Conquer Club

Showing ID to Vote

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should ya have to show ID when you vote?

Total votes : 0

Showing ID to Vote

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Last edited by Phatscotty on Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
Major Phatscotty

Re: Poll on Voter ID

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:08 pm

Kittens?
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:17 pm

I don't see the big deal, here in Missouri I was told I had to bring my voter registration card and photo ID when I go and vote. Besides, other countries around the world have voter ID cards. Oh, I don't see anything that is UNConstitutional about having a voter ID card.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:38 pm

I don't get it.

Why do I need a specific voter ID card? If proof of my identity is required, and if my driver's license is insufficient, then why not require people to provide other forms of identity which they already possess? (e.g. credit cards, school ID, certificate of proof, car insurance, etc.)
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby 2dimes on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm pretty torn here. I'm a pretty big proponent of, "Everyone gets the right to vote." But I'm feeling all racist and upperclassman thinking, "If you can't figure out voter ID, maybe your vote is less valuable."

The only point I see (disregarding corruption) in the cards are they work like a voting coupon, you take your ID and card, turn the card in for a vote once and it makes it easier for the system to anonymously track voters. That way you can go to where ever instead of your designated polling station to get crossed off their list.

As for special voter photo ID. I guess it could make some jobs. If you're going to fake any other form of ID you could fake that one too.
Corporal 2dimes

Re: Showing ID to Vote

Postby jay_a2j on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:31 pm

The only people against it are those who want non-citizens the ability to vote! If you are a citizen whats the big deal having to show your ID. VOTER FRAUD is why people are against it! Would Obama have won in 2008 if ID's were required?

There is no RATIONAL reason NOT to have to show ID!
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Does your state have sanctuary cities for illegal aliens?
Major Phatscotty

Postby AAFitz on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:05 pm

2012-09-07 19:04:22 - AAFitz assaulted Audience - A5 from Audience - A12 and conquered it from Phatscotty
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby AAFitz on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:06 pm

jay_a2j wrote:The only people against it are those who want non-citizens the ability to vote! If you are a citizen whats the big deal having to show your ID. VOTER FRAUD is why people are against it! Would Obama have won in 2008 if ID's were required?

There is no RATIONAL reason NOT to have to show ID!

YES there IS.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.

Postby HapSmo19 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:30 pm

NO there ISN'T.
Lieutenant HapSmo19

Postby Symmetry on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Of course there is. Voting is a right. If you have to purchase an ID in order to vote, you're having to purchase your right to vote from the state. Essentially a poll tax.

Hence the issue in say, Wisconsin:

Wisconsin's Voter ID law provided free IDs to people who did not have them. In practice, state employees at the DMV were instructed to provide the IDs for free only if people specifically asked to have their fee waived. A Wisconsin state employee was fired for telling other employees that the IDs were free by law, and that they should inform people who may need them to vote.[18][19] For the time being, the requirement to show photo ID has since been declared in violation of the Wisconsin Constitution and blocked by state judges.[20]

Which should trouble anyone who actually considers about how these laws work in practice, rather than worrying about voter fraud in theory.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby kentington on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:51 pm

I don't think it is necessary for a special voter id card. I do believe you should be required to show an id card to vote.
1)To prove you are a citizen
2)To prove you are alive
3)To prove you exist

If above three are proven then vote.
Sergeant kentington

Postby AAFitz on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:51 pm

Symmetry wrote:Of course there is. Voting is a right. If you have to purchase an ID in order to vote, you're having to purchase your right to vote from the state. Essentially a poll tax.

Hence the issue in say, Wisconsin:

Wisconsin's Voter ID law provided free IDs to people who did not have them. In practice, state employees at the DMV were instructed to provide the IDs for free only if people specifically asked to have their fee waived. A Wisconsin state employee was fired for telling other employees that the IDs were free by law, and that they should inform people who may need them to vote.[18][19] For the time being, the requirement to show photo ID has since been declared in violation of the Wisconsin Constitution and blocked by state judges.[20]

Which should trouble anyone who actually considers about how these laws work in practice, rather than worrying about voter fraud in theory.

That is, if they cared one iota about preserving the right to vote of American Citizens...they dont.
Too much. I know.

Postby Night Strike on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:56 pm

Symmetry wrote:Of course there is. Voting is a right. If you have to purchase an ID in order to vote, you're having to purchase your right to vote from the state. Essentially a poll tax.

Owning a gun is a right. In order to own a gun, you have to pay for both licensing yourself as well as registering each gun you own, therefore you're having to purchase your right to own a gun from the state. PLUS, you have to show a photo ID to do those things.
Major Night Strike

Postby AAFitz on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Night Strike wrote:

Owning a gun is a right. In order to own a gun, you have to pay for both licensing yourself as well as registering each gun you own, therefore you're having to purchase your right to own a gun from the state. PLUS, you have to show a photo ID to do those things.

Eh...if you wrongly translate the constitution perhaps.
Too much. I know.

Postby kentington on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:02 pm

AAFitz wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

In which way are you suggesting his interpretation is wrong?

Also, ID's should be free.
Sergeant kentington

Postby AAFitz on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:04 pm

kentington wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Many.
Too much. I know.

Postby Night Strike on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:05 pm

AAFitz wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

And the "correct" (aka, your) interpretation?
Major Night Strike

Postby kentington on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:06 pm

AAFitz wrote:
kentington wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Many.

If you aren't willing to give an answer why make the claim?
Sergeant kentington

Postby AAFitz on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:10 pm

kentington wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
kentington wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Many.

has nothing to do with being willing. And if supporting claims with evidence was a requirement in this forum, especially from that poster... :lol:
Too much. I know.

Postby AAFitz on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:11 pm

Night Strike wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Tell you what. Ill explain it to my wall. I know it has at least a chance of understanding and listening.
Too much. I know.

Postby Night Strike on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:12 pm

AAFitz wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Tell you what. Ill explain it to my wall. I know it has at least a chance of understanding and listening.

So, you don't have any other correct interpretation.
Major Night Strike

Postby kentington on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:12 pm

AAFitz wrote:
kentington wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
kentington wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Owning a gun is a right. In order to own a gun, you have to pay for both licensing yourself as well as registering each gun you own, therefore you're having to purchase your right to own a gun from the state. PLUS, you have to show a photo ID to do those things.

Many.

has nothing to do with being willing. And if supporting claims with evidence was a requirement in this forum, especially from that poster... :lol:

Not from that poster. From me. I am curious in which ways he is interpreting it wrongly.
Sergeant kentington

Postby AAFitz on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Night Strike wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

So, you don't have any other correct interpretation.

You interpreted that incorrectly too.
Too much. I know.

Postby AAFitz on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:18 pm

kentington wrote:Not from that poster. From me. I am curious in which ways he is interpreting it wrongly.

I apologize for piquing your curiosity then.
Too much. I know.

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,