Conquer Club

100th map contribution medal recepient imminent

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

100th map contribution medal recepient imminent

Postby x-raider on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:57 am

I noticed there are 99 people who have received a map contribution medal.

Yay for the foundry!

A list of all the "map contribution medal" recipients so far.
http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... s2&medal=1

I was halfway though posting this when my attention span went out the window :shock:
So I wrote the point, but lost the embellishment.
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

Re: 100th map contribution medal recepient imminent

Postby DiM on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:07 pm

huh, never knew so many people got a medal.
it would be interesting to know how many are actual map makers.
i mean some people got medals only for xml while others got medals for simply coming up with the idea without doing graphics or xml.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:34 pm

I am with Dim on this. Medals for doing xml is just about valid but getting one for an idea is really a medal for doing bugger all.

But if we have gone down that route in the past, can we have a map of all the classic cities with classic game play all done in the style of classic. Where's my 20 medals. :mrgreen:

Will go through the list now and break it down.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby DiM on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:50 pm

koontz1973 wrote:I am with Dim on this. Medals for doing xml is just about valid but getting one for an idea is really a medal for doing bugger all.

But if we have gone down that route in the past, can we have a map of all the classic cities with classic game play all done in the style of classic. Where's my 20 medals. :mrgreen:

Will go through the list now and break it down.

i didn't mean to sound like one is worth more than the other.
each part is important and in the end it's just a virtual medal that doesn't mean anything so i don't really care who and why receives it.
heck, there are some people that contributed a lot with their feedback and without their contribution many maps would have never existed and yet these people never got medals simply because they didn't make gfx or xml. i for one would give them medals too. a medal for feedback.

anyway, my point was that i merely wanted to know how many people actually made graphics for maps.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:08 pm

I know what you where meaning DiM, it just seems silly that one guys puts in, lets say 50 hours for the graphics, another puts in 1 hour for the xml (can be done, I think natty did London in 30 minutes) and someone else spends 2 minutes having a brain wave and posting it. All 3 are needed for the map to be made, but the one who dies the graphics puts in the most. It would be nice to see how that 99 breaks down.

But for some people to post in threads and keep a map alive, they also need something and I thought there was a GC medal handed out some time ago to people who posted the most/best over a period of time.

Maybe getting this back in some form might help the foundry. So when a map is quenched, the map maker can nominate one player who posted the most helpful / best advice / most times (what ever the map maker feels) for a GC medal.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby natty dread on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:11 pm

koontz1973 wrote: I think natty did London in 30 minutes

You're exaggerating.

It can't have taken more than 15.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby DiM on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:13 pm

rather than a GC medal i'd prefer an actual Feedback Medal. GC is too.... ummm ... general :lol:

i like the nomination thing you suggested.
to avoid hurt feelings i'll talk about a user who's no longer active and i'll say i would have nominated him for plenty of feedback medals. i'm talking about yeti_c.
Major DiM

Postby Nola_Lifer on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:19 pm

Seriously, it a medal. :roll:
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby greenoaks on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:00 am

i'm curious, what is the number for

graphics
xml
other
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:14 am

Just noticed that lostatlimbo got the 100th map medal for Portland on the 12th October.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Return to Foundry Discussions