Conquer Club

CC Clan League 5 - Question going here

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CC Clan League -Premier-First-Second

Postby uckuki on Wed May 09, 2012 10:51 am

do a survey of top 10 clans, feel the vibe?
Major uckuki

Postby Qwert on Wed May 09, 2012 1:39 pm

uckuki wrote:do a survey of top 10 clans, feel the vibe?

what??? talk to mine language,i know that you know to speak on mine language :mrgreen:
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby IcePack on Wed May 09, 2012 2:32 pm

qwert wrote:
uckuki wrote:do a survey of top 10 clans, feel the vibe?

what??? talk to mine language,i know that you know to speak on mine language :mrgreen:

He meant talk to the leader of all top 10 clans and get their opinions / feelings on the set up, and if they would e intereste in participating.

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby uckuki on Wed May 09, 2012 2:41 pm

:)

napravi anketu medu top 10 klanovima, opipaj bilo (atmosferu)?
slabiji klanovi i mi obicni smrtnici cemo se prijavit iovako i onako, mi smo
sritni da mozemo igrat. dok je elita probirljiva, nekad oce nekad nece. kad znas
koliko ce top 10 klanova ucestvovat lakse ce ti bit slozit stvar.
Major uckuki

Postby Qwert on Wed May 09, 2012 4:27 pm

you mean to send messages to all clan leaders to give hes oppinion ?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby uckuki on Wed May 09, 2012 5:11 pm

yes. posalji pm liderma klanova.
Major uckuki

Postby Qwert on Thu May 10, 2012 4:00 am

uckuki wrote:yes. posalji pm liderma klanova.

now i understand this message very clear, ok,i will look all clans and send message to hear what they think ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ViperOverLord on Thu May 10, 2012 4:07 am

I like it.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby Ickyketseddie on Thu May 10, 2012 1:53 pm

I think it looks like a great idea. :D

Might be worth thinking about how to deal with clans that may disband part-way through the league, or how to squeeze in newly formed clans for subsequent years?
Captain Ickyketseddie

Postby Qwert on Thu May 10, 2012 4:50 pm

Ickyketseddie wrote:I think it looks like a great idea. :D

Might be worth thinking about how to deal with clans that may disband part-way through the league, or how to squeeze in newly formed clans for subsequent years?

disbanded clans will not play in league,simple.
New formed clan will start to play in second league.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Great-Ollie on Mon May 14, 2012 6:02 pm

actually looks like a great idea qwert! We think there is getting to be too many different leagues ect, but i think we would go for this one to replace the others if the other top clans would follow, really like the format.
Major Great-Ollie

Postby Qwert on Tue May 15, 2012 8:32 am

Great-Ollie wrote:actually looks like a great idea qwert! We think there is getting to be too many different leagues ect, but i think we would go for this one to replace the others if the other top clans would follow, really like the format.

Only first season will be classify using Algoritm ranking,and then you will get clear situation for every next year, and you will perfectly know where you play each year.
Only what its need its to build universal rules,who will cover all importan things,and all possible problems who can hepend,when you play in league.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Ace Rimmer on Tue May 15, 2012 8:56 am

I'm pretty sure this is what jpcloet was planning to do with the "official" Clan League. It's a shame that there are multiple leagues now instead of one unified league.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Sniper08 on Wed May 16, 2012 2:33 pm

this is what a league system should look like. well done qwert from what i did understand of the OP :lol:

9 games per week seems a lot to me (18 total home and away) , many clans will have way too many games going at once as trips and quads would take atleast a month to finish.

i think 2 dubs 2 trips and 2 quads every 2 weeks would be managable to clans.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Wed May 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Sniper08 wrote:this is what a league system should look like. well done qwert from what i did understand of the OP :lol:

9 games per week seems a lot to me (18 total home and away) , many clans will have way too many games going at once as trips and quads would take atleast a month to finish.

i think 2 dubs 2 trips and 2 quads every 2 weeks would be managable to clans.

every rule its open for change, still dont have time to check and to send link to all clan leaders, to get more diferent oppinion.

what its OP?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby IcePack on Wed May 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Original post (your first post in the topic)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby freakns on Thu May 17, 2012 9:40 am

uckuki wrote::)

napravi anketu medu top 10 klanovima, opipaj bilo (atmosferu)?
slabiji klanovi i mi obicni smrtnici cemo se prijavit iovako i onako, mi smo
sritni da mozemo igrat. dok je elita probirljiva, nekad oce nekad nece. kad znas
koliko ce top 10 klanova ucestvovat lakse ce ti bit slozit stvar.

stani jebote, otkud ovaj sada nas? bilo i sritni... dalmatinac? pa prika, sto se ne javis jebemu :D
Brigadier freakns

Postby Master Kai on Thu May 17, 2012 10:14 am

Its been said before but:
- I like the format
- Its not the games started that is unmanageable, i think its the overlap of games that will occur because most games don't end in 1 week. I think the games will get to be too much for some players. Reducing the number of games / week played so that the overlap is more manageable. Also, I think many players will want to play other games out side of leagues as well without feeling overwhelmed with games. Not everyone can keep up a 40+ active game load, or in some of our cases 100+ game load. Haha!

- Game settings can change every 6 months to allow for a change in team play to mix things up.

- I'd be in favor of opening up all the maps. If the schedule was posted in advance, what maps were being played in the up coming league, then they can either practice or it can be a new map they get to learn how to play. This could open up some players who may feel they are locked into certain maps for whatever reason.

- I'm in favor of having set maps played consistently throughout all the games played with same settings for the reasons of comparative analysis. Again, a change every 6 months would allow for a nice change in strategies. Ie. ESC to Adjacent or something (doesn't have to be this change, but just an example). Simple change, but good teams will figure out how to play them. So so teams will get some experience and work on figuring it out, broadening their skills. Possibly add a new medal for some as well getting to play new settings they haven't tried before.

- Lastly, I'd like to see these league's (tournaments) consolidated. I know MNDuke and Icepack are making an attempt to do the same thing, by bringing more of a league format to the table.

neat idea.
.mk
Last edited by Master Kai on Thu May 17, 2012 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain Master Kai

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu May 17, 2012 10:15 am

I'm very much in favour of it and would support it. For a long time now I've wanted to see a clan league that operates in proper league format (and not part-league, part-knockout).

What does IcePack have to say about this though? He is creating his ICL along similar lines (no?) and I see he has already commented in this thread. What we don't want is too many - one decent league is all we want.

Some suggestions.....

- don't make it weekly, make it fortnightly (give more time for other events, otherwise it starts to become too much for some clans to keep up)
- don't do a 'game exchange' system where 2 clans swap home games. Instead just have one clan send its games to the other clan (a 'Home' week)
- later in the season those 2 clans meet again, this time the other clan sends its home games (copying the football format)

I've a lot more ideas/suggestions if they are welcome. I won't write them all down here, now. What I think the league needs to try and accomplish is to have an exciting and dynamic table that updates each fortnight (Played, Won, Lost, For, Against, Points) so we have different leaders throughout the season and a continued sense of excitement.

One more thing that I think needs consideration (and why I favour a league that runs over a long season) is the nature of the dice. There can't be many who disagree that the good & bad luck is very cyclical and it's quite common to have a run of terrible dice followed by a period of good ones. That's the problem with the current league system. Your clan can qualify for the next tier with an 80% win rate and then get mauled with a spate of bad luck in the next phase. It shouldn't be like that at all. A league should represent a healthy average of skill (and luck) over an entire season, not a group stage.

That's my two cents. Well done qwert - that's a lot of effort you have put into your proposal =D>
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby IcePack on Thu May 17, 2012 10:23 am

CoF - while I'm committed to the ICL 2012 and it's format I have no objections to a league if that's the overwhelming support of clan leaders go to. There are many clan leagues I agree.

qwert - no offense and I totally respect you and your efforts, if you were going to run with this idea I would strongly suggest either giving reigns to a native English speaker, or taking someone on as a partner to help. I know it's not ur native language and I am in no way mocking your English ability (I only know one language, I know how difficult it is to learn another - I've tried) but it is difficult to understand you sometimes.

The idea is great, it's very similar to my tournament "The Icey League" but in clan format.
I also agree the proposed game load would be to much.

IcePack

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Master Kai on Thu May 17, 2012 10:24 am

Good points Chariot of Fire. I certainly agree, especially that last paragraph.

Curious, what is the measurement of "a fortnight?"
Captain Master Kai

Postby IcePack on Thu May 17, 2012 11:06 am

Two weeks

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu May 17, 2012 11:16 am

haha, I wondered about using the word 'fortnight' as I don't believe it's understood globally. It's a very useful word. I think it's a diminutive of 'fourteen nights' (fort + night), i.e. two weeks.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby freakns on Thu May 17, 2012 2:06 pm

OK, let me state my mind about this...
first of all, i stand behind what ive said, we have way too many clan competitions... but this format, i actually like and support. classic league, no playoffs. with a bit different rules then qwert have...

- i agree with CoF about two weeks period and "home"/"away" games. in this case, id like to have 12 teams league, which would bring us to 22 rounds, 2 weeks each, 44 weeks overall. just about enough time for 2 weeks vacation during christmas and 6 free weeks for summer holidays. fits perfectly. this would probably lead to 3 division 2 leagues.... at the end of year, last six teams from division one would be demoted, and first two teams from every division two league would be promoted... and medal will be awarded only to a division one winner, reward for division two winners would be advancing to premier league
- if we go with this, then id suggest 12 games per week. 5 quads, 4 triples, 3 doubles. having 12 games every two weeks shouldnt be too much for anyone, if we have organized clan scene, so we know for what we are playing...
- if we go by home/away games, then id suggest that at beginning of every season, every clan will present their home maps, those maps will be played as their home maps for whole season. this way, everything would be set infornt, maps would be prepared as the ones home team likes and not the ones visitors are bad at... and that wouldnt kill off all the advantage of home field as at then end, well, theyd have advantage of playing that same map more times then visitors... just as it should be, slight but not decisive advantage.
- ofc if this comes alive, i think it should run instead of clan league... as i said, dont want too many clan competitions. and league format would keep all the clans busy, as you wouldnt go out once you lose a challenge. this kind of league plus CC should be more then enough... with that said, qwert should stand as no1 organizer, but he should have help from someone who is more... well, better spoken :D we all love qwertish, but sometimes its hardly understandable :D

those are just some points i think qwert might consider.
Brigadier freakns

Postby IcePack on Thu May 17, 2012 3:47 pm

That and I would wait until ICL / CL4 is completed to try getting sign ups or a good set up may fail.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives