Conquer Club

Romney/Ryan VS. Obama/Biden

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Romney/Ryan VS. Obama/Biden

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Get your predictions in!

I am going with Tim Pawlenty. He's a clean dork, and he's from Minnesota.
Last edited by Phatscotty on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:16 am, edited 17 times in total.
Major Phatscotty

Re: Romney to Announce VP Tomorow Morning

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:02 am

B.L.Z.Bubb.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby Baron Von PWN on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:24 am

I bet it's batman. I would vote for batman. If romney is smart his running mate will be batman. If romeney fails to choose batman, you shouldn't vote for him as clearly batman would be the best choice.
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 am

Baron Von PWN wrote:I bet it's batman. I would vote for batman. If romney is smart his running mate will be batman. If romeney fails to choose batman, you shouldn't vote for him as clearly batman would be the best choice.

Romney IS batman! Haven't you seen the movie yet?
Major Phatscotty

Postby D Major on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:31 am

Pawlenty....;)
Private D Major

Postby Dibbun on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:32 am

Allen West.
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby Baron Von PWN on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:36 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:I bet it's batman. I would vote for batman. If romney is smart his running mate will be batman. If romeney fails to choose batman, you shouldn't vote for him as clearly batman would be the best choice.

Romney lacks martial prowess/. He's no batman.
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:46 am

The questions that are on everyone's mind at this hour ...

(1) How old?
(2) How white?

The GOP got burned pulling a wild card with Palin. They're gonna go back to basics, big time.

Here's my top 3 predictions -

COLONEL SANDERS

MACULY CULKIN IN A LOUNGE VEST

THE TEXAS TECH MASCOT
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:47 am

Baron Von PWN wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Romney lacks martial prowess/. He's no batman.

I'm sure he will "evolve" 3 years into his first term on that one, and then we can all dismiss it as ever being an issue in the first place.

:P
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:12 am

Unconfirmed reports from AP says the pick is Paul Ryan
Major Phatscotty

Postby Maugena on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:16 am

I'm sorry PS. Are you still ANYTHING BUT OBAMA'ing?
How many stages of denial are you going to experience throughout the political process leading up to the election and then after Obama has been re-elected?
Take my word for it. It's going to happen. ANYTHING BUT X does not work, has not worked and never will. It only produces lesser men up to the challenge than the seemingly failed original. Not saying Obama's really achieved anything - all I know about is that he ordered the hit on Osama bin Laden. That's it. Lol.
Renewed yet infused with apathy.
Let's just have a good time, all right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjQii_BboIk
New Recruit Maugena

Postby TDK on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:22 am

Who cares. Everyone knows Presidents are immortal these days. :roll:
Cadet TDK

Postby Night Strike on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:45 am

Romney and Ryan will win the election if they each focus on their own specific messages: Romney must focus on jobs, the economy, and prosperity; Ryan must focus on restoring fiscal sanity and responsibility to Washington. Do those things with comprehensive and understandable plans and America will support them. =D>
Major Night Strike

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:13 am

Wow! Looks like Mitt Romney is serious about fixing social security and medicare for the long term!
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:16 am

Phatscotty wrote:Unconfirmed reports from AP says the pick is Paul Ryan

That would be HIGHLY unfortunate, in my opinion. Tea Party absorbed fully, back to the status quo.

I think Pawlenty would be a good choice, as would Allen West.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby oVo on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:29 am

Night Strike wrote:Romney and Ryan will win the election if they each focus on their own specific messages: Romney must focus on jobs, the economy, and prosperity; Ryan must focus on restoring fiscal sanity and responsibility to Washington. Do those things with comprehensive and understandable plans and America will support them.

The announcement creates an understandable buzz...
Batman would have been a better choice.

