Conquer Club

Mafia Games

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mafia Games

Postby jak111 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Alright, I'm running a short test game through my head and was wondering if the no more than 1 mafia game also applies to a small test game as well?

Like it would be a 9 player game. Each day and night phase are one 24 hours each. (Game would be over WITHIN 16 days of real life regardless)

This is a special 'infected' game I'm thinking about and it may be interesting to see how well balanced it is. It's more of an experiment than an actual game and it would consist of a few special roles that no one really has seen before.

Would anyone be in if I made it? It'd require you to be active enough to be ready to post/make NA every day.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Re: Mafia Games

Postby jgordon1111 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:54 pm

I am all for new types of games and roles,give it a shot and I will play
Private jgordon1111

Postby jak111 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:56 pm

jgordon1111 wrote:I am all for new types of games and roles,give it a shot and I will play

Alright, if 4 more agree from here I'll make an official sign up thread and we'd only need 4 more people then ^^
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:10 pm

Damn, with my current work schedule, I would be unable to post for 8+ hours per day. I don't think I'd be able to be active enough to post enough times per day.
Captain safariguy5

Postby pancakemix on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Aye, wouldn't be much of a burden for me, I think.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby DiM on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:14 pm

i've been thinking of a mafia game but i can barely play so i clearly can't mod.
basically the game starts as normal with mafia, town and perhaps some 3rd party players.
but it gets interesting once people start dying. there's a 33% chance that a dead player becomes a zombie and a 66% chance that he becomes a ghost.

ghosts can talk to each other at night and can kill people. however each person has a certain resistance to ghosts. so it takes 1 ghost to kill a VT, 2 ghosts to kill a town power role and 3 to kill a mafia. then the dead person either becomes a ghost or a zombie.
ghosts win if no living person is left.

zombies also act during the night and they can kill anybody. the trick is that if they attack a person with a killing role (mafia, sk, vig, pgo) then they die (for good). however, when this happens there's a scene explicitly saying who was targeted and this way people find out that person has killing capabilities so they can go for a lynch (if they also suspect he's scum) or the mafia can kill him at night if they know he's town. zombies also win if there's no living person left.

additional roles may be added for the town to deal with the undead (priest/exorcist).

obviously this game would fit best for at least 16 people.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:14 pm

jak111 wrote:
jgordon1111 wrote:I am all for new types of games and roles,give it a shot and I will play

Alright, if 4 more agree from here I'll make an official sign up thread and we'd only need 4 more people then ^^

i'm in.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby jak111 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:19 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Damn, with my current work schedule, I would be unable to post for 8+ hours per day. I don't think I'd be able to be active enough to post enough times per day.

It's just a test so don't really worry about activity. Just try to post at least once/twice a day or something :)
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:24 pm

jak111 wrote:Alright, I'm running a short test game through my head and was wondering if the no more than 1 mafia game also applies to a small test game as well?

Like it would be a 9 player game. Each day and night phase are one 24 hours each. (Game would be over WITHIN 16 days of real life regardless)

This is a special 'infected' game I'm thinking about and it may be interesting to see how well balanced it is. It's more of an experiment than an actual game and it would consist of a few special roles that no one really has seen before.

Would anyone be in if I made it? It'd require you to be active enough to be ready to post/make NA every day.

I can go for that.
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby jak111 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:26 pm

crazymilkshake5 wrote:
jak111 wrote:Alright, I'm running a short test game through my head and was wondering if the no more than 1 mafia game also applies to a small test game as well?

I can go for that.

Alright, I'll post a main thread out on the games page. Be ready for it in a few mins. It seems to have enough attention here that it'll quickly fill and be done within the next 1-3 weeks hopefully.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Return to Mafia Discussions