Conquer Club

Script: Team PM - Version 1.0.1

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CC Private Message Team 0.4

Postby scottp on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:01 pm

this does not work for me. the button is there, and the "push button" animation works when i click it, but it does nothing else.

FF 8.0 Windows 7
Account sitters = MagnusGreeol, concrete, RKCVED
Major scottp

Postby ThrushAAX on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:17 am

scottp wrote:this does not work for me. the button is there, and the "push button" animation works when i click it, but it does nothing else.

FF 8.0 Windows 7

Any reason why you haven't upgraded to FF10?

In any case, I have changed the first post to state that only the latest versions of browsers are supported. Unfortunately I don't/can't keep old versions installed.
Colonel ThrushAAX

Postby jetsetwilly on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:38 am

Could we consider changing the default title of the PM's ?

This gets used all the time now and sometimes we are drowning in PM's :) Given I don't memorise game numbers, a more useful PM title might include any tournament title and the map name. (appreciating this might need to be truncated). Doing that allows you to pick out and address the important ones.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby chapcrap on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:40 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:Could we consider changing the default title of the PM's ?

This gets used all the time now and sometimes we are drowning in PM's :) Given I don't memorise game numbers, a more useful PM title might include any tournament title and the map name. (appreciating this might need to be truncated). Doing that allows you to pick out and address the important ones.

I would agree with this. I change the title to something like: "Our King's Court Triples Game"
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ThrushAAX on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:44 pm

That's a great idea. It would be pretty easy to get the map name with FF... unsafeWindow.map.title

Chrome is a bit of a problem, going to have to dig deeper and maybe hack something together.

I considered grabbing the name from the image url but the names sometimes include what appears to be a version number which makes that impossible.
Colonel ThrushAAX

Postby ender516 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Given the game number, you can use the Conquer Club API to get information about a game, including the name of the map, and the tournament title, if any. No need for unsafeWindow accesses. There is a stickied topic about the API in the Tools Development forum.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby ThrushAAX on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:15 pm

ender516 wrote:Given the game number, you can use the Conquer Club API to get information about a game, including the name of the map, and the tournament title, if any. No need for unsafeWindow accesses. There is a stickied topic about the API in the Tools Development forum.

Yeah, I really didn't want to hit the CC API. That may end up being the best route. The other option that I am considering is just grabbing the inline JS from the script tag and running some string searching on it.
Colonel ThrushAAX

Postby sherkaner on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:24 pm

ThrushAAX wrote:
ender516 wrote:Given the game number, you can use the Conquer Club API to get information about a game, including the name of the map, and the tournament title, if any. No need for unsafeWindow accesses. There is a stickied topic about the API in the Tools Development forum.

Yeah, I really didn't want to hit the CC API. That may end up being the best route. The other option that I am considering is just grabbing the inline JS from the script tag and running some string searching on it.

BOB is using that other option for getting the map data, it might be the better choice in this case.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby scottp on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:16 pm

ThrushAAX wrote:
scottp wrote:this does not work for me. the button is there, and the "push button" animation works when i click it, but it does nothing else.

FF 8.0 Windows 7

Any reason why you haven't upgraded to FF10?

In any case, I have changed the first post to state that only the latest versions of browsers are supported. Unfortunately I don't/can't keep old versions installed.

LOL, I guess I wasn't even aware it was out... or I neglected to upgrade in the past because I read some of these add-ons/scripts weren't compatible and never revisited the issue.

Upgraded to FF10 and all is well! Thanks for the awesome script! =D>
Account sitters = MagnusGreeol, concrete, RKCVED
Major scottp

Postby ThrushAAX on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:04 am

Ok, You've convinced me to use the CC API. :) It will sometimes take upwards of half a second for it to get data back but oh well...

For the new subject I like the format "Our <mapname> <quads, triples, doubles> for <tournament name>". So for me this would be "Our Flanders 1302 doubles for Davis Cup 2012 [TPA2]". The maximum character length for subjects is 60, so longer tournament names will be cut off. However, tournament names are unique enough that it should still be OK. (It could be shortened a bit by using trips and dubs. Any opinion?)

Any suggestions for adding anything more to the default message body or is the game number enough?
Colonel ThrushAAX

Postby ender516 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:43 am

Does the size of the team really add anything to the subject if there is a tournament involved? Do you find yourself in different size games in the same tourney? I would use "Our <mapname> game for <tournament>" or "Our <mapname> <doubles, triples, quadruples> game". You could leave out "game", especially in the tournament version to get more useful text.

Postby chapcrap on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm agreeing with ender.

You could probably leave the word 'Our' off of the front as well. I'm not sure that the tournament names need in there either.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jetsetwilly on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:00 am

chapcrap wrote:I'm agreeing with ender.

You could probably leave the word 'Our' off of the front as well. I'm not sure that the tournament names need in there either.

Also agree, and thanks for picking up on the suggestion :)

Postby HardAttack on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:49 am

are you planning to extend this beautiful tool with an additional property,
such as,
automatic wall message to the whole team players ?

btw, great work pal, nicely done, thank you.

Can you change the auto message "Our Team Game [game]xxxxxxxx[/game]" into "[game]xxxxx[/game]" ? No need to use "our team game" text part IMO. What do you think ?
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Re: CC Private Message Team 0.5

Postby ThrushAAX on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:53 pm

OK, finally uploaded version 0.5. I actually had worked on it a few weeks ago but just finalized it now.

Game number is removed from subject as you can't really use it. Instead if shows the map name and the game type or the tournament name. No more "Our" ;)
Colonel ThrushAAX

Postby jetsetwilly on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Many thanks :)

Postby macbone on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:04 am

Awesome update, thrush!
Colonel macbone

Postby HardAttack on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:36 am

Nice work pal =D>
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby chapcrap on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:59 pm

Can the next update make the script work on https://www.conquerclub.com ?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ender516 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:21 pm

You can test drive a fix like that yourself, chapcrap. Go to the Greasemonkey drop down menu and select Manage User Scripts. Then click on the Options button next to the name of this script. You should see a dialog box with the User Settings tab showing. The top half is for included pages. Click the Add.. button and type in https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=*, which corresponds to the Script Setting string, but with the https protocol.

Postby chapcrap on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:43 pm

ender516 wrote:You can test drive a fix like that yourself, chapcrap. Go to the Greasemonkey drop down menu and select Manage User Scripts. Then click on the Options button next to the name of this script. You should see a dialog box with the User Settings tab showing. The top half is for included pages. Click the Add.. button and type in https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=*, which corresponds to the Script Setting string, but with the https protocol.

Thanks, I had already done that. And I did it with the last version too. I just don't want to do it every time.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ender516 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:08 pm

chapcrap wrote:
ender516 wrote:You can test drive a fix like that yourself, chapcrap. Go to the Greasemonkey drop down menu and select Manage User Scripts. Then click on the Options button next to the name of this script. You should see a dialog box with the User Settings tab showing. The top half is for included pages. Click the Add.. button and type in https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=*, which corresponds to the Script Setting string, but with the https protocol.

Thanks, I had already done that. And I did it with the last version too. I just don't want to do it every time.

Ah, yes, that could become tedious.

Postby ThrushAAX on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Sorry about the https issues. Thought I had fixed it before but I just tested it now and had to change it again. Had some weird issue with FF. It should work fine now and you won't need to manually add the exception again.

I did not bump the version number as its not much of a change. Please let me know if it stops working again though. :)
Colonel ThrushAAX

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:38 am

ThrushAAX wrote:Sorry about the https issues. Thought I had fixed it before but I just tested it now and had to change it again. Had some weird issue with FF. It should work fine now and you won't need to manually add the exception again.

I did not bump the version number as its not much of a change. Please let me know if it stops working again though. :)

Great. It's working perfect now. Thanks for the fix.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Immediately before I headed over here, the Message TEam button has disappeared from my team games. I don't think that I've used it at all today, though come to think of it. I'll see if anything changes when I reinstall. BRB
Colonel agentcom

PreviousNext

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements