Conquer Club

Mordag's Little Finger, a GURPS RPG - Game Info/OOC

Comment games, quizzes, trivia, elimination games, etc...

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mordag's Little Finger, a GURPS RPG - Game Info/OOC

Postby Gillipig on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:27 am

Woodruff wrote:
macbone wrote:Gilli, Woodruff, are you ok with the thief in the story being either Woodruff's character or a similar gnome thief? If Woodruff's ok with it, I'm ok, too.

[OOC]Personally, I favor it not being my character for two reasons:

1. I love the foreshadowing idea of using what appears to be the titular character.
2. Like macbone mentioned earlier, we don't need reasons to be at each others back from the beginning. I've actually been in games where two characters came to severely dislike one another to the point of even trying to sort of take each other out (without it being obvious).

Consider it scratched then. I'll rewrite it so it's a mysterious human stranger I bump into instead, like macbone suggested. Eiykur has nothing against Gnomes at the outset.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby MeDeFe on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:54 am

macbone wrote:Anglish - a language evolved from medieval English with heavy outside influences, particularly Norman-French.

Northland - a language related to Anglish with Germanic features.

The linguist in me just has to speak up about this: Medieval English consists of nothing but Germanic features. If you took a person from England and a person from central Germany from 1000 years ago, they would have been able to communicate. Not perfectly, mind, but passably, each in their own native language. German today has more in common with medieval English than modern English has in common with its ancestral language.

And the description of Anglish fits exactly if you ever want to describe modern English.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby / on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Ok, I got rid of some redundant points after some research, changed a few things around, and made the thing easier to read, does everything look to be in order?

show
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby macbone on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:26 am

Yeah, I remember the professor who taught Beowulf letting people take the class if they'd either had Old English or German.

/, I was operating off of an older version of your sheet. Let me take a look at the new version. Still, take a look at my PM - it has some important recommended changes.

OK, I have four character sheets that are mostly finished (Gillipig, I still need to set your equipment). I've had a couple more people interested, so there's still time to work up characters, but once these four are ready, we can go ahead and start playing.
Colonel macbone

Postby Gillipig on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:56 pm

So when can we get the ball rolling? I'm aching of anticipation over here!!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Woodruff on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Gillipig wrote:So when can we get the ball rolling? I'm aching of anticipation over here!!

I finally sent my final character sheet to macbone, but I'm not sure he's taken a look at it. I know my wife still needs to send him her character, but it's pretty finalized as well. I believe we have one other individual who is working up a character, although we could probably start without him since he could be injected into the story once he's ready (that's macbone's call on waiting for him or not, of course).

I need to remind my wife to post her character's background/description here.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby kentington on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Gillipig wrote:So when can we get the ball rolling? I'm aching of anticipation over here!!

I finally sent my final character sheet to macbone, but I'm not sure he's taken a look at it. I know my wife still needs to send him her character, but it's pretty finalized as well. I believe we have one other individual who is working up a character, although we could probably start without him since he could be injected into the story once he's ready (that's macbone's call on waiting for him or not, of course).

I need to remind my wife to post her character's background/description here.

I'm one of the ones we might be waiting on. I need to contact macbone regarding some questions for my character before finalizing a few things. This is my first RPG and I need GM approval on some things.
Sergeant kentington

Postby Gillipig on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Who's you wife? tkr4lf or / :)?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby tkr4lf on Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:59 pm

Gillipig wrote:Who's you wife? tkr4lf or / :)?

I'm a dude...dude.
Major tkr4lf

Postby Gillipig on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:10 pm

tkr4lf wrote:

I'm a dude...dude.

Therefore the smilie :)
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:14 pm

tkr4lf wrote:

I'm a dude...dude.

That's funny, I just watched The Big Lebowski yesterday.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Major MeDeFe

Postby Woodruff on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:49 pm

Naw...IchLiebeMyCats is her userid - she joined only for the RPG. She HATES Risk...when we were first married, I literally bribed her (with chores and such) to play "Risk" and "Axis and Allies" with me.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby / on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Woodruff wrote:

Naw...IchLiebeMyCats is her userid - she joined only for the RPG. She HATES Risk...when we were first married, I literally bribed her (with chores and such) to play "Risk" and "Axis and Allies" with me.

So who's your cat? MeDeFe? :P
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:00 am

/ wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Major MeDeFe

Postby Woodruff on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:30 am

/ wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Actually, we have three. A 17-year-old Siamese. A 30-pound 6-year-old Maine Coon (he is NOT fat at all...there are pictures of him somewhere on this site...from the floor, he could pull pans off of the front stove burners at 18 months old). A 19-pound 3 year old Maine Coon (again, not fat at all).

Postby Woodruff on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:32 pm

So did the game die an ugly death already?

Postby / on Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:54 pm

I hope not!
Do we have the needed character sheets done, macbone?
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Gillipig on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:12 am

I was looking forward to this :(.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Gillipig on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:15 am

Where is it possible to find other games like this? I've been googling without any luck so far.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Woodruff on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:38 pm

Gillipig wrote:Where is it possible to find other games like this? I've been googling without any luck so far.

Good question. I normally play "live", to be honest.

Postby / on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:20 pm

I was looking at this site when researching how this game worked, it looks pretty good, but it does seem to take quite a bit of time. I would guess most online role playing is a bit of a slow and steady process, which is why I will not give up on this one until macbone posts otherwise, I still have my hopes up for this, and I can tell that macbone puts a lot of work into his posts, I'm sure the end result should be something grand if we start, and plenty worth waiting for. :D
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby Woodruff on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:47 pm

/ wrote:I was looking at this site when researching how this game worked, it looks pretty good, but it does seem to take quite a bit of time. I would guess most online role playing is a bit of a slow and steady process, which is why I will not give up on this one until macbone posts otherwise, I still have my hopes up for this, and I can tell that macbone puts a lot of work into his posts, I'm sure the end result should be something grand if we start, and plenty worth waiting for. :D

I agree.

Meanwhile, a picture of my cat (not MeDeFe, though it might be more impressive):

Postby macbone on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:17 pm

Don't panic, we're still playing! I've just been busy these past two weeks.

I divide my time between Conquer Club and rpol.net, which has a nice selection of all kinds of roleplaying games.

I'm checking characters now. When I'm finished, we'll start, and I'll begin a separate thread for our actual game play. This thread will remain open for any questions or out of character comments.
Colonel macbone

Postby Gillipig on Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:52 am

Wow, didn't expect this. Should be awesome when it starts!

Nice cat btw woody. Is it a Norwegian forest cat? I had one of those when I was a kid.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Woodruff on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:05 am

Gillipig wrote:Nice cat btw woody. Is it a Norwegian forest cat? I had one of those when I was a kid.

He's a Maine Coon Cat, which is considered to be a likely distant relative of the Norwegian. They're neat cats, and obviously huge (that's a normal-sized laundry basket he's lying on). They're almost like dogs in that they follow you around the house and just "hang out" with whoever is there. Not lap cats though (thank God!). Probably the only drawback to them is that they are hyper-timid (yeah...weird, given their size). They freak over the weirdest things.

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games