Conquer Club

die software

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

die software

Postby wannaseemytreat on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:50 am

s there any better dice software than the one were using at the moment?
im nowhere near genius level and even i can predict the general outcome. for some of the brains that inhabit the corridors of CC it must be a walk in the park

wanna

wannaseemytreat

Medals: 9
Cook wannaseemytreat

Re: die software

Postby ender516 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:01 pm

The "intensity cube" values are generated from numbers provided by random.com, which uses real natural processes (something to do with atmospheric noise) to generate its random numbers. The Dice Stats feature in the menu on the left will show you that in the long run, the dice are fair. (Your overall dice rolls should stick quite close to 3.5.)
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby blakebowling on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:42 pm

ender516 wrote:The "intensity cube" values are generated from numbers provided by random.org, which uses real natural processes (something to do with atmospheric noise) to generate its random numbers. The Dice Stats feature in the menu on the left will show you that in the long run, the dice are fair. (Your overall dice rolls should stick quite close to 3.5.)

Fixed.
Private blakebowling

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:17 pm

ender516 wrote:The "intensity cube" values are generated from numbers provided by random.com, which uses real natural processes (something to do with atmospheric noise) to generate its random numbers. The Dice Stats feature in the menu on the left will show you that in the long run, the dice are fair. (Your overall dice rolls should stick quite close to 3.5.)

They might seem fair in the long run, but they still suck in indivdual games....i mean how can you lose 9 v 3...surely something is wrong. :twisted:
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby nicestash on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:42 pm

cairnswk wrote:
ender516 wrote:The "intensity cube" values are generated from numbers provided by random.com, which uses real natural processes (something to do with atmospheric noise) to generate its random numbers. The Dice Stats feature in the menu on the left will show you that in the long run, the dice are fair. (Your overall dice rolls should stick quite close to 3.5.)

They might seem fair in the long run, but they still suck in indivdual games....i mean how can you lose 9 v 3...surely something is wrong. :twisted:

You still have a 5% chance of losing and while that's still unlikely, I know I've experienced 9v3 scenarios much more often than 20 times.
http://gamesbyemail.com/Games/Gambit/BattleOdds
Major nicestash

Postby x-raider on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:50 am

Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

Return to Tool Archives