Conquer Club

[GP] Increase to 12 Players

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

What should the final proposal be?

Up the number of players to 9, and see how it goes from there.
8%
Up the number of players to 10, and see how it goes from there.
14%
Up the number of players straight to 12.
55%
I don't mind, as long as the number goes up.
5%
Keep the number of players at 8.
16%
Other, stated in thread.
1%

Total votes : 348

Re: Increase to 12 Players

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:51 pm

I feel like the coding for this should be relatively easy as well.

Just copy and paste the code for a player 4 more times =D
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby natty dread on Sun May 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Hey, my new Eurasia map would probably be pretty damn awesome for 12 player games...

just sayin'
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Army of GOD on Sun May 06, 2012 3:53 pm

natty dread wrote:Hey, my new Eurasia map would probably be pretty damn awesome for 12 player games...

just sayin'

NO
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby chapcrap on Sun May 06, 2012 6:03 pm

natty dread wrote:Hey, my new Eurasia map would probably be pretty damn awesome for 12 player games...

just sayin'

Very true.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sun May 06, 2012 11:17 pm

Just wondering... how do we go about making this somethign that happens? Do I send a letter to my senator?
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby chapcrap on Sun May 06, 2012 11:34 pm

swimmerdude99 wrote:Just wondering... how do we go about making this somethign that happens? Do I send a letter to my senator?

Do they have Senators in Canada? How do things work up there?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ender516 on Mon May 07, 2012 12:23 am

chapcrap wrote:
swimmerdude99 wrote:Just wondering... how do we go about making this somethign that happens? Do I send a letter to my senator?

Good lord, don't start a debate about the Canadian Senate here, please! But to answer your questions, yes, we have senators, appointed permanently (to age 75, to be precise) by the party in power in the House of Commons (like your House of Representatives), and things work about as well as you might imagine with an upper house filled with hacks accountable to no one but themselves and their political masters. Hmm, perhaps I am fanning the flames of a debate. Sorry.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby chapcrap on Mon May 07, 2012 1:39 am

ender516 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

Good lord, don't start a debate about the Canadian Senate here, please! But to answer your questions, yes, we have senators, appointed permanently (to age 75, to be precise) by the party in power in the House of Commons (like your House of Representatives), and things work about as well as you might imagine with an upper house filled with hacks accountable to no one but themselves and their political masters. Hmm, perhaps I am fanning the flames of a debate. Sorry.

So, does that mean we can write a letter to our Senators or not?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby macbone on Mon May 07, 2012 2:47 am

just sayin'

Sextuples in Eurasia! This must happen!
Colonel macbone

Postby Army of GOD on Mon May 07, 2012 3:49 am

Yea, never mind the fact that the hockey team the Ottawa Senators exists.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon May 07, 2012 7:47 pm

chapcrap wrote:
ender516 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

So, does that mean we can write a letter to our Senators or not?

...No.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Colour full.

Postby 2dimes on Tue May 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Concise description:
  • add a couple more options to the max # of players allowed

Specifics:
  • I'd like to see 12 and it works with all the current game types, 12 singles, 6 doubles teams, 4 triples teams, 3 quad teams.
  • increments would be fine.
  • send me money
  • Here's the current colours. red green blue yellow pink cyan orange slate
  • I added 18 more for 26 distinct colours I'm almost happy with, each begins with a different letter for "add color codes"
    a auburn
    b blue
    c cyan
    d drab
    e emerald
    f flax
    g green
    h heliotrope
    i ivory
    j jonquil
    k khaki
    l lemon
    m maroon
    n neon
    o orange
    p pink
    q quartz
    r red
    s slate
    t teal
    u umber
    v violet
    w wine
    x xanadu
    y yellow
    z zaffre
  • I had to cheat quartz as it was too close to slate, shades of grey I guess. The colour I used was Timberwolf.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
    Allow more team options than two team triples and quad games.
    Might make some cool tourneys also.

War Dog wrote:IT SHOULD ONLY BE AVAIBLE AS AN OPOTION IN SOME MAPS...

Could this be possible as an option on World 2.0 as a 26 player singles game?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:38 pm

do we have 12 player games yet?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Pirlo on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:07 am

no note yet.. if you were told it would be done by July, your source had probably meant to say July 2022 :mrgreen:
Captain Pirlo

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Well, there's a map being developed right now in the Foundry...1588 Spanish Armada...that has capacity for 12 players...so i hope we get a good push on this.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:45 am

cairnswk wrote:Well, there's a map being developed right now in the Foundry...1588 Spanish Armada...that has capacity for 12 players...so i hope we get a good push on this.

It will go nicely with some other 12 player possibilities, like Antarctica!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:23 pm

I think it's cool that the Foundry is already thinking ahead to this. I think those types of "pushes" from various parts of the community can do some good/put some pressure on actualizing some suggestions when done right. Seems like it would be that type of stuff that would catch the attention of any site owner/admin. Nice work Foundry!
Colonel agentcom

Postby DiM on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:24 pm

agentcom wrote:I think it's cool that the Foundry is already thinking ahead to this. I think those types of "pushes" from various parts of the community can do some good/put some pressure on actualizing some suggestions when done right. Seems like it would be that type of stuff that would catch the attention of any site owner/admin. Nice work Foundry!

i think over 90% of the maps we have now are compatible with 12 player games so it's not about thinking ahead.

i honestly can't think of any logical reason why this hasn't been implemented so far. :(
the vast majority of maps are compatible with 12 player games and the ones that aren't can be easily restricted just like we've restricted some maps from 7-8 player games.
4 extra colours can easily be found.
the coding can't be that difficult as we already have 7-8 player games and that didn't seem to be such a pain to code.
the stress on the server won't be that big and if it is you could make 9-12 player games available only for premiums and this way lack makes more money and eases the server load.
i didn't read all the pages but did somebody give an official answer why this hasn't been implemented?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Re:

Postby agentcom on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:59 pm

DiM wrote:
i honestly can't think of any logical reason why this hasn't been implemented so far. :(
the vast majority of maps are compatible with 12 player games and the ones that aren't can be easily restricted just like we've restricted some maps from 7-8 player games.
4 extra colours can easily be found.
the coding can't be that difficult as we already have 7-8 player games and that didn't seem to be such a pain to code.
the stress on the server won't be that big and if it is you could make 9-12 player games available only for premiums and this way lack makes more money and eases the server load.
i didn't read all the pages but did somebody give an official answer why this hasn't been implemented?

I also have not read the whole thing, but I did just read the first 2 pages and the last few.

P. 1
lackattack wrote:The problem with more players is that the colours get more confusing.

P.2
AndyDufresne wrote:Before you could even consider this, you'd have to find color codes that are unique and different enough from the current ones we have.

I'm also afraid that 9 and 10 player games...on maps, would be simply be down to the luck of who gets to go first.

--Andy

But if you look a couple posts above mine or even in the first couple pages, there are definitely some workable color combinations. So perhaps it's this:
P. 28
Victor Sullivan wrote:
2dimes wrote:I'm curious. Obviously it's possible to have 12 player singles as there has been battle royals.

What are some of the difficulties when the number of players is increased?

The coding for BRs is apparently much, much different, says lackattack.

-Sully
Colonel agentcom

Re: Re:

Postby DiM on Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Problem 1. Colours.
not an impossible problem. 4 more colours can be found, older ones can be tweaked and a solution would be reached in a matter of days if an open discussion would take place.
plus we have colour codes.

Problem 2. On some maps it would be all about who goes first.
true, but again not such a big problem.
12 p game on doodle earth would mean just 1 terit per person so obviously some people would die before their first turn especially in sequential. first of all i bet people would love 1 terit doodle on freestyle. it would be even crazier than the current assdoodles. BUT let's assume we want to avoid this situation, then we simply impose limits.
just like AoR can't be played by 8 people because it doesn't support that many, we can also limit doodle to only 9 people (2 terits each).
again, an open discussion would be recommended and people would surely give their input on what maps should be blocked and what shouldn't.

so neither of those is represents such an insurmountable problem. and as i said before if you make this a premium-only feature then perhaps lack will increase his revenue.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby ender516 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:27 am

Colours are not an impossible problem, but you are dreaming if you think a set of 4 colours can be found in a matter of days in an open discussion, especially if you open the can of worms by changing existing ones. There are far too many users on this site that cannot cope with change even if it is optional or something as small as an extra entry on the left hand menu.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:33 am

ender516 wrote:Colours are not an impossible problem, but you are dreaming if you think a set of 4 colours can be found in a matter of days in an open discussion, especially if you open the can of worms by changing existing ones. There are far too many users on this site that cannot cope with change even if it is optional or something as small as an extra entry on the left hand menu.

then just let the mapmakers come up with 12 colours. they would be the most appropriate persons to do so.
Major DiM

Postby zimmah on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:07 pm

ender516 wrote:Colours are not an impossible problem, but you are dreaming if you think a set of 4 colours can be found in a matter of days in an open discussion, especially if you open the can of worms by changing existing ones. There are far too many users on this site that cannot cope with change even if it is optional or something as small as an extra entry on the left hand menu.

standing still is going backwards. Conquer club in general is too much focused on not changing anything, but the internet in general is a fast moving place. People will leave anyway, no matter what you do, but if you never improve, you'll never attract new interest and also the ones who were interested from the start will start to grow increasingly bored and leave as well.

and why is it that something stupid as the failed rating system replaces the feedback system (ye i know the answer, it's to give mods an easier time). but something small as adding extra players is not. yes i know the nitial player count was 6, but 12 is a number that makes much more sense, because 12 is such a beautiful number it can be split in so many different ways. (12 singles, 6 doubles, 4 triples, 3 quads, 2 sextuplets).

also, only 17% of the voters don't like an increase (there's always some complainers, even if you have a vote to issue free pie!)
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby fusibaseball on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:08 am

removed
Last edited by fusibaseball on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Conqueror fusibaseball

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:11 am

fusibaseball wrote:With the addition of Battle Royales, it seems like this is a more appropriate time than ever to just increase the number of players allowed to 10 and just see what happens...or if the mods are feeling bold just up it to 12 and make it a free-for-all! If 83% of the community wants to see the change happen and it's a change that's been solidly advocated for 5 years now, isn't this one of the most-wanted changes across the entire site? Take a chance lack and just go for it :-D

+1
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions