Conquer Club

Football (real)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Football (real)

Postby nietzsche on Mon May 21, 2012 3:31 pm

I read somewhere that Fernando Torres wants to get out of Chelsea, that he can't believe he didn't get to start in the CL final.

I bet he will get better if he gets to play 90mins every week, but I find that kind of players annoying. He should be happy that the spotlight is not on him for having had a miserable season with Chelsea, they recovered in great manner. He's got another change to proof what they paid 74millions for him.

If he wants to leave then leave, but keep your mouth shut for a bit while the fans celebrate.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Royal Panda on Mon May 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Lord+Master wrote:
nagerous wrote:Swansea are the shit and won't go down unless they lose 2 or 3 of Sigurdsson, Sinclair, Vorm and Graham over the summer. Norwich will fall or Villa.

Oh I'd forgotten Villa, fair enough West Ham, Reading and Villa...

I think West Ham will invest heavily and stay up pretty comfortably. Villa will do just enough again.

Wigan, Reading and Norwich for me.
Brigadier Royal Panda

Postby betiko on Mon May 21, 2012 6:45 pm

nagerous wrote:

that's a little wink to montpellier who surprisingly won the league here in france (remi gaillard is from montpellier and all his shootouts are done there).
crazy, you would ve asked them at the start of the season waht was their objective they would ve said mid table/struggle for europa league. and paris with the millions thrown out on the table managed to not win the title! they were first before ancelotti arrived. curious to see who will come now. they are talking about kaka and lavezzi.
Major betiko

Postby maxfaraday on Mon May 21, 2012 7:18 pm

betiko wrote:
nagerous wrote:

that's a little wink to montpellier who surprisingly won the league here in france (remi gaillard is from montpellier and all his shootouts are done there).
crazy, you would ve asked them at the start of the season waht was their objective they would ve said mid table/struggle for europa league. and paris with the millions thrown out on the table managed to not win the title! they were first before ancelotti arrived. curious to see who will come now. they are talking about kaka and lavezzi.

I heard Higuain...

On a sidenote, Hazard seems to be on the boat to England.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby Sniper08 on Mon May 21, 2012 7:39 pm

maxfaraday wrote:On a sidenote, Hazard seems to be on the boat to England.

not to united fergie never spends big on young talent.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby maxfaraday on Mon May 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Sniper08 wrote:

How old was Rooney when he bought him?
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby Sniper08 on Mon May 21, 2012 7:46 pm

maxfaraday wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:

english players are the exception, we bought rooney 7 years ago a long time between buying big young talent, de gea doesnt count since he is a GK and was pretty much an investment for the future squad.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby betiko on Mon May 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Sniper08 wrote:
maxfaraday wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:

english players are the exception, we bought rooney 7 years ago a long time between buying big young talent, de gea doesnt count since he is a GK and was pretty much an investment for the future squad.

obertan!! :lol: :lol:
Major betiko

Postby Nola_Lifer on Mon May 21, 2012 10:44 pm

betiko wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:
maxfaraday wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:

Obertan was bought for 3 mill and sold for the same amount.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby chang50 on Tue May 22, 2012 12:38 am

betiko wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:
maxfaraday wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:

Can't believe nobody has said Cristiano Ronaldo,big fee,12.24 million pounds for a young talent,18 years old,signed by Fergie.
Captain chang50

Postby nietzsche on Tue May 22, 2012 2:18 am

Chicharito was quite cheap.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby JoshyBoy on Tue May 22, 2012 3:47 am

pmchugh wrote:Man joshy you really do hate tottenham, it's disgusting.

Hmm...

You're right. :)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby comic boy on Tue May 22, 2012 8:02 am

I have just about sobered up enough from Saturday to comment;
Anybody who seriously thinks that Southampton will next year finish above the Irons , I will take your bets now :D
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby Sniper08 on Tue May 22, 2012 8:51 am

chang50 wrote:
Can't believe nobody has said Cristiano Ronaldo,big fee,12.24 million pounds for a young talent,18 years old,signed by Fergie.

12 mil aint big , big is 25+ million for a player , fergies one great business move was ronaldo, 65 mil profit on him that the club used to pay its debts yet hurting the team as no good consistant striker was brought in leaving it all up to rooney to bail us out season after season. sure berbatov and chicarito have helped out but not nearly on a consistant basis as rooney does.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby JoshyBoy on Tue May 22, 2012 10:53 am

Sniper08 wrote:12 mil aint big , big is 25+ million for a player , fergies one great business move was ronaldo, 65 mil profit on him that the club used to pay its debts yet hurting the team as no good consistant striker was brought in leaving it all up to rooney to bail us out season after season. sure berbatov and chicarito have helped out but not nearly on a consistant basis as rooney does.

When Sir Alex signed Ronaldo in 2003 (if my memory serves me correctly), 12 million for an 18 year old hot prospect was considered a serious, if not large, amount of money. It's only now, NINE YEARS LATER, after the likes of Chelsea then City started pumping hundreds of millions of pounds into signing players, that you like to think of 12 million as a small investment.

