on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:20 am

And as far as catering to US/Europeans, they do different events at different times all the time. Sometimes they work for me and sometimes they don't. This one will work for me. If it was 2 hours later, I wouldn't be able to. It just happens that way.

All I am getting at is the games on CC are all about making them as fair as possible so everyone has an even chance... why not for events like this too? let everyone have a even chance, or lets change the times to this event to please our asian users and so that the west has to wake up at 2 am.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby CJ Lues on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:41 am

Gilligan wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:Will it be on the map in-game, or will it be in the forum map post?

Who puts the egg in? the map maker or you?

Great question==can you just go to game finder and browse the maps--then the short time frame makes more sense. The family thing completely makes sense.

Have a Happy Easter all

The map will be universal - wherever the map is located, it will be seen (except for threads)

Sorry still a question, will you be able to see the eggs if you just browse the maps (since there aren't a "Large version" in the Browse Maps section)... 8-[

-CJ-
Sergeant CJ Lues

Location: I love a good plan, and i just love it when a plan comes together!

Postby Gilligan on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:10 am

CJ Lues wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:Will it be on the map in-game, or will it be in the forum map post?

Who puts the egg in? the map maker or you?

Great question==can you just go to game finder and browse the maps--then the short time frame makes more sense. The family thing completely makes sense.

Have a Happy Easter all

The map will be universal - wherever the map is located, it will be seen (except for threads)

Sorry still a question, will you be able to see the eggs if you just browse the maps (since there aren't a "Large version" in the Browse Maps section)... 8-[

-CJ-

Check the first post - you can change the Browse Maps size to large. Once you do that you'll be able to Browse a Map and see all large versions.

I'd love to keep it open all day. But if I do, I know there's gonna be someone who is going to leak answers to their friends or post them in the forums.
Captain Gilligan

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:27 am

alstergren wrote:

Well, it's not. For example, it took me maybe 1-2 minutes to find the egg on the Battle for Iraq map (first post in this thread), and then I knew there was an egg there somewhere. It's simply not possible to browse map by map (200) spending less than 45 seconds per map.

1-2 minutes?! It took like 5 seconds for me.
grifftron wrote:

All I am getting at is the games on CC are all about making them as fair as possible so everyone has an even chance... why not for events like this too? let everyone have a even chance, or lets change the times to this event to please our asian users and so that the west has to wake up at 2 am.

I understand what you're saying, but there are times that work for some people and times that work for other people. Playing the US afternoon probably won't even work for a lot of US players. A lot of people work or are in school during that time. There just isn't a way for CC to cater to everyone's schedule with every single event.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Sniper08 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:02 am

say if i enlarge a map in game finder will i see the changes or do i have to go into an actual game and enlarge the map to see the changes?
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gilligan on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:14 am

Sniper08 wrote:say if i enlarge a map in game finder will i see the changes or do i have to go into an actual game and enlarge the map to see the changes?

Game finder will do.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Gabriel13 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Can we at least have 1-2 more hours after that? I get home at 4:15, and rush hour is at 4, so most people get home around 5 in eastern USA time. I'm sure this would help a lot of people. Or why don't we just do different times for all the different people? Like a couple hours for every country. I also agree that it should be an all day thing. People will give out answers no matter what you do. It's not possible to stop it. Is there any way somebody could stop PM's from working for a day?
Cook Gabriel13

Postby Swifte on Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:46 pm

Gabriel13 wrote:Can we at least have 1-2 more hours after that? I get home at 4:15, and rush hour is at 4, so most people get home around 5 in eastern USA time. I'm sure this would help a lot of people. Or why don't we just do different times for all the different people? Like a couple hours for every country. I also agree that it should be an all day thing. People will give out answers no matter what you do. It's not possible to stop it. Is there any way somebody could stop PM's from working for a day?

Considering we're supposed to PM Gilligan the answers, that would not be effective. and if you stopped PMs, people'd just post it on their walls, or some goofball would put it out on the forum... so what's the point.

My suggestion for the future would be multiple 1 hour windows throughout the day, with different solutions. You get a reward equal to whatever you earned during the event you did best at... but hopefully there's a chance for most people to be involved in at least 1. For example, 4 events, 1 starting every 6 hours, all with different solutions - enter all or 1, but max of 2 GA medals.
Colonel Swifte

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Swifte wrote:My suggestion for the future would be multiple 1 hour windows throughout the day, with different solutions. You get a reward equal to whatever you earned during the event you did best at... but hopefully there's a chance for most people to be involved in at least 1. For example, 4 events, 1 starting every 6 hours, all with different solutions - enter all or 1, but max of 2 GA medals.

Best solution I have heard. =D>
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Swifte, that was my idea as well but that means more work for our VOLUNTEERS
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Last question I swear, :lol:

What about Beta Maps?
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby CJ Lues on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:00 am

My last question...!

Do i have to give you a written answer or can i give you an URL link like this: http://gyazo.com/3caa3ba58b0b664490a8dc9a777ec430

-CJ-
Sergeant CJ Lues

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:16 am

CJ Lues wrote:My last question...!

Do i have to give you a written answer or can i give you an URL link like this: http://gyazo.com/3caa3ba58b0b664490a8dc9a777ec430

-CJ-

It must be written.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Gilligan on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:22 am

Well, if you want to draw a circle around the egg and send me a link to the image, I'd be okay with that. However, I will NOT accept links to maps without indication of where the egg is.

crazymilkshake, Beta Maps are fair game.

Swifte, that would have been nice - but seeing as Lack has to upload the maps at the given time, and then down again so other groups don't get them mixed up, it'd be a bit unfair to him to make him be online all day and all night (for Asia/Australia, say) to upload and replace 30 maps.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Swifte on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:29 am

Yeah, i can see where it could be impractical. Guess I was being a little idealistic.
Colonel Swifte

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Gilligan wrote:Swifte, that would have been nice - but seeing as Lack has to upload the maps at the given time, and then down again so other groups don't get them mixed up, it'd be a bit unfair to him to make him be online all day and all night (for Asia/Australia, say) to upload and replace 30 maps.

Gilligan wrote: is a hunt like never before! At CC Time: 2012-4-11 14:00:00, 10 maps will go live with eggs hidden on them. Trick is, you don't know which maps they are on!

Is it 10 or 30 maps? now im confused and going to stop getting confused/posting, lol
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby Gilligan on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:51 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:Swifte, that would have been nice - but seeing as Lack has to upload the maps at the given time, and then down again so other groups don't get them mixed up, it'd be a bit unfair to him to make him be online all day and all night (for Asia/Australia, say) to upload and replace 30 maps.

Gilligan wrote: is a hunt like never before! At CC Time: 2012-4-11 14:00:00, 10 maps will go live with eggs hidden on them. Trick is, you don't know which maps they are on!

Is it 10 or 30 maps? now im confused and going to stop getting confused/posting, lol

It's 10. The 30 was theoretical for Swifte's idea. ;)
Captain Gilligan

Postby CJ Lues on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:55 pm

5 minutes and counting...! :D

-CJ-
Sergeant CJ Lues

Postby Gilligan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Ready set go!

Remember to set your default map to LARGE or you won't find ANYTHING!
Captain Gilligan

Postby EagleofGreenErth on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:10 pm

Found 1 for sure... other I cant tell if its an egg or not... lol
Corporal 1st Class EagleofGreenErth

Postby Gilligan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:13 pm

UPDATE:

If anyone finds all 10 eggs, I'll give 'em 3 months premium. If more than one finds all of them I will randomize for a winner...But let's wait and see how many people find all of them.
Captain Gilligan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives