Conquer Club

Clear, Red Font when Trench Setting is Applied

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

MAKE FUCKING TRENCH BOLD

Postby nietzsche on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:42 pm

IM SICK OF THIS NEW SHIT

MAKE THAT THING HUGE OR MAKE AN OPTION TO DISABLE SHOWING THOSE KIND OF GAMES THEY SUCK I KEEP LOOSING POINTS IN THEM
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Re: MAKE FUCKING TRENCH BOLD

Postby nietzsche on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:43 pm

OH AND ITS ONLY BEING USING FOR FARMING, NICE GOING LACKATTACK YOU JUST ENABLE FARMERS EVEN MORE
General nietzsche

Postby MichelSableheart on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:49 am

Using the game finder, it is easily possible to not show Trench games. If you want to join any game that's not trench warfar, use the gamefinder to search for public games waiting for players, with the checkbox "no" after Trench Warfare checked.
MichelSableheart,
Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
And a member of the Republic
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Postby nietzsche on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:40 am

MichelSableheart wrote:Using the game finder, it is easily possible to not show Trench games. If you want to join any game that's not trench warfar, use the gamefinder to search for public games waiting for players, with the checkbox "no" after Trench Warfare checked.

No thanks I want it they way it was before and I want a public apology from lickattack.
General nietzsche

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:49 am

nietzsche wrote:
MichelSableheart wrote:Using the game finder, it is easily possible to not show Trench games. If you want to join any game that's not trench warfar, use the gamefinder to search for public games waiting for players, with the checkbox "no" after Trench Warfare checked.

No thanks I want it they way it was before and I want a public apology from lickattack.

for not paying attention to the games you are entering in?
Major betiko

Postby Gilligan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:26 am

nietzsche wrote:IM SICK OF THIS NEW SHIT

MAKE THAT THING HUGE OR MAKE AN OPTION TO DISABLE SHOWING THOSE KIND OF GAMES THEY SUCK I KEEP LOOSING POINTS IN THEM

If you don't like it don't play it...I highly doubt Lack will spend his time coding things to turn off settings when he can be using his time to turn things on.
Captain Gilligan

Postby grifftron on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:18 am

Gilligan wrote:
nietzsche wrote:IM SICK OF THIS NEW SHIT

If you don't like it don't play it...I highly doubt Lack will spend his time coding things to turn off settings when he can be using his time to turn things on.

He turns me on
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby agentcom on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:10 pm

nietzsche wrote:

You are in the minority on this one based on the conversation I've seen.
Colonel agentcom

Clear, Red Font when Trench Setting is Applied

Postby WorldCup4James on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Concise description:
  • In all games in which the Trench setting is applied, the word Trench listed below the map to appear bold and in red color, as such: Trench.

Specifics/Details:
  • This would be applied to Game Finder as well, such that any word Trench on any games, regardless of whether one is specifically viewing a particular game or simply viewing a set of games from the Game Finder, is highlighted red.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Those players who are jumping from game to game taking turns will be aided by this because they will clearly identify the red color and therefore will be less likely to apply an incorrect strategy should they confuse a Trench game with a traditional game (without Trench).
  • I think this change is critical specifically for this setting because Trench offers a brand new, radical change in game dynamics unlike any other setting on the site. Also, without noticing the word Trench, the map itself does not show any indication of the Trench setting, as is the case with Nuclear spoils (the neutral 1s can be seen) or Fog (in which the ?s are seen).
  • Alternatively, a logo of some sort (a trench, for instance) could be designed and placed outside the map in a clearly identifiable place so that players can easily see when a game has the Trench setting selected.
Sergeant 1st Class WorldCup4James

Re: Clear, Red Font when Trench Setting is Applied

Postby chapcrap on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Nothing like this was done for freestyle or any other new setting, why do it for trench?

I'm against it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby WorldCup4James on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:10 pm

chapcrap wrote:Nothing like this was done for freestyle or any other new setting, why do it for trench?

I'm against it.

That's true. :roll:

It just immediately struck me as I was playing my first Trench game so I thought I'd just be the Devil's advocate and throw it out there.
Sergeant 1st Class WorldCup4James

Postby blakebowling on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Suggestions isn't for complaining, complaints go in... well just stop complaining I suppose.

Archived.
Private blakebowling

Postby chapcrap on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 pm

WorldCup4James wrote:
chapcrap wrote:Nothing like this was done for freestyle or any other new setting, why do it for trench?

I'm against it.

That's true. :roll:

It just immediately struck me as I was playing my first Trench game so I thought I'd just be the Devil's advocate and throw it out there.

Advocating for the devil?! :o :shock:

I can not condone this behavior. I'm still against it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:31 pm

I was going to say that I support this on a temporary basis while players become accustomed to the new game play option. But then I realized that this would just become a problem whenever that temporary period ended, and we'd have people saying "bring back the red text!"

I thought I was going to slightly disagree with chap on this one, but alas. Hey mods, until I weigh in on something, just consider chap to also carry a proxy vote for me. mmmmmkay?
Last edited by agentcom on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I somehow managed to spell "weigh" "way." Yes English is my native language.
Colonel agentcom

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:46 pm

I think people will eventually get use to it, just like players got use to Fog and and Manual and Nuclear and other setting variations that have come out. We can always come back to something like this if it really remains an issue for a long time, but I don't imagine it remaining one for too long, after players get acclimated.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby agentcom on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Looks like most have gotten used to it sans red text. REJECTED.
Colonel agentcom

Return to Archived Suggestions