Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 69: 11-04-12] 69ing the Conqueror

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 69: 11-04-12] 69ing the Conqueror

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:27 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 69th edition of the Dispatch :)

Hello, folks! I'm on a friend's iPad publishing this issue at a coffee shop that's about to close, so you'll have to excuse me if I'm brief!

TRENCH WARFARE HITS CONQUER CLUB!

Adjacent Attacks has finally made it to implementation after about four years since it was suggested. OliverFA, a primary AA enthiusiast, had finally given up just a week or two prior to the release! Can this be a sign that we can expect more from 2012 than previous years?

Anywho, this issue we've got a, erm, "lovely" interrogation of the infamous ranching Conquerer, Gen.LeeGettinhed. Read at your own risk! Some answer may be considered "baiting" or "flaming" by some.

As for the regular "Subscriber of the Issue" and "Ask A Mod", I'll get all caught up on that next issue, when my internet provider doesn't flub up :evil:

Enjoy the fruits of our laboring fingers!

Victor Sullivan
Chief Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Welcome back to the Freestyle Section readers. DoomYoshi wraps up the first part of his historical series, I bring you another Scum Insider, and GLG is interviewed.

Excelsior!

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

Historical Perspectives by DoomYoshi
show

show: Interrogation of Gen.LeeGettinhed

For issue 69 of the the Strategy Section of the Conquer Club Newsletter; We welcome back our youngest conquering writer with another addition to his views of "CC in History." This time it's the speed of Alexander the Great and his conquest of Persia. What can we learn from this? Be sure to read the article, "CC in History #2" By CrazyMilkShake5.

Then I finally finish up my Series about the Bonus Monkey being your friend, so leave him for last. A discussion Thread in the SoC forum was created for this article and all comments are welcomed. So do read, "The Bonus Monkey is your friend, leave him for last. Part 03" By me, Viceroy63.

And this week we introduce a new column congratulating our SoC students in the conquest of learning and winning their games as we recognize their accomplishments. In every issue we hope to show the Current SoC list of 'Winners!' So be sure to take a look at that list and don't be surprised if you see your very own name there. And...

-Congratulations to all our student because all of our students are winners.

Viceroy63
Strategy Executive

CC in History. #2 by crazymilkshake5
show

The Bonus Monkey is your friend, leave him for last. Part 03 by Viceroy63
show

Current SoC Training Fields Winners List By Viceroy63
show

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments!

Trench Warfare, the newest update, dominates the news on CC this week. One of the very best things about this update is the degree to which this is a community-produced result. Of course, lackattack made the final decision to go ahead with it, and had to do the work to code it into the CC engine. But the idea, and the rules by which it should work, were worked out by community debate in the Suggestions forum, and field-tested in several tournaments. I have written an article about these tournaments, below.

DaveH, my most reliable reporter, is back again with another installment of Dave's Tournament Tips, number 13 in the series. This time, Dave explores the question of how to use a spreadsheet to create a balanced tournament where everyone faces everyone else exactly once or exactly twice, other than a standard round robin.

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive
History of Adjacent Attack Tournaments by Dukasaur
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: Partnering Your Opponents

Hey, folks, Sully here. koontz has his traditional "What's where?" and "Foundry News", and Flapcake connects tournaments to the Foundry Taniyama-Shimura-style (not really, but you have to enjoy my math wordplay there). Rejoice in the Foundry always and again I say rejoice! Rejoice! Rejoice! And I again I say rejoice...

Victor Sullivan
Chief Executive

What's where in the foundry koontz1973
show

Foundry News koontz1973
show

Interview merch313 "Tournaments from the foundry" by Flapcake
show

Phase 2 of CL4 got underway this week with much debate and grievances aired about the format, prompting the addition of a dedicated topic to address those concerns in the form of the Clan League Complaint Box.
Elsewhere, the Newcomers Cup heats up as we come closer to the Final Four becoming the Top Two. Second-time entrants face off on one side of the bracket, while the other side has completely new faces participating. All 4 clans have tough draws in the CC3, so this might be their only Cup success this year. Read on below, as Skillfusniper tells us more!

In other news, Freestyle Reporter IcePack presents a competition on the the CC3, it should only be a 5 min enterprise, so we hope you'll all join to get involved in the event! killing.44 was the uncrowned champion for CC1, can you take his crown?!

Leehar
Clan Executive

NC2 Semi Finals by Skillfusniper33
show

CC3 Bracket Predictions by IcePack (KoA)
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of AndyDufresne. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with AndyDufresne

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Victor Sullivan and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 69: 11-04-12] 69ing the Conqueror

Postby DiM on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:32 am

i'm disgusted. :sick:
2 big thumbs down for how you handled this sully.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby drunkmonkey on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:07 am

It looks very unprofessional. Bait the interviewers to bait the interviewee, and then post the uncensored results for all to read. Very disappointed in the Dispatch, as I assumed I would be.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if Sully makes this criticism disappear, as he did with all my posts commenting on how it was being handled in the interrogation thread.
Last edited by drunkmonkey on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby The Voice on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:10 am

A playboy bunny for a map, eh, GLG? Well played.
Major The Voice

Postby BGtheBrain on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:25 am

Uncensored questions, uncensored answers. I liked it.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby Ace Rimmer on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:29 am

Everyone asked the questions, he answered. Thank you for putting it in unedited sully.

Surprised I got TWO shout outs in one dispatch after not playing for 6 months. Now my ego is even bigger.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:09 am

drunkmonkey wrote:It looks very unprofessional. Bait the interviewers to bait the interviewee, and then post the uncensored results for all to read. Very disappointed in the Dispatch, as I assumed I would be.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if Sully makes this criticism disappear, as he did with all my posts commenting on how it was being handled in the interrogation thread.

We ran the interview by the Discussions Team as well to remove any inappropriate answers. To the best of my knowledge, we've kept the interview within forum guidelines.

Frankly guys, if you don't like the person who's going to be interviewed, don't ask questions. And don't read the interrogation. We have spoiler tags for a reason.
Captain safariguy5

Postby chapcrap on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:48 am

I always love the tournament section!!
Last edited by chapcrap on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby drunkmonkey on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:01 pm

safariguy5 wrote:
drunkmonkey wrote:It looks very unprofessional. Bait the interviewers to bait the interviewee, and then post the uncensored results for all to read. Very disappointed in the Dispatch, as I assumed I would be.

We ran the interview by the Discussions Team as well to remove any inappropriate answers. To the best of my knowledge, we've kept the interview within forum guidelines.

Frankly guys, if you don't like the person who's going to be interviewed, don't ask questions. And don't read the interrogation. We have spoiler tags for a reason.

After reading it again, I retract my statement. Questions like "how butt-hurt are you over the recent ruling" should be benchmarks for journalism everywhere.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby The Voice on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:24 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:

After reading it again, I retract my statement. Questions like "how butt-hurt are you over the recent ruling" should be benchmarks for journalism everywhere.

There is no longer an art to journalism. Twenty-four hour news networks killed it. Thus, it isn't right to expect any integrity in journalism. Does that hurt your butt? ;)
Major The Voice

Postby DiM on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:24 pm

who said anything about art? nobody is expecting art from a bunch of volunteers for an online newsletter on CC.
what we're expecting is decency and common sense.
what we got was a newsletter that's been turned into GLG's bitch. his own personal blowhorn. an otherwise respectable newsletter that in this issue magically transformed into GLG's trolling/flaming tool. was it fun "bending over" for GLG? did you make "gurgling swallowing sounds"?

hey young kids in the audience, step away from the computers and ask your mothers what "gurgling swallowing sounds" are. :roll:

PS: sorry for using that language, but seeing how it passed the moderation of the interviewer, then the moderation of the discussion team and finally sully's close inspection, i'm assuming it's all good. apparently such language is accepted and worthy to be promoted.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:45 pm

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if Sully [Mod Edit]

I'm sorry, what did you say? *chuckles* Just messing with you :) You are entitled to your opinions and you are allowed to post them, just in the right threads. The interrogation threads are for questions. I don't mind a small tangent as long as it doesn't negatively affect the point of the thread, which it did in that case. This thread is for expressing your opinions, and you're more than welcome to create your own thread in the main Newsletter forum for whatever you want (that's within the Community Guidelines, of course).

I decided a less-edited version of GLG's interview was best. The Newsletter should not censor anything that is within the Community Guidelines (as we have to abide by those, naturally). Everyone can see GLG for who he is (on this forum).

If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, etc., feel free to create a thread or PM me or post here if it applies to this issue specifically.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby squishyg on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:47 pm

an entertaining interrogation! kudos to the general for answering the questions so candidly.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:41 pm

DiM wrote:who said anything about art? nobody is expecting art from a bunch of volunteers for an online newsletter on CC.
what we're expecting is decency and common sense.
what we got was a newsletter that's been turned into GLG's bitch. his own personal blowhorn. an otherwise respectable newsletter that in this issue magically transformed into GLG's trolling/flaming tool. was it fun "bending over" for GLG? did you make "gurgling swallowing sounds"?

hey young kids in the audience, step away from the computers and ask your mothers what "gurgling swallowing sounds" are. :roll:

PS: sorry for using that language, but seeing how it passed the moderation of the interviewer, then the moderation of the discussion team and finally sully's close inspection, i'm assuming it's all good. apparently such language is accepted and worthy to be promoted.

If you believe something broke forum rules, by all means, report it and the mods will take another look at it.

Honestly, I think the questions were less cordial this interview than every interview I've done before it. One can only do so much.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Master Fenrir on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:19 pm

I feel that in the spirit of the interview itself, we need to make a clarification about the title of this newsletter. The only people 69ing the conqueror are women. GLG is into women. He has a rl gf.
General Master Fenrir

Postby DiM on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:20 pm

safariguy5 wrote:If you believe something broke forum rules, by all means, report it and the mods will take another look at it.

Honestly, I think the questions were less cordial this interview than every interview I've done before it. One can only do so much.

oh come on don't hide behind forum rules.
people use very explicit curses throughout the forums. that doesn't mean the newsletter should start doing the same.

in the next issue will you say "f*ck him and f*ck her and suck this and suck that"? cause according to the forum rules you're free to do it.... :roll:

when joining team CC i was expressly told i'm supposed to respect and impose the highest moral standards. that i should not tarnish the CC name with indecency and immorality. i believe all (or most) of the people contributing to the newsletter agreed to the same thing.
and now you're publishing something that's anything but decent and moral and you have the nerve to hide behind forum guidelines.
i'm known for being a hot head and that i can hurt people's feelings but i never cursed anybody and yet this was an important issue when i applied for an official position. hurting someone's feelings even without the use of curses was considered a big no-no so i was told i can't do it.

don't get me wrong safari, i'm not pointing the finger at you. if anybody is to be considered responsible for this then it's sully for ultimately he's the one with the veto right. also he's one of the people who told me i must carefully consider my attitude and stance now that i'm teamCC. kinda hypocritical if you ask me.

anyway, discussing this is futile now. what's done is done.
Major DiM

Postby tkr4lf on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:37 pm

Q. If I (tkr4lf) were an ice cream sundae, how would you eat me? Please describe as graphically as possible.
To clarify, tkr4lf IS an ice cream sundae – and I would not, because his buddies are probably busy eating him. Proof: you sound lumpy, nutty and like you’ve full of cream.

GLG, if you're reading this...you didn't answer my question. You just called me an ice cream sundae, which was kind of the premise of the whole question (although to be fair, your description of me was delicious). What gives?
Major tkr4lf

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:00 pm

DiM wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:If you believe something broke forum rules, by all means, report it and the mods will take another look at it.

oh come on don't hide behind forum rules.
people use very explicit curses throughout the forums. that doesn't mean the newsletter should start doing the same.

in the next issue will you say "f*ck him and f*ck her and suck this and suck that"? cause according to the forum rules you're free to do it.... :roll:

when joining team CC i was expressly told i'm supposed to respect and impose the highest moral standards. that i should not tarnish the CC name with indecency and immorality. i believe all (or most) of the people contributing to the newsletter agreed to the same thing.
and now you're publishing something that's anything but decent and moral and you have the nerve to hide behind forum guidelines.
i'm known for being a hot head and that i can hurt people's feelings but i never cursed anybody and yet this was an important issue when i applied for an official position. hurting someone's feelings even without the use of curses was considered a big no-no so i was told i can't do it.

don't get me wrong safari, i'm not pointing the finger at you. if anybody is to be considered responsible for this then it's sully for ultimately he's the one with the veto right. also he's one of the people who told me i must carefully consider my attitude and stance now that i'm teamCC. kinda hypocritical if you ask me.

anyway, discussing this is futile now. what's done is done.

Well, see, now this is a different argument; now you argue that I am not abiding by the moral standard that TeamCC moderators are to uphold. I am appalled that you have decided to drag my name through the mud in this fashion. Allow me to rebut.

Gen.LeeGettinhed's answers to the community's questions should not and are not a reflection of myself. Just because GLG decided to say some suggestive and borderline baiting/flaming statements, does not mean that I am agreeing with what GLG is saying, explicitly or implicitly. As Chief Executive of the Dispatch, I will take responsibility for including all of its content (and I assure you I am more than proud of every issue that is posted in this forum, including this one), however the views and opinions expressed in articles and interviews I do not necessarily agree with, nor do I have to. I am not going to go through and edit every tidbit that I or someone else might disagree with - that nearly defeats the purpose of this newsletter. Censoring a medium like this almost seems hypocritical, does it not? Sure, if Gen.LeeGettinhed's interview responses included bigotry or something equally undesirable by the vast majority of the population of Conquer Club and also (therefore) a violation of the Community Guidelines, then of course it would be edited out, as it is considered to be universally offensive and does not increase or enhance the experience of reading this newsletter, and I think people would still be able to pick up the way that interviewee has presented him or herself.

If you have anything more to say about me specifically, PM me, report me to my Team Leader, Gilligan, and/or report me to the Community Manager, AndyDufresne. Anymore talk about my integrity or the like in this thread will be considered trolling, and you will be reported, however you are still free to talk about the interrogation.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby DiM on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:26 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Sure, if Gen.LeeGettinhed's interview responses included bigotry or something equally undesirable by the vast majority of the population of Conquer Club and also (therefore) a violation of the Community Guidelines, then of course it would be edited out, as it is considered to be universally offensive and does not increase or enhance the experience of reading this newsletter,

why wouldn't bigotry be published? it's hugely present in a lot of topics from GD or OT so people obviously don't find this very offensive otherwise all those threads would be locked.

how about religious views? would you publish that? what if the responses of an interviewee would offend somebody's religion? there's plenty of religion bashing going on in the forums, so again, it's not something the majority would find undesirable?

what other decency rules would the newsletter be prepared to break?

i'm assuming that if the vast majority of the community doesn't consider a subject undesirable, then you're willing to publish it.
if racism would fall in that category would you publish it? how about nazi propaganda?

or better yet. will the newsletter sink to the lowest moral point the majority agrees on?

if the newsletter would be a scandal magazine i'd be ok with it cause in the real world scandal sells and those magazines want to make a profit. you're not making a profit here, the newsletter is not a money machine so "scandal sells" doesn't apply here. if you're doing a voluntary thing out of passion at least strive to set a moral example.
Major DiM

Postby codeblue1018 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Master Fenrir wrote:I feel that in the spirit of the interview itself, we need to make a clarification about the title of this newsletter. The only people 69ing the conqueror are women. GLG is into women. He has a rl gf.

Could a "tranny" be referred to as a girlfriend? Just curious.

Not exactly sure on the exact number it was referenced, four I believe, however, what does beating Kiron/MC in ONE doubles game mean anyway? This must have been a monumental feat as it was referenced several times. Perhaps a ten game series would be able to tell true doubles talant a little more accurately than one game? :roll: :lol:

Edit;
Kiron/MC were referenced 6 times total, 5 of which pertained to the fact that Kiron/MC were beat; Unless my eyes are playing tricks in me, which is entirely possible I guess. :lol:
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby Crazyirishman on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Master Fenrir wrote:I feel that in the spirit of the interview itself, we need to make a clarification about the title of this newsletter. The only people 69ing the conqueror are women. GLG is into women. He has a rl gf.

f*ck you, I cant quit laughing

Also I feel like my question was not answered properly. I proposed a hypothetical scenario to which GLG did not respond appropriately.

Q. Suppose I'm (Crazyirishman) that cutie you've been texting for the last few weeks and I just friendzoned you, how would you respond?
I don’t think you are cute – and I already have a rl gf
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Aradhus on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:

f*ck you, I cant quit laughing

He claimed multiple times to have a girlfriend and twice denied being behind with the rent. At this point I think it is safe to assume repressed sexuality and/or pathological liar.
Major Aradhus

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:07 pm

ANALOGIES:
There are several famous quotes that come to mind about this article. They go something like this:

"be careful what you ask for -- for you will surely get it"
"don't ask a question that you don't want to know the answer to"
"arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig. you both get dirty, and the pig has fun"

EDITS:
They DID edit somewhat -- particularly some Q's and a few parts of answers (if not all of some -- there were so many)

Why did they edit out my answer to Chari- about his holiday card? you know, about the fire/brimstone probably burning up his cards before they arrives? wtF?

JOURNALISTIC IMPARTIALITY:
Quoting the Dispatch's "chief executive" (rotf lmFAo on that one):
- 69ing the Conqueror
- "lovely" interrogation of the infamous ranching Conquerer, Gen.LeeGettinhed.
- Some answer may be considered "baiting" or "flaming" by some.
- Everyone can see GLG for who he is (on this forum)
. . .and Editors are supposed to be impartial? wow, maybe I buy the imp part. On #3 he admits it was reviewed, so note it as "reviewed and allowed -- but R rated".

OVERALL:
From responses I've seen and PM's I've gotten, half enjoyed it, a few not so much. so it sounds like a middle-of-the-road concensus was arrived at. Not a whole lot different than US politics.
Field Marshal Gen.LeeGettinhed

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)

Postby Commander62890 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Your comments can't even be considered flames, because we don't take you seriously.
Your sad attempts at flames only incite laughter - seriously, Ljex and I were cracking up as we read the newsletter... you're nuts.

I mean, it's absolutely incredible to me that you actually think your comments were in any way witty. Instead, rather than make yourself "look good," and make fun of your detractors, all you've done is further prove to us how insane you really are. Aradhus has it right...
GLG - you need help, man.

It's just astonishing that you can't see how your words do not serve to demean your detractors in any way, shape or form...
What most of us see is just a sad, sad man with a broken personality.

I suppose we really ought to pity you... but, I'm not that nice a person. I just can't help but laugh!
Major Commander62890

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 am

Gen.LeeGettinhed wrote:JOURNALISTIC IMPARTIALITY:
Quoting the Dispatch's "chief executive" (rotf lmFAo on that one):
- 69ing the Conqueror
- "lovely" interrogation of the infamous ranching Conquerer, Gen.LeeGettinhed.
- Some answer may be considered "baiting" or "flaming" by some.
- Everyone can see GLG for who he is (on this forum)
. . .and Editors are supposed to be impartial? wow, maybe I buy the imp part. On #3 he admits it was reviewed, so note it as "reviewed and allowed -- but R rated".

Our editing was impartial (i.e. the meaning behind your statements was not altered); our opinions on the matter may be biased, though in general I'd say I wouldn't express an opinion in a Dispatch that was unpopular. I was still probably less biased than Fox News :P

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Next

Return to Newsletter Issues