Conquer Club

Whac-A-Mod V: Returning For More

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Whac-A-Mod V: Returning For More

Postby jgordon1111 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:33 pm

that is where I went wrong,see you next year.
Private jgordon1111

Postby chapcrap on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:Actually, the current (unofficial) score is:
Mods 324
Community 301

So, close, but we win. :D

The main reason we have to check the results (aside from my OCD) is that the medal you get will say how many mods you whac'd, and we want to be sure those numbers are right.

Also, someone asked for a breakdown of the score by game type.

I feel like everything could probably start being checked at this point and then update the check with the last two games.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby sempaispellcheck on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:18 am

I am starting to check the results. Official results will be in my next post, but watch this post for fun facts I discover as I sort through the games.

FUN FACT #1: 1v1s made up a substantial majority of Whac-A-Mod games. To be precise, of the 627 Whac-A-Mod games, 408 - or 65.07% - were 1v1s.
FUN FACT #2: Assassin games made up the smallest minority of Whac-A-Mod games - only 8 of 627, or 1.276%.
FUN FACT #3: This event featured 433 players trying to whac 46 mods and 3 admins.
FUN Fact #4: Of the 482 players, mods, and admins involved in this event, only 5 - all community members - had usernames that did not start with one of the 26 letters of the English alphabet. All 26 letters were represented, as were the dash, the underscore, and the numbers 1, 4, and 6.

show: by letter

FUN FACT #5: AndyDufresne was the only admin who won a game in this event, as the community won both Whac-An-Admin games and neither lackattack nor king achilles came out to play any other Whac-A-Mod games.
FUN FACT #6: Of the 433 players who attempted to whac mods in this year's event, a whopping 143 - or 33% - were unsuccessful. By contrast, only 4 of the 46 (non-admin) mods - 8.7% - were unable to escape the whac.
FUN FACT #7: Only 3 of the 46 mods in this year's event - 6.5% - were able to avoid the whac completely. Those mods were Night Strike, DJ Teflon, and Viceroy63. However, the fact that they were able to avoid the whac is not all that surprising when you consider that they played 8 games between the three of them.
FUN FACT #8: merch313 was this year's most active mod, playing 112 games and avoiding the whac in an incredible 67 of them for a survival rate just shy of 60%. However, he was also whac'd more than any other mod - 45 times.
FUN FACT #9: Pixar was the most active community member in this year's event, playing 21 games. However, he was not the most successful - that honor goes to douitashimashite, who whac'd 12 different moderators.

If there is anything you'd like to know about this event (besides when the final results will be posted and medals awarded :roll: ), just ask and I'll put the answer here.
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby sempaispellcheck on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:36 am

For the purposes of announcing a final score, I am calling Game 11270542 for the community based on region count.

FINAL SCORE:
Community 303
Mods 324

Medals should be awarded within the next few days.

show: Breakdown by Game Type

Well fought, all! We'll see you guys next year.

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:02 am

All medals have been awarded - with the exception of the community members in Game 11270542, as a win in that game would give each of them their first and only whacs.

If you have earned a medal and not received it, or if the number on your medal is wrong, PLEASE let me know so I can fix it.

Thank you all for participating, and I'm already looking forward to next year's event! :D

Best,
sempai

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives