Conquer Club

Fucking Florida and Tuberculosis

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Fucking Florida and Tuberculosis

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:13 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:So again, if the US problem is only slightly worse than that of the UK, and you consider vaccination to be too risky for the US, I can only ask again, why?

I think our problem here is a difficulty you appear to be having deciphering written English. It could be that you recently had a stroke and are not aware of it.

To recap:

I did not say the US problem was "slightly worse than that of the UK" - I said the UK problem was nearly 400% worse than that of the U.S.

Feel free to re-read my posts if you need to - this isn't a race and there are no points for quantity. It's all about quality. Also, please answer my question: why doesn't the UK conduct mass malaria vaccinations?

Symm, please do a quick self-check, just in case, and don't be afraid to call 999: http://www.nhs.uk/actfast/pages/stroke.aspx.

Remember to put on clean underwear before hospital, though.

I STAND WITH THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:19 pm

saxitoxin wrote:In fact, the rate of TB infection in Mexico is - while slightly worse than the U.S. - roughly on-par with white developing nations like the UK and Poland

Symmetry wrote:So again, if the US problem is only slightly worse than that of the UK, and you consider vaccination to be too risky for the US, I can only ask again, why?

saxitoxin wrote:I think our problem here is a difficulty you appear to be having deciphering written English. It could be that you recently had a stroke and are not aware of it.

To recap:

I did not say the US problem was "slightly worse than that of the UK" - I said the UK problem was nearly 400% worse than that of the U.S.

saxitoxin wrote:In fact, the rate of TB infection in Mexico is - while slightly worse than the U.S. - roughly on-par with white developing nations like the UK and Poland

Feel free to re-read my posts if you need to - this isn't a race and there are no points for quantity. It's all about quality. Also, please answer my question: why doesn't the UK conduct mass malaria vaccinations?

That fair?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Symmetry wrote:

saxitoxin wrote:I think our problem here is a difficulty you appear to be having deciphering written English. It could be that you recently had a stroke and are not aware of it.

To recap:

That fair?

Seriously, all joking aside, I strongly encourage you to at least get checked-out. It only takes a few minutes.

In fact, the rate of TB infection in Mexico is - while slightly worse than the U.S. - roughly on-par with white developing nations like the UK and Poland

Here it is in smaller morsels if this helps comprehension during this difficult life-event you're experiencing:

- TB infection in Mexico is -
    - worse (meaning more) than US
    - on-par (meaning roughly equal) to UK
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby kentington on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Ah Florida another place to avoid.
I have been avoiding Oregon for years, fearing something like this would happen to Mary while fording the river.
Sergeant kentington

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Didn't they change the emergancy number to 0118 999 881 999 119 725......3 there?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:51 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

To recap:

saxitoxin wrote:In fact, the rate of TB infection in Mexico is - slightly worse than the US - roughly on-par with white developing nations like the UK and Poland[/b]

That fair?

Seriously, all joking aside, I strongly encourage you to at least get checked-out. It only takes a few minutes.

In fact, the rate of TB infection in Mexico is - while slightly worse than the U.S. - roughly on-par with white developing nations like the UK and Poland

Here it is in smaller morsels if this helps comprehension during this difficult life-event you're experiencing:

That fair? I made some of your points slightly bigger.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Symmetry wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

To recap:

saxitoxin wrote:In fact, the rate of TB infection in Mexico is - slightly worse than the US - roughly on-par with white developing nations like the UK and Poland[/b]

That fair?

That fair? I made some of your points slightly bigger.

If big print, pictures or scratch and sniff help you, go for it.
Corporal saxitoxin

Re:

Postby kentington on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:17 pm

2dimes wrote:Didn't they change the emergancy number to 0118 999 881 999 119 725......3 there?

If your phone doesn't work. Turn it off and turn it on again.
Sergeant kentington

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:25 am

Symmetry wrote:

Tuberculosis is a lung disease more associated with the 18th century than the 21st, referred to as ā€œconsumptionā€ in Dickensian times because its victims would grow gaunt and wan as their lungs disintigrated and they slowly died. The CDC investigator described a similar fate for 10 of the 13 people who died in Jacksonville.

FFS, this can be vaccinated against.

The vaccination used here in the United States is not a particularly effective one. In addition, once someone is infected, it is a 6-month (for the non-resistant strains) process during which, if dosages are missed, resistance is increased. It is absolutely not a simple thing.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:28 am

Phatscotty wrote:A lot of this is coming from Mexico, and don't forget there were a few outbreaks during Occupy Wall Street. Anyone remember "Zuccotti Lung"? LMFAO That happened in New York about a year ago. All the Southern border states have issues with Tuberculosis.

It's actually a pretty serious problem among military troops returning from overseas (not in combat areas, but rather places like Germany and the like).

kentington wrote:I did not read the article yet, but I'm gonna guess this is not blamed on illegal immigration or homelessness, and it is blamed on some kind of cut in government. Lemme see

Only the primary hospital capable of readily taking care of tuberculosis...nothing major.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:30 am

Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Seems like vaccination is the way forward.

yes, in the developing world and in countries with high rates of infection

What worries you about vaccinating against TB? You've never struck me as one of the anti-vaccination crowd before. If it's a problem in the US as big as the countries you identify as being in the developing world, correctly or incorrectly, and you support vaccination in those countries, I'm at a bit of a loss to understand your issue.

Medical consensus is that routine vaccination should not occur in the absence of risk. The rate of TB infection in the UK is nearly 400% that of the U.S. and the Netherlands.

- There is a reason to vaccinate in the UK. There is not a reason to vaccinate in the U.S. and the Netherlands; ergo, they don't.

- There is a reason for Guatemalans to receive the malaria vaccine. There is not a reason for Welshmen to receive the malaria vaccine; ergo, they don't.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or are seeking further learning opportunities!

Don't forget now, this thread is not really so much about TB, as it is about the state of Florida, the governor of Florida, and the funds the Governor cut in Florida. Gotta keep an eye on Woody.

No it isn't, you sniveling coward. Not only does the article NOT talk about the Governor of Florida at all, it doesn't talk about the cuts being the responsibility of the Governor of Florida. And I certainly didn't lay any blame on the Governor of Florida. Perhaps it would do you some good to review the original post.

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:32 am

kentington wrote:Ah Florida another place to avoid.
I have been avoiding Oregon for years, fearing something like this would happen to Mary while fording the river.

Oregon? I wasn't aware of any problems there (tuberculosis or otherwise)...what gives?

Postby kentington on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:36 am

Woodruff wrote:

Oregon? I wasn't aware of any problems there (tuberculosis or otherwise)...what gives?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oregon ... eo_game%29

I remembered wrong. It was Typhoid Fever I am afraid. Wrong topic.
Sergeant kentington

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:46 am

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Seems like vaccination is the way forward.

yes, in the developing world and in countries with high rates of infection

What worries you about vaccinating against TB? You've never struck me as one of the anti-vaccination crowd before. If it's a problem in the US as big as the countries you identify as being in the developing world, correctly or incorrectly, and you support vaccination in those countries, I'm at a bit of a loss to understand your issue.

Medical consensus is that routine vaccination should not occur in the absence of risk. The rate of TB infection in the UK is nearly 400% that of the U.S. and the Netherlands.

- There is a reason to vaccinate in the UK. There is not a reason to vaccinate in the U.S. and the Netherlands; ergo, they don't.

- There is a reason for Guatemalans to receive the malaria vaccine. There is not a reason for Welshmen to receive the malaria vaccine; ergo, they don't.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or are seeking further learning opportunities!

Don't forget now, this thread is not really so much about TB, as it is about the state of Florida, the governor of Florida, and the funds the Governor cut in Florida. Gotta keep an eye on Woody.

No it isn't, you sniveling coward. Not only does the article NOT talk about the Governor of Florida at all, it doesn't talk about the cuts being the responsibility of the Governor of Florida. And I certainly didn't lay any blame on the Governor of Florida. Perhaps it would do you some good to review the original post.

You might want to double check your own article genius :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not surprised that you are busted for not reading your own topic matter. It truly is kryptonite to you. I guess all the derailing you do has become a severely bad habit for you.

And Woodruff, if anyone, ANYONE, lays claim to the word sniveling, it's all you man. Hands down! It's the perfect adjective to describe you.

Actually, your article does talk about the governor of Florida, and it even talks about the cuts being the responsibility of the Governor of Florida (in the same f'n sentence no doubt!). Here is an excerpt right from the first god damn paragraph!
That report had been penned on April 5, exactly nine days after Florida Gov. Rick Scott signed the bill that shrank the Department of Health and required the closure of the A.G. Holley State Hospital in Lantana, where tough tuberculosis cases have been treated for more than 60 years.

oh, what do you know, the article is talking about the governor of Florida again!
The governorā€™s office asked a reporter to foward a copy of the CDC letter on Saturday, but did not comment by press time.

I'm gonna have to pull your snivel card, and upgrade you to the fuking twilight zone man!
Major Phatscotty

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:53 am

So, since the US has more cases of TB than the UK, then the US should start the vaccines. And the UK should start vaccinations for Malaria. I'm Mexican so I have TB.

PS should be hit in the head with a shovel to see if he can think something other than politics, and kennington and Symmetry should be checked out to see if they were hit in the head with Woodruf's shovel.

Oh and AoG shuld shove up a rusty nail up his
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:53 am

kentington wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oregon ... eo_game%29

I remembered wrong. It was Typhoid Fever I am afraid. Wrong topic.

Ah! I completely missed the reference! (I loved that game.)

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:56 am

nietzsche wrote:So, since the US has more cases of TB than the UK, then the US should start the vaccines. And the UK should start vaccinations for Malaria. I'm Mexican so I have TB.

PS should be hit in the head with a shovel to see if he can think something other than politics, and kennington and Symmetry should be checked out to see if they were hit in the head with Woodruf's shovel.

Neitz, you talk more about me talking about politics than I talk about politics. And stop complaining about politics being involved in political threads. You might think me talking about politics in political threads ruins political threads, but really its you.
Major Phatscotty

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:57 am

Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:So, since the US has more cases of TB than the UK, then the US should start the vaccines. And the UK should start vaccinations for Malaria. I'm Mexican so I have TB.

Neitz, you talk more about me talking about politics than I talk about politics. And stop complaining about politics being involved in political threads. You might think me talking about politics in political threads ruins political threads, but really its you.

have you got sand in your vagina?
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:58 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Don't forget now, this thread is not really so much about TB, as it is about the state of Florida, the governor of Florida, and the funds the Governor cut in Florida. Gotta keep an eye on Woody.

You might want to double check your own article genius :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fair enough, it was in the article. I certainly didn't remember it being there, which shows the importance to which I assigned it in relation to the actual health problem it was talking about. You see, unlike you Phatscotty, I am able to recognize when I've made a mistake, and even admit it. I don't hide from it. Oh, and you still haven't shown where I did anything to encourage the idea that I was blaming Rick Scott. I specifically talked about the health problem, not about one of the causes of it.

Phatscotty wrote:I'm not surprised that you are busted for not reading your own topic matter. It truly is kryptonite to you.

What is kryptonite to me? That I forgot something within the article? I know it's anathema to you, Phatscotty, but it's really not a big deal to admit to a mistake. It doesn't make me "less of a man" to do it. You should try it sometime.

Postby tkr4lf on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:01 am

lol
Major tkr4lf

Postby Symmetry on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:58 pm

nietzsche wrote:kennington and Symmetry should be checked out to see if they were hit in the head with Woodruf's shovel.

I'm not sure that this is a good response to my suggestion that people get vaccinated against TB to prevent people dying of TB. What did you want to say?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Phatscotty wrote:A lot of this is coming from Mexico, and don't forget there were a few outbreaks during Occupy Wall Street. Anyone remember "Zuccotti Lung"? LMFAO That happened in New York about a year ago. All the Southern border states have issues with Tuberculosis.

I did not read the article yet, but I'm gonna guess this is not blamed on illegal immigration or homelessness, and it is blamed on some kind of cut in government. Lemme see

Leave it to Phattscotty to bring up a point I was going to make with sarcasm.

Thought we had learned the lesson already that diseases don't stay with just poor immigrants.. AND, to the extent it originates there, it is precisely because of lack of healthcare and proper housing/cleanliness.

So, we get back to why it is beneficial to society to provide housing, food and medical care for all individuals in the country.

BUT.. the resistant strains are part of why we should not be putting antibiotics into livestock routinely, or use antibotic soaps.. or generally overuse and misuse antibiotics in general.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Symmetry wrote:
nietzsche wrote:kennington and Symmetry should be checked out to see if they were hit in the head with Woodruf's shovel.

I'm not sure that this is a good response to my suggestion that people get vaccinated against TB to prevent people dying of TB. What did you want to say?

You made a ridiculous suggestion and nietzsche responded with a ridiculous reply. This seems reasonable.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:11 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

You made a ridiculous suggestion and nietzsche responded with a ridiculous reply. This seems reasonable.

What's ridiculous about suggesting that TB vaccinations prevent TB epidemics?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Symmetry wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

What's ridiculous about suggesting that TB vaccinations prevent TB epidemics?

Should England have mass malaria vaccinations to prevent malaria from spreading in Milton-Keynes? I keep asking and you keep going mute. (Could be the after-effects of the stroke, I guess.)
Corporal saxitoxin

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,