Conquer Club

Tournament list - add "posts"

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Tournament list - add "posts"

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Fri May 18, 2012 5:01 am

Concise description:
  • Add the number of Posts to Open Tournament List

Specifics/Details:
  • add Posts to:
    Title
    Type
    Organizer

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • -instead of having to open up the thread, an organizer (or player) can check Post list to see if enough posts to even start tournament
    -host can quickly see # of posts and tell if any activity -- instead of having to open it up
Field Marshal Gen.LeeGettinhed

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)

Re: Tournament list - add "posts"

Postby Lindax on Fri May 18, 2012 8:51 am

:-s ....Just go to the Create/Join a Tournament forum: viewforum.php?f=90 :D

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby greenoaks on Fri May 18, 2012 9:31 am

Lindax wrote::-s ....Just go to the Create/Join a Tournament forum: viewforum.php?f=90 :D

Lx

or bookmark them
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 18, 2012 4:02 pm

I don't understand what you're wanting. You can already see how many posts a thread has before you enter the thread.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Fri May 18, 2012 6:02 pm

chapcrap wrote:I don't understand what you're wanting. You can already see how many posts a thread has before you enter the thread.

the Tournament tab doesn't contain post or page information like the 'Create a Tournament' sub-forum or the Bookmark list.

he is asking for something to be changed because he is not utilising the features currently available to us elsewhere.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 18, 2012 6:06 pm

greenoaks wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I don't understand what you're wanting. You can already see how many posts a thread has before you enter the thread.

the Tournament tab doesn't contain post or page information like the 'Create a Tournament' sub-forum or the Bookmark list.

he is asking for something to be changed because he is not utilising the features currently available to us elsewhere.

Oh. I don't support this at all. It will only make the tournament tab look cluttered.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Sat May 19, 2012 9:38 pm

Yeah, not a big fan. The page you want to change is (I believe) mostly utilized and designed for players seeking out tournaments. As chap said, this would clutter the page for those users to benefit the TOs. I love TOs, but considering what you want exists just a click or two away, I don't think this is necessary.
Colonel agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Sat May 19, 2012 10:00 pm

what would be good is if the page had a lttle star to indicate you've posted in the tournament thread. it would make it easier for players to know if they have entered a tournament.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby IcePack on Sat May 19, 2012 10:07 pm

greenoaks wrote:what would be good is if the page had a lttle star to indicate you've posted in the tournament thread. it would make it easier for players to know if they have entered a tournament.

doesn't this already exist?

and....+1 to the overall proposed idea

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Night Strike on Sun May 20, 2012 9:30 pm

IcePack wrote:
greenoaks wrote:what would be good is if the page had a lttle star to indicate you've posted in the tournament thread. it would make it easier for players to know if they have entered a tournament.

It exists on the forum page, but I think greenoaks is referring to the tournament tab page. And the tournament page would be impossible to add some sort of notation unless it was done manually, which won't be happening from a TD standpoint.
Major Night Strike

Postby greenoaks on Mon May 21, 2012 1:52 am

Night Strike wrote:
IcePack wrote:

It exists on the forum page, but I think greenoaks is referring to the tournament tab page. And the tournament page would be impossible to add some sort of notation unless it was done manually, which won't be happening from a TD standpoint.

i was referring to the tournament tab page.

i was thinking it would save players such as jricart :-$ time as they wouldn't signup for each tournament of mine 4 times :lol:
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby blakebowling on Mon May 21, 2012 8:07 am

Night Strike wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Actually, it's doable quite easy with an SQL query on the page.

I still agree that doing it manually would be ridiculous
Private blakebowling

Postby greenoaks on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:01 am

how long does this need to sit here before 'adding posts the tournament tab' is moved to rejected ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:06 am

Now that is something that needs implementing, I am tired of having to search through my signed up player lists when I think I have a full tourny just to find out someone has signed up multiple times, and now I am not actually full!!!
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:15 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:

Now that is something that needs implementing, I am tired of having to search through my signed up player lists when I think I have a full tourny just to find out someone has signed up multiple times, and now I am not actually full!!!

First of all, greenoaks was being a little sarcastic. Threads already have a little star if you post in them.

Second, I think you're confused about what he was saying. What I do for your problem is put my players in alphabetical order. It makes it easier.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Suggestions