Rmoney's focus is becoming the Prez. The message, continue fucking middle America
is still a hard sell. "Comprehensive and understandable" plans? His attempts to please
everyone while traveling abroad recently showed his lack of diplomatic skills. Can Ryan
make a difference there? His tenure in Washington has yet to produce a solution to the
financial dilemma beyond his plan to spend trillions of dollars as a cure.
Major oVo

Postby Night Strike on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:32 am

Woodruff wrote:

That would be HIGHLY unfortunate, in my opinion. Tea Party absorbed fully, back to the status quo.

So how would that be unfortunate? Paul Ryan is the only person in Congress in either chamber who has actually been working on fiscal issues and restoring sanity to our fiscal sanity.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:34 am

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

So how would that be unfortunate?

How WOULDN'T it be unfortunate that the Tea Party has proven to have become fully absorbed by the Republican Party?

Night Strike wrote:Paul Ryan is the only person in Congress in either chamber who has actually been working on fiscal issues and restoring sanity to our fiscal sanity.

Yeah, that Ron Paul guy sucks.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby oVo on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:38 am

Night Strike wrote:Paul Ryan is the only person in Congress in either chamber who has actually been working on fiscal issues and restoring sanity to our fiscal sanity.

Good to know someone is focused on solving American economic woes.
How much longer before Ryan's "work" produces any results?
Major oVo

Postby Woodruff on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:39 am

oVo wrote:

Well, he votes the Party line 93% of the time, so...probably never.

Postby Night Strike on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:48 am

oVo wrote:

Well, removing Obama from the presidency and Reid from the Senate Majority Leadership will go a long way in producing those results. Remember, the only thing Reid has on his agenda for this fall is following the Washington Nationals attempting to make the baseball postseason; he's not concerned with planning a voting agenda in the Senate.

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

How WOULDN'T it be unfortunate that the Tea Party has proven to have become fully absorbed by the Republican Party?

Because you just don't understand what the Tea Party has done and is doing. The Tea Party is remaking the Republican party, not being absorbed by them.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:00 am

Night Strike wrote:
oVo wrote:

Well, removing Obama from the presidency and Reid from the Senate Majority Leadership will go a long way in producing those results. Remember, the only thing Reid has on his agenda for this fall is following the Washington Nationals attempting to make the baseball postseason; he's not concerned with planning a voting agenda in the Senate.

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Because you just don't understand what the Tea Party has done and is doing. The Tea Party is remaking the Republican party, not being absorbed by them.

This nomination coupled with Romney defeating Ron Paul PROVES OTHERWISE.

Postby Night Strike on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:09 am

Woodruff wrote:This nomination coupled with Romney defeating Ron Paul PROVES OTHERWISE.

Then why did Ted Cruz just win a runoff election last week in Texas? Why have several other Tea Party people defeated establishment Republicans in elections all around the country?

Your standard is that the Tea Party must win every single election to be considered relevant and not co-opted. That's an impossible standard to achieve. When building a movement, you will win some elections and you will lose some elections. You choose to focus on one race while ignoring the many other races around the nation that are going on that involve Tea Party people. The Tea Party is much more than one election.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:11 am

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:This nomination coupled with Romney defeating Ron Paul PROVES OTHERWISE.

Then why did Ted Cruz just win a runoff election last week in Texas? Why have several other Tea Party people defeated establishment Republicans in elections all around the country?

Your standard is that the Tea Party must win every single election to be considered relevant and not co-opted. That's an impossible standard to achieve. When building a movement, you will win some elections and you will lose some elections. You choose to focus on one race while ignoring the many other races around the nation that are going on that involve Tea Party people. The Tea Party is much more than one election.

Actually, the Tea Party isn't any elections any longer, as the Tea Party no longer exists except as an adjunct of the Republican Party.

Postby Night Strike on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:43 am

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Actually, the Tea Party isn't any elections any longer, as the Tea Party no longer exists except as an adjunct of the Republican Party.

Then I guess you'll just have to keep your blind eyes closed and ignore what is happening in 2012. The Tea Party still exists, it's just getting out there voting, volunteering, and running for offices instead of protesting. It's working to actually cause real change instead of just protesting the status quo.
Major Night Strike

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,