Conquer Club

Battle Royale & Teammate Medal

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Battle Royale & Teammate Medal

Postby Robert E Nick on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:17 am

Catarah wrote:yay, nice to have a teammate medal!

also, just another suggestion:
sort the "join a game" page from new to old, instead of old to new.
right now, the page you see first has only "farming style" quads on difficult maps, while the last page has way more standard and nice games. turn that around so new recruits see the nice games first
!

Totally agree!!
Last edited by Robert E Nick on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal 1st Class Robert E Nick

Postby blakebowling on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:41 am

SimplyObsessed wrote:Are there going to be any other maps than Colosseum used for BRs?

My personal opinion: Yes, Eventually.
Private blakebowling

Postby Sniper08 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:47 am

ahunda wrote:
lackattack wrote:Join A Game

We've also overhauled the Join A Game page (specifically the Public Games tab) to group together games with the same game options. Often players will create a whole bunch of identical games, which take up much of the first few pages. This is a particular problem for New Recruits, because those games are slower to fill up and are usually on difficult settings. By grouping them together and including a link to load all the matching games, we discourage the "farming" of inexperienced players, make browsing for a new game more pleasant, while still giving players the option of joining all the identical games if they want to. Thanks to JeopardyTempest for suggesting this improvement.

This is a step in the right direction, but looking at the new "Join A Game" page it obviously isnĀ“t going far enough. You still have to go to page 3 to actually find the first Standard game on a standard map. So in regards to "farming of inexperienced players" and easy "browsing for new games" this wonĀ“t change a whole lot.

To really effectively address the mentioned issues, a more radical approach is needed, as discussed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=174222

ahunda wrote:a) Make 2 "Join a Game" pages. One for "Beginners" (only showing Sequential Standard games on standard maps), one including everything. Or simply hide all the special games by default, with an expand button "Show advanced/expert games", or something.

b) Hide all the special settings on the "Start a Game" & "Find a Game" pages too, yet again with an expand button "Show advanced/expert settings".

c) Create map categories. Separate the old school Risk style maps from the rest. Only include the standard Risk maps in "Beginners" Join/Find/Start a Game pages. With an expand button to unlock the rest.

yes this is what should be done to join a game
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:55 am

AWESOME!!!
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby lackattack on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:14 pm

phantomzero wrote:Like the updates. Its not an end of the world problem. But I joined a battle royal game and dropped it and now i have to wait 30 days to join again without ever playing a game.

saraith wrote:
Conchobar wrote:Hey guys,
I joined a freestyle battle royale game by mistake & dropped it in order to join a sequential one but now it won't let me join for 30 days. Please is there anything you can do so i can join the sequential game?

same :(

I reset all three of you, and fixed it so that it doesn't count if you drop the battle royale.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby b00060 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Will your previous team games count towards the teammate medal?
Major b00060

Postby blakebowling on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:39 pm

b00060 wrote:Will your previous team games count towards the teammate medal?

They do (you can already see this if you go to the medal stats page). You won't receive the medal until you win a game though.
Private blakebowling

Postby demy7 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:44 pm

lackattack wrote:
phantomzero wrote:Like the updates. Its not an end of the world problem. But I joined a battle royal game and dropped it and now i have to wait 30 days to join again without ever playing a game.

saraith wrote:
I joined a freestyle battle royale game by mistake & dropped it in order to join a sequential one but now it won't let me join for 30 days. Please is there anything you can do so i can join the sequential game?

I reset all three of you, and fixed it so that it doesn't count if you drop the battle royale.

same mistake here, reset me either if possible please!

nice update btw ;)
Colonel demy7

Postby NoSurvivors on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:46 pm

All 3 are GREAT ideas! :D Thanks to lack and everyone! Now, premium is worth buying. I was questioning buying back but NOW my passion for BR's will XD excellent call!
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Conchobar on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:51 pm

lackattack wrote:

saraith wrote:

Thank you very very much. :D
Colonel Conchobar

Postby lackattack on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:12 pm

demy7 wrote:same mistake here, reset me either if possible please!

Done!
Sergeant lackattack

Postby nicestash on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:35 pm

I accidentally left a Battle Royale game and now it won't let me join another for 30 days. I didn't think a dropped game would count against me...
Major nicestash

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:01 pm

I'm way hotter now. When I get the whack-o-mod award, the feez be crawlin!
Major Phatscotty

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:11 pm

can we get BRs on a map other than Colosseum? I'd much rather play on World 2.1 than it.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby blakebowling on Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Army of GOD wrote:can we get BRs on a map other than Colosseum? I'd much rather play on World 2.1 than it.

:-^
Private blakebowling

Postby Ickyketseddie on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Just wanted to say nice updates! Thanks! :D
Captain Ickyketseddie

Postby Riskmaster101 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Reset me too! :( I joined and dropped a battle royale :(
Sitters: most active TOFU members.

Active Hours: 7am -> 9pm CST (GMT -6).
Major Riskmaster101

Postby Qwert on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:15 pm

Night Strike wrote:
qwert wrote:I dont like how you promoted only Colloseum Map to be exclusive for battle royale.
And like i repeat several times,its will be nice to have in Personal Menu>Control Panel> Button to remove Conquer Cup menu.

Ofcourse if you stay with Promotion of Colloseum map,then i would use button to remove battle royale from Game menu too .

Yes qwert, we know you don't like these updates, but it doesn't mean you have to complain about all of them just because you don't use them.

Colloseum was designed specifically for Battle Royales, which is why it's the only one available at this time. My guess is that converting normal maps to BRs will only happen for special events and not for everyday accessibility.

I dont say that i hate this update, only that its will be better to have some other maps for battle royal(you have nice number of maps with over 100 territories).
What will be next, to remove all post who are not positive ? All other people also want to play on different map.
I give positive suggestion for much better improvement of this ,and you call this complaining??
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Pirlo on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Nice work!
Captain Pirlo

Postby lackattack on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:21 pm

nicestash wrote:I accidentally left a Battle Royale game and now it won't let me join another for 30 days. I didn't think a dropped game would count against me...

Riskmaster101 wrote:Reset me too! :( I joined and dropped a battle royale :(

I reset you both :)
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Pirlo on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:35 pm

lackattack wrote:
nicestash wrote:I accidentally left a Battle Royale game and now it won't let me join another for 30 days. I didn't think a dropped game would count against me...

Riskmaster101 wrote:Reset me too! :( I joined and dropped a battle royale :(

I reset you both :)

so did I after figuring out it was no spoils and would take ages... not sure if you already done that, but I strongly recommend a round limit in every single BR game. very great job!
Captain Pirlo

Postby Vixit on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:39 pm

lackattack wrote:

saraith wrote:

I'd like a reset too, dropped by BR by mistake.
Colonel Vixit

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:56 pm

I just got 3 medals. thank you very much
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby Gillipig on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:05 pm

It is always nice with some updates. Although I can think of a lot of things that I would implement before new medals and making battle royale a more frequent event, it's still not a bad update. I haven't been in a BR before so I'm glad I get a chance now. I might miss some turns but......
The best about this update might be the anti farm attempt. I'm also very tired of seeing the exact same games right after each other.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby IR1SH ACE on Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:16 pm

nice update and I always like new medals... =D> =D> ...and the new Join A Game layout is a step in the right direction. I just hope that you will look at some of the other suggestions to improve on this and maybe even the scoreboard suggestions but nice to see a few new updates over the last few months.....keep it up...
Major IR1SH ACE

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives