Conquer Club

GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.6.16

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: GM Script: chatglove - a floating game chat - version 1.

Postby shoan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:33 am

my chatglove won't detach anymore. it used to. any ideas why?
-------------------------------------------
-[i][color=#000080]shoan[/color][/i]
Major shoan

Postby dwilhelmi on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:37 pm

shoan wrote:my chatglove won't detach anymore. it used to. any ideas why?

No idea, still works fine for me. Do you still see the detach link? What os / browser / version are you using?
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby shoan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:53 pm

there is no link to detach. using firefox 10.0.2 on Window 7
Major shoan

Postby dwilhelmi on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:59 pm

shoan wrote:there is no link to detach. using firefox 10.0.2 on Window 7

Are you using any other greasemonkey scripts? Are they working correctly? Can you check to make sure that Chatglove is still enabled in the greasemonkey script list? Do you see the chatglove menu in the left side bar?
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby shoan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:11 pm

BOB, Map Rank & Dice Stats seem to work. GM shows that all of the scripts are enabled.
Major shoan

Postby dwilhelmi on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:53 pm

shoan wrote:BOB, Map Rank & Dice Stats seem to work. GM shows that all of the scripts are enabled.

Do you see the chatglove menu in the left side bar?
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby shoan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:02 pm

yes, it is right above the BOB menu.
Major shoan

Postby dwilhelmi on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:01 pm

shoan wrote:yes, it is right above the BOB menu.

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that helps?
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby shoan on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:08 pm

that worked. I probably should have thought of that myself! :-)
Thanks!
Major shoan

Postby dwilhelmi on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:20 pm

shoan wrote:that worked. I probably should have thought of that myself! :-)
Thanks!

No problem, glad it is better.
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby QoH on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:18 am

Anyone know why this add-on (which I use all the time, and think it's brilliant) keeps telling me I have unread chats that I've already read?
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby dwilhelmi on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:09 am

QoH wrote:Anyone know why this add-on (which I use all the time, and think it's brilliant) keeps telling me I have unread chats that I've already read?

No, unfortunately. It is a recurring problem that does not reliably reproduce, so it is very difficult to track down the root cause of it. If you can find out specific steps to make it happen, I might be able to do something. Otherwise, we just assume that the artificial intelligence buried deep within the code feels like those lines of chat are particularly important, and we just obey our machine overlords and restudy said lines of chat however often it tells us to :)
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby QoH on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:07 pm

dwilhelmi wrote:
QoH wrote:Anyone know why this add-on (which I use all the time, and think it's brilliant) keeps telling me I have unread chats that I've already read?

No, unfortunately. It is a recurring problem that does not reliably reproduce, so it is very difficult to track down the root cause of it. If you can find out specific steps to make it happen, I might be able to do something. Otherwise, we just assume that the artificial intelligence buried deep within the code feels like those lines of chat are particularly important, and we just obey our machine overlords and restudy said lines of chat however often it tells us to :)

The one thing I do know about it is that it will usually only happen in one game. For example, I have a Waterloo game that hasn't had new chat in a day or so, but it keeps directing me to it every so often. Don't know that helps at all.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby chapcrap on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:49 pm

Allow me to highlight the issue:
QoH wrote:
dwilhelmi wrote:

The one thing I do know about it is that it will usually only happen in one game. For example, I have a Waterloo game that hasn't had new chat in a day or so, but it keeps directing me to it every so often. Don't know that helps at all.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Denise on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:12 pm

dwilhelmi wrote:

:lol: Funny. I think it happens when another player visits the game.
Colonel Denise

Postby chapcrap on Thu May 17, 2012 1:19 am

If I switch between http and https, the chat that has been read doesn't carry over. This happens with Watch Game as well. Is this something that can be changed?

I'm using Chrome currently.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:12 pm

I find that it "reanimates" certain games even when I'm just browsing around. I don't know what causes this. I'll be looking around the site (not opening new windows or opening/closing browser--just browsing in a linear fashion). All of a sudden it will say that I have new chat. I go back and see that I was the last person to post there and that was a while ago.
Colonel agentcom

Postby agentcom on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:01 pm

agentcom wrote:I find that it "reanimates" certain games even when I'm just browsing around. I don't know what causes this. I'll be looking around the site (not opening new windows or opening/closing browser--just browsing in a linear fashion). All of a sudden it will say that I have new chat. I go back and see that I was the last person to post there and that was a while ago.

Anyone? I'm finding this happening quite a bit. I'll run through all my chat and for some reason certain games tend to reappear in chatglove as having new chat. Sometimes right away, but I think it also happens a while after, too.

Edit: For example, it just happened right after I left this page in Game 10684567. Seems to happen a lot in that game.
Colonel agentcom

Postby jetsetwilly on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:33 am

agentcom wrote:
agentcom wrote:I find that it "reanimates" certain games even when I'm just browsing around. I don't know what causes this. I'll be looking around the site (not opening new windows or opening/closing browser--just browsing in a linear fashion). All of a sudden it will say that I have new chat. I go back and see that I was the last person to post there and that was a while ago.

Anyone? I'm finding this happening quite a bit. I'll run through all my chat and for some reason certain games tend to reappear in chatglove as having new chat. Sometimes right away, but I think it also happens a while after, too.

Edit: For example, it just happened right after I left this page in Game 10684567. Seems to happen a lot in that game.

I get this all the time and always have. Certain games will just spring back up over and over when there's nothing new to read.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby chapcrap on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:36 am

It happens to me on occasions. I think it has to do with saving the games looked at properly when shutting the browser... Not a major issue for me, but it does happen sometimes.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby dwilhelmi on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:10 am

Yeah, the complaint pops up every once in a while, I see it myself sometimes - but without a reliable way to reproduce it, I'm not gonna have much luck tracking it down.
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby EBConquer on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Me too. for awhile now it seems as if there are new chats only to find out that i've seen it already. i find that if you let the page completely load then it's less likely to happen versus clicking on chat, seeing that you saw the same chat previously, then quickly clicking chat again.

now for the bigger issue. thought i'd bring it up.

starting on Thursday, i've been have a MAJOR problem at home w/ OS X and firefox. everytime i load a page on CC, it takes about a minute or 2 to load a page. very problematic or course.

so i ran through the checklist. reboot cpu. turn off cpu, reboot modem/switcher, yada yada.

then started disabling all my greasemonky plugins. basically i narrowed it down to chatglove whereas if everything is enabled, i get the lag. w/ chatglove off... no lag whatsoever.

this just started happening on thursday so somethings up. anyone else have this?

E.B.

EDIT: the lag is not just a few seconds but minutes to where cc says "would you like to wait 10 seconds..." or something like that.
Colonel EBConquer

Chatglove

Postby nebsmith on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Operating System: Windows 7
Browser: Firefox 13.something
Scripts/third party programs used: Greasemonkey, BOB 5.2.3, WTG 1.4.3, Clan Rank, Chatglove 1.6.16

Concise description:
The Problem is with Chatglove and persistent "new chat"

When I "mark all chat as read" the game chat goes to zero. As soon as I click on "My Games" the chat I just marked as read reappears. The only way to clear it is enter each game showing "new chat" and then return to the games by Clicking "My Games", this clears it one game at a time.
The chat sniff interval is set to 5 minutes.
It is also showing snapshots taken by me and my chat as "new chat"
Sergeant nebsmith

Re: Chatglove

Postby Leehar on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:08 pm

show
Colonel Leehar

Postby nebsmith on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:55 am

When I "mark all chat as read" the game chat goes to zero. As soon as I click on "My Games" the chat I just marked as read reappears. The only way to clear it is enter each game showing "new chat" and then return to the games by Clicking "My Games", this clears it one game at a time.
The chat sniff interval is set to 5 minutes.
It is also showing snapshots taken by me and my chat as "new chat"
Sergeant nebsmith

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives