Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:48 pm

Pirlo wrote:
KingRat wrote:I just read all 437 posts......

I can either poke myself in the eye with a sewing needle or go play another speed game.

God - you guys are depressing.

There are 473 posts before yours. you either have a math or typing problems! :D

Anyway, you must have enjoyed the posts much enough to keep reading em all until the end!
:mrgreen:

Or... dyslexia. And its not a laughing matter! :P
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:One thing I did notice when I came back is that none of the old gang from the forums (well, maybe a few) are here anymore. They still play but seems like something happened that killed their spirit or something. Sad, really.

The "old gang" is never quite the same. A lot of that is perception. Ever notice how small the place is when you go back to see an old school you went to? Something old is never new again.

There's new gangs forming all the time, but of course they're "just not the same."

Dukasaur, I didn't mean to say that a lot of my old favourites weren't still here, just that something quieted a lot of people who still play but are not nearly as active. It wasn't meant to offend anyone.

Edit: "Well at least old Dukasaur is still here!" (hope that suffices as a peace pipe) :mrgreen:

Don't worry, I wasn't offended...:)

I was just trying to point out that it's part of "You Can't Get Home Again" Syndrome. Nothing seems as good the second time around, even if objectively speaking it hasn't changed much.

Now, there is an objective decline in activity on CC, that is undeniable. Membership is down something like 35 or 40% from its peak, and that's a big drop, no doubt about it. So that translates into less activity everywhere: there's fewer tournaments and they take longer to fill, there's fewer posts in the forums, there's fewer people to volunteer for stuff and in general there is less of everything. It's a real and serious problem, and I'm not discounting it. What I was trying to say, however, is that as bad as it is, people are viewing it through "YCGHA" Syndrome eyes, and bad as it is objectively, people are subjectively seeing it as even worse.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby fadedpsychosis on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:39 pm

YCGHA is I take it similar to "the grass is greener somewhere else" attitude, only more of a "back in the good old days" look?

yeah, forget it, I'm going to go poke deadbeats with sharp sticks...
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby capanache on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:09 pm

17:30:55 ā€¹gigssy90ā€ŗ guys i just registered here and i wanna play now,how????

one case study that confirms some opinions, no one answered his call out for the record
Lieutenant capanache

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Player 1: Cc isn't what it was...
Player 2: No, and I'll tell you something else, It never was what it was!
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby kentington on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Player 1: Cc isn't what it was...
Player 2: No, and I'll tell you something else, It never was what it was!

On a side note to what you were talking about is that I was in the background lurking for a long time.
I am the new old gang; only better looking.
Bruceswar Ā» Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Our survey says... YES!
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:38 pm

14641 now
I would bet quite a lot of money on that CC won't be around in a year from now. Enjoy it (Hah) while it lasts.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:11 am

Gillipig wrote:14641 now
I would bet quite a lot of money on that CC won't be around in a year from now. Enjoy it (Hah) while it lasts.

ITT: gillipg trolls

no one respond to him

0/10
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Gillipig on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:30 am

Army of GOD wrote:

no one respond to him

0/10

That's correct, you truly are no one.
Infact, I barely even saw you there bud.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:

no one respond to him

0/10

If AoG is truly no one, then how can he at the same time be someone? Surely, he must at least be one thing, but this contradicts the claim that he is no one, i.e. no one thing.

Perhaps, Gillipig is implying that AoG is actually many ones, or rather more than one. And this must be true for Army of GOD is indeed an Army, and GOD is in fact three persons.

AoG, I agree with Gillipig's assertion that you are more than one.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby notyou2 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:03 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:

no one respond to him

0/10

If AoG is truly no one, then how can he at the same time be someone? Surely, he must at least be one thing, but this contradicts the claim that he is no one, i.e. no one thing.

Perhaps, Gillipig is implying that AoG is actually many ones, or rather more than one. And this must be true for Army of GOD is indeed an Army, and GOD is in fact three persons.

I know he's short, but he is a multi-celled creature .
Captain notyou2

Postby IcePack on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Define, won't be around in a year from now.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:38 pm

IcePack wrote:

Exactly 365 days after Gillipig posted that, CC servers will be attacked by mangeese.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:11 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:If AoG is truly no one, then how can he at the same time be someone? Surely, he must at least be one thing, but this contradicts the claim that he is no one, i.e. no one thing.

You are way over thinking this one, BBS, you've got to consider the subject matter into your equation. I think he's just implying he's a loser. :-$
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:27 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:If AoG is truly no one, then how can he at the same time be someone? Surely, he must at least be one thing, but this contradicts the claim that he is no one, i.e. no one thing.

You are way over thinking this one, BBS, you've got to consider the subject matter into your equation. I think he's just implying he's a loser. :-$

But what has he lost? His one-ness? Is Gillipig upset because AoG is going through some existential crisis?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:43 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Exactly 365 days after Gillipig posted that, CC servers will be attacked by mangeese.

BMO

I don't think manganese is self-aware...

...yet...

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Gillipig on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:16 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:

no one respond to him

0/10

In a way you are correct.
Aog is so small that his behavior can't be understood by using logic adapted for macrospcopic objects. Only through quantum physics can his odd beahvior be understood. In the macro world nothing can exist in two places at the same time, however when you're dealing with objects as small as Aog, (or protons) the most extrodinary things happens. Imagine a mini rat running around a chunk of cheese with infinite speed, and you're looking at an analogue for Aog's movement in CC's forum. He's everywhere at once but no one seems to notice him.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:48 pm

But if no one seems to notice him, then why are we talking about him?

Maybe you're jealous of AoG's quantum properties.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:57 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:But if no one seems to notice him, then why are we talking about him?

Its not that no one notices him, just that no one regards him. Think of walking up to a bowl of fruit, noticing some fruit flies and swishing them away cursing "damn fruit flies!". Once the flies have dissipated, they are no longer of any consequence and don't enter your mind until the next time you notice them around the fruit bowl.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:46 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:But if no one seems to notice him, then why are we talking about him?

I'll leave that question to future generations of scientists to solve.
I'm busy investigating the claim of a site creator. Mythology has it he's called lackattack and provides coding for the site. But no evidence of his existence has been found and all eye witnesses are dead.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby DJPatrick on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:47 am

He still get your 15 bucks each year...maybe if your economy wasn't so shyyte, he wouldn't have had to get a real job and left the lunatics to take over the asylum???
Lieutenant DJPatrick

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:28 am

DJPatrick wrote:He still get your 15 bucks each year...maybe if your economy wasn't so shyyte, he wouldn't have had to get a real job and left the lunatics to take over the asylum???

My God!

what has happened to the other $10?

Or is Gillipig getting a special discount rate in return for sexual favors?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Gillipig on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:52 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
DJPatrick wrote:He still get your 15 bucks each year...maybe if your economy wasn't so shyyte, he wouldn't have had to get a real job and left the lunatics to take over the asylum???

My God!

what has happened to the other $10?

Or is Gillipig getting a special discount rate in return for sexual favors?

Shhhh!

Do you want everyone to hear? Alright I'll hook you up on a good deal with him if you keep quiet.

I hope you're good with whips. lackattack loves them! He's a masochist. He'd like you to wear leather. Black leather. And lipstick. Lot's