Conquer Club

Sully's up to his old tricks again...

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Sully's up to his old tricks again...

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:16 am

Alrighty, so I came up with an idea for a new experimental mafia. Not sure what I'm going to call it officially, but for now I'm calling it "Two Truths and a Lie Mafia" (after the icebreaker game, "Two Truths and a Lie").

The concept of it is scenes and role PMs will include exactly one lie. As far as night actions go, I'm thinking about making it so one action is a "lie" per night (cops would receive opposite results, kills would protect, protections would kill, etc. and each person can only have one "lie" action), but if you guys think it's overkill, I might just shape the roles to fit the flavor of the concept.

Thoughts? It seems there are a fair amount of games going, so I might hold off a little bit before posting a game thread.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: Sully's up to his old tricks again...

Postby aage on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:05 am

Sounds like a bastard mod game, but since you announce the presence of the lie already, that shouldn't be a problem. I might play.

I'd have to ask, though: is it clear which three parts of a scene or PM include the two truths and a lie, or would players have to figure that out for themselves as well?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby / on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Sounds awesome, glad to see you again Victor.

I was thinking about doing some sort of anti-role game myself awhile back; I quickly lost my train of thought and ended up making Two-Sides Mafia.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:53 pm

aage wrote:Sounds like a bastard mod game, but since you announce the presence of the lie already, that shouldn't be a problem. I might play.

I'd have to ask, though: is it clear which three parts of a scene or PM include the two truths and a lie, or would players have to figure that out for themselves as well?

I'd try to make it as clear as possible which three statements are up for consideration. And I suppose I didn't specify, but yes, everyone would know about the 'meta', or whatever you want to call it, ahead of time.

/ wrote:Sounds awesome, glad to see you again Victor.

I was thinking about doing some sort of anti-role game myself awhile back; I quickly lost my train of thought and ended up making Two-Sides Mafia.

Thanks, /! I'm open to having a co-mod and balance-checker if you're up for it.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby VioIet on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:10 pm

That sounds like an awesome concept! I would totally play.

And a bit bummed that I missed out on Slash's Two Sides Mafia. That sounds like a really fun game as well.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby nietzsche on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:14 pm

I don't understand Mafia
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby / on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Thanks, /! I'm open to having a co-mod and balance-checker if you're up for it.

-Sully

Sure, I'd be glad to if you need one.

VioIet wrote:And a bit bummed that I missed out on Slash's Two Sides Mafia. That sounds like a really fun game as well.

Oh and Vio is back too! Sorry you missed it. I'm glad to see you here again as well.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby DiM on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:54 pm

nietzsche wrote:I don't understand Mafia

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=609&t=68065
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 pm

Welcome back you two.

I'm not sure if I'd play, but the idea sounds interesting. Could be a bit OP for mafia I think depending on what actions are faked.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:27 pm

/ wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:Thanks, /! I'm open to having a co-mod and balance-checker if you're up for it.

-Sully

Sure, I'd be glad to if you need one.

That'd be great! I'll PM you sometime later when I have a loose set-up.

VioIet wrote:And a bit bummed that I missed out on Slash's Two Sides Mafia. That sounds like a really fun game as well.

Thanks!

safariguy5 wrote:Welcome back you two.

I'm not sure if I'd play, but the idea sounds interesting. Could be a bit OP for mafia I think depending on what actions are faked.

True enough. I'm sure / and I will adjust accordingly.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Return to Mafia Discussions