Yes, you are correct, any big or decent player costs upwards of 20 million these days and you're going to have to shell out over 30-40 million to even think about being able to secure the services of one of football's top 20 to 30 players.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby nagerous on Tue May 22, 2012 11:00 am

What about this massive f*ck up of a buy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9b%C3%A9
Captain nagerous

Postby betiko on Tue May 22, 2012 11:13 am

comic boy wrote:I have just about sobered up enough from Saturday to comment;
Anybody who seriously thinks that Southampton will next year finish above the Irons , I will take your bets now :D

who are the irons? (sorry but it's an actual question, i really never heard of that nickname..)

by the way, is there only brits in here? tired of so much PL conversation. You guys don't like to discuss a bit of calcio, a bit of liga, a bit of budesliga, a bit of ligue1?

mostly.. the freakin EUROCUP!!!!! season's over!!! let's focus on an event that comes every 4 years for christ sake!! the toughest football competition in the world! (hum actually can we say that knowing that even greeks can win it?)
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue May 22, 2012 11:21 am

Nola_Lifer wrote:
Obertan was bought for 3 mill and sold for the same amount.

i was kidding; obviously not talking about money value but value on the field. the guy was lended to lorient by bordeaux because he wasn't good enough, and he wasn't good enough for lorient. then sir alex came along, kind of surprised everyone!
A bit like when liverpool bought N'gog to the PSG that was really nothing special... and liverpool was big at the time, and PSG really shit.
Major betiko

Postby comic boy on Tue May 22, 2012 11:58 am

betiko wrote:

who are the irons? (sorry but it's an actual question, i really never heard of that nickname..)

by the way, is there only brits in here? tired of so much PL conversation. You guys don't like to discuss a bit of calcio, a bit of liga, a bit of budesliga, a bit of ligue1?

mostly.. the freakin EUROCUP!!!!! season's over!!! let's focus on an event that comes every 4 years for christ sake!! the toughest football competition in the world! (hum actually can we say that knowing that even greeks can win it?)

West Ham are known as the Hammers but most of their supporters use the nickname Irons ( From their original name which was Thames Ironworks ).
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby GreecePwns on Tue May 22, 2012 1:44 pm

betiko wrote:

No, we can not. Since 2004 our players and coaches only go for the parties and women. You can't tell? We only play 5-4-1 in these competitions because our players are still too hungover to actually bother themselves with that running and dribbling nonsense :lol:
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby chang50 on Tue May 22, 2012 11:23 pm

Sniper08 wrote:
chang50 wrote:

12 mil aint big , big is 25+ million for a player , fergies one great business move was ronaldo, 65 mil profit on him that the club used to pay its debts yet hurting the team as no good consistant striker was brought in leaving it all up to rooney to bail us out season after season. sure berbatov and chicarito have helped out but not nearly on a consistant basis as rooney does.

Was a fantastic piece of business I agree,how about selling Andy Carroll for 35m.,and replacing him with Demba Ba on a free?
Captain chang50

Postby Sniper08 on Wed May 23, 2012 9:44 am

JoshyBoy wrote:When Sir Alex signed Ronaldo in 2003 (if my memory serves me correctly), 12 million for an 18 year old hot prospect was considered a serious, if not large, amount of money. It's only now, NINE YEARS LATER, after the likes of Chelsea then City started pumping hundreds of millions of pounds into signing players, that you like to think of 12 million as a small investment.

well if you think that he spend 30 mil on rio 20 mil on carrick and 30 mil on berbatov what he spend on ronaldo is nothing for what he got out of him. he stands along with rooney as fergies best buy. i dont think 12 mil was all that much considering what money he spent on others.

nagerous wrote:What about this massive f*ck up of a buy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A9b%C3%A9

idk what to say fergie fucks up half the time with the players he buys, he is searching for his next decade long team and is trying to buy young players and i guess bebe was one of the good ones he saw ofc the demands of a club like united didnt suit him.

Drogba to China?

so now that drogba is leaving chelsea he looks set to go to china.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nagerous on Wed May 23, 2012 10:42 am

chang50 wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:
chang50 wrote:

Was a fantastic piece of business I agree,how about selling Andy Carroll for 35m.,and replacing him with Demba Ba on a free?

Pappis Cisse for 6 mil was another steal
Captain nagerous

Postby chang50 on Wed May 23, 2012 11:23 pm

nagerous wrote:
chang50 wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:
chang50 wrote:

Pappis Cisse for 6 mil was another steal

+1,Pardew has far exceeded all expectations.But now the bar is raised,gonna be interesting..
Captain chang50

Postby Mr Changsha on Sat May 26, 2012 4:50 am

Norway vs England tonight..Hodgson's first game in charge.

Am i alone in finding it strangely comforting that England are obviously and blatantly reverting to a version of unreconstructed hoofball? Years of watching them attempt to play like the spanish have horribly taken their toll on me. I look at tonight's game (with a big man up front, snappy tacklers in the middle, straight wingers and a flat back four) as a long overdue realisation that our strengths lie in different, less beautiful, but nonetheless effective fields. I take you back to euro 96/ world cup 98 and the last time england played with anything approaching comfort on an international field.

I have long learned that expecting anything of england is rather like asking a girl five light years out of your league for a date and expecting anything other than a slight, but noticeable revulsion on her part. Nonetheless, i see that we are being set up, finally, to play in a way which is actually comfortable for our players, and therefore have no little hope that we might actually at least play with some fluency...

England's performance in the last world cup was the worst i have seen them play since 93-94. At least Graham Taylor had the excuse that he was working with a monumentally awful group of players. Cappello's England were a nervy, washed-up disgrace. I expect Hodgson's England to play with organisation and a plan the players can understand. I expect fluency of play, fast counterattacks and a biting midfield. Strangely for some no doubt, I have a feeling Carroll is going to terrorise defences this summer. He looked unplayable against Chelsea in the FA cup final (back to his Newcastle form) and I think Hodgson is more than capable of devising a plan suitable to make use of his talents.

I've been getting pathetically excited by England for years...here is my team.

Hart

Jones Cahill Terry Cole

Walcott Parker Gerrard Downing

Rooney

Carrol
Colonel Mr Changsha

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,