Conquer Club

[CC3] EMPIRE vs. Mythology (37-24 of 61) - Final 9/18

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC3] EMPIRE vs. Mythology (4-3 of 61)

Postby Finsfleet on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:18 pm

malevolous wrote:
QoH wrote:
Finsfleet wrote:
malevolous wrote:And honestly, luck plays into real war too. Alea Iacta Est!

Umm, no it doesn`t.

I haven`t been to military academy or something, just my opinion. :D

It most certainly does :lol:

I haven't been to military academy or something either. Just my opinion :D

Battle of Agincourt, for instance. The French should have wiped the British, they outnumbered them at least 6 to 1 (some estimates are as high as 20 to 1) but it started raining, a lot. Turned the field to mud, causing many french soldiers to slip as they charged the British lines. Their heavy armor then prevented them from rising, further tripping the men behind them. Men squirming in the mud are good targets for the English longbow, and the battle went to King Henry V. Just one instance of bad luck contributing to a real war turning. Whenever I lose a 24v4, I think of Agincourt....

Couldn`t french stop the attack the moment the rain started?
Major Finsfleet

Postby malevolous on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Finsfleet wrote:
malevolous wrote:
QoH wrote:
Finsfleet wrote:

Umm, no it doesn`t.

Battle of Agincourt, for instance. The French should have wiped the British, they outnumbered them at least 6 to 1 (some estimates are as high as 20 to 1) but it started raining, a lot. Turned the field to mud, causing many french soldiers to slip as they charged the British lines. Their heavy armor then prevented them from rising, further tripping the men behind them. Men squirming in the mud are good targets for the English longbow, and the battle went to King Henry V. Just one instance of bad luck contributing to a real war turning. Whenever I lose a 24v4, I think of Agincourt....

They wanted to kill the English, and holding off for the weather that close to the English Channel would mean waiting weeks while the English fortified their position, or, worse, withdrew to Harfleur, a fairly large town they'd taken earlier in the campaign. They took a risk( :roll: ) and it backfired.

Even discounting this instance, changes in the wind have shifted naval battles and fires during a battle, and every shot with a musket is pretty much a coin toss if it even hits what its pointing at. A bullet randomly penetrates the engine compartment of a tank, ricochet kills someone, etcetera etcetera. Maybe these things aren't "luck" exactly, but they are things a commander isn't able to control. The dice represent all of these things that are out of your hands.
Major malevolous

Re: [CC3] EMPIRE vs. Mythology (9-5 of 61)

Postby pconnolly365 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Gilgamesh is over. Chalk up a W
Lieutenant pconnolly365

Postby Finsfleet on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:05 pm

And how often do those happen? :D

OK, I guess sometimes luck counts, but nearly as much as in CC.

Again, in CC luck counts for much less than what most of the people believe. Sometimes I hear talks about CC changing their engine, favorizing attacking dice or defending dice more than before. BS.
Major Finsfleet

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:37 pm

Finsfleet wrote:And how often do those happen? :D

OK, I guess sometimes luck counts, but nearly as much as in CC.

Again, in CC luck counts for much less than what most of the people believe. Sometimes I hear talks about CC changing their engine, favorizing attacking dice or defending dice more than before. BS.

I find comments like this funny when the TOFU / OTP war is got many comments about like, like this one....

freakns wrote:id like to say im not a poor sport. im really not. seriously. i will admit without doubt that TOFU is better clan. by far. that is why i was hoping we are gonna get some sort of help from gods of random. every little thing would help. and to be honest, in most parts, we were lucky in rolls department. dice were on and off(in one moment, at the beginning of round 2, it become ridiculous how good rolls all TOFU was getting... but before that, and after that, id say we were lucky, at least overall... so id even say we got better rolls). HOWEVER! im not sure how many times, when we need that one last little push(random esc game from first round for example), we failed horrible. same now with stupid Space. we had great rolls to start with, but first, when we needed finishing touch, fail... when we need to stay alive on some places, fail... at the end, we still had a game, but we failed in killing our own... and not to mention, when i needed that all important 4th card, 4 vs 1, failed... now, props to TOFU for staying alive there, i tip my hat to them, so its nothing against their skill, its just me being pissed. anyhow, this is not the worst part. ffs, in how many games have TOFU started first? and to add to that, with bonus?! its like every fucking game they are starting first. not huge advantage, but if i can chose, id always start first! and im sure most of TOFU would.
really, ladies, this isnt attack you at any way. you are all great players(expect maybe Dako... and Fenrir... and CoF... and Seul... and, well, pretty much everyone else), im just ranting because i was hoping we would have all the luck in the world, and its fucking not there! :( and with all those failings in crucial attacks/defense, im feeling like i got look of Adonis, brain of Einstein, wit of Robin Williams, penis size of Ron Jeremy, and at the end, i cant get it up when it counts!
oh well, at least we got our first medal today. =D> to Andrija Zlatic, goooooooooooo Serbia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Finsfleet on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:12 pm

IcePack wrote:I find comments like this funny when the TOFU / OTP war is got many comments about like, like this one....

I feel stupid now. What is it that you`re trying to say?
Major Finsfleet

Re: [CC3] EMPIRE vs. Mythology (12-5 of 61)

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:03 pm

Luck. Answtesthhia is Wesome :)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby chapcrap on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:07 pm

IcePack wrote:Luck. Answtesthhia is Wesome :)

You'll have to ignore IcePack for a day or two. I don't want to go into his RL, but he shouldn't be typing right now. Here is a translation:

IcePack wrote:Luck. Anesthesia is awesome :)
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:23 pm

What just happened??
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby chapcrap on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:29 pm

lord voldemort wrote:What just happened??

IcePack is getting out of control. That's what.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Finsfleet on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:52 pm

He must be taking medical drugs. Lucky bastard.
Major Finsfleet

Postby jasholz on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:28 am

=D> =D>
Finsfleet wrote:He must be taking medical drugs. Lucky bastard.
=D> =D>
he needs to share
Lieutenant jasholz

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:45 am

Haha I'm back and (slightly) more sane :D
Sorry about that....lol

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:20 am

I remember the first time I had a beer
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Gen. Ramsarelli on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:20 pm

need the 13 colonies dubs and Austro-Hungarian trips invites sent out to Myth. :)
Major Gen. Ramsarelli

Postby Gen. Ramsarelli on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:27 pm

malevolous wrote:
QoH wrote:
Finsfleet wrote:

Umm, no it doesn`t.

Ya know Aaron, your extensive knowledge of frivilous trivia never ceases to amaze me. :) And I mean that in a good, complimentary way. Not to mention the fact it makes 'it twitch' when you flex your brain power like that! ;) lmao (the wife aint too happy about it either!)
Major Gen. Ramsarelli

Re: [CC3] EMPIRE vs. Mythology (14-7 of 61)

Postby malevolous on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Wow, I'm speechless. Flattered, but no idea where to go from there :?
Major malevolous

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Gen. Ramsarelli wrote:
malevolous wrote:
QoH wrote:
Finsfleet wrote:

Umm, no it doesn`t.

Ya know Aaron, your extensive knowledge of frivilous trivia never ceases to amaze me. :) And I mean that in a good, complimentary way. Not to mention the fact it makes 'it twitch' when you flex your brain power like that! ;) lmao (the wife aint too happy about it either!)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby QoH on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:00 am

Gen. Ramsarelli wrote:

Now you're just being creepy. Aaron was enlightening us with some quality knowledge about random, probably useless stuff, but then you go an ruin it and creep everyone out except chapcrap. He probably enjoyed it.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby jricart on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Nice, Empire is pulling a little advantage!

JRT
Lieutenant jricart

Postby peanutsdad on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:35 pm

jricart wrote:Nice, Empire is pulling a little advantage!

JRT

Yeah, it's definitely been a tough go of it for us. A couple of crucial missed turns, some good and bad dice for each side, but we're not giving up, we'll come back and win this yet =D> =D>
Lieutenant peanutsdad

Postby Gypsys Kiss on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:19 pm

malevolous wrote:
Finsfleet wrote:
malevolous wrote:
QoH wrote:
Finsfleet wrote:

Umm, no it doesn`t.

They wanted to kill the English, and holding off for the weather that close to the English Channel would mean waiting weeks while the English fortified their position, or, worse, withdrew to Harfleur, a fairly large town they'd taken earlier in the campaign. They took a risk( :roll: ) and it backfired.

The English army had marched over 250 miles in a little over 2 weeks across Northern France. They were tired, demoralised and, more importantly, suffering from dysentry. There was no way they could have retreated to Harfleur, or have been reinforced from there. The French could have attacked any time after Henry crossed the Somme, but chose to wait. The only English bolt hole available was Calais, which was where Henry was heading before the French cut it off, forcing Henry into battle. It wasnt bad luck, it was a series of bad decisions, not least of which was attacking across a ploughed field, with cavalry after recent rain and then sending heavily armoured men-at-arms into a quagmire. If they had stood firm Henry would have been forced to attack because of the deteriorating condition of his army and he would have lost.

It was arrogance and incompetence that cost the French so dearly on that day.

Now, where do you get your dice????
Sergeant Gypsys Kiss

Re: [CC3] EMPIRE vs. Mythology (17-7 of 61)

Postby Leehar on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:48 pm

France

'Dit'
show
Colonel Leehar

Re: [CC3] EMPIRE vs. Mythology (17-7 of 61)

Postby QoH on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Leehar wrote:France

'Dit'

Why do you think I'm in France? I mean, the exchange rates are awful! If the dice weren't so good, I'd still be in the US! :D
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Re: [CC3] EMPIRE vs. Mythology (17-10 of 61)

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Myth threw a couple wins in! score updated :)
17-10
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges