Conquer Club

Hannibal: Trebia 218 BC *VACATION PLEASE*

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hannibal: Trebia 218 BC [04.13.2012] *Updated, Feedback*

Postby Oneyed on Sun May 06, 2012 2:14 am

interesting map and idea. I had idea to implement this battle to my Punic Wars map...

let´s look at your map.

hm, while this is 1 v 1 map - can you do that each player will start on one side? so one player will be Roman and second player Carthagian? maybe each could start with his camp and some units in field? the next ones will start as neutrals?

use "pictures" for units - so elephants will look as elephants (this is better way then have complex legend, I think).

make difference between units (bombard, one way assault, attack up two regions, autodeploy, lose units...).

make combinations of bonuses if held any types of units, but also negative bonuses for any combination of units.

make difference between attacks - elephants could attack infantry, cavalery could attack elephants.

add commanders to map?

use river as impassable and add there som crossing point?

try to read something about ancient tactics and bring to players real feelings-

I will look more at you map and also I will again look how it was near Trebia. good work, I want to see this playable :)

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby chaos32679 on Sun May 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Oneyed wrote:interesting map and idea. I had idea to implement this battle to my Punic Wars map...

let´s look at your map.

hm, while this is 1 v 1 map - can you do that each player will start on one side? so one player will be Roman and second player Carthagian?

yes, above image shows that. Each player starts with ONE camp.

Oneyed wrote:use "pictures" for units - so elephants will look as elephants (this is better way then have complex legend, I think).

May do this later on, right now i'm looking strictly for gameplay ideas. For 1v1 maps, gameplay needs to be approved first.
Lieutenant chaos32679

Postby mr. CD on Sun May 06, 2012 4:08 pm

At the moment the maps is rather unbalanced, due to the decay and the extra carthagian way to move out (placement of the 10 killer neutral makes it very easy for Carthage to move out, while hard for Rome to use that.
Besides that there is not really a gameplay, no bonuses to get, only the decay, this mean that at this moment both players will sit until one player is able to take the other out, which will be somewhere around when they hit 60 troops.
Nice concept, but this 1v1 map won't work until you have more interesting things to get in the middle.
Lieutenant mr. CD

Re: Hannibal: Trebia 218 BC *VACATION PLEASE*

Postby chaos32679 on Mon May 07, 2012 5:15 am

need to go back to the drawing board n re-think some things.

please vacation this
Lieutenant chaos32679

Re: Hannibal: Trebia 218 BC *VACATION PLEASE*

Postby koontz1973 on Mon May 07, 2012 5:26 am

chaos32679 wrote:need to go back to the drawing board n re-think some things.

please vacation this

OK then.

[Moved]

As per map makers request. Will move this back into the drafting room as soon as an update has been made.

koontz.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Previous

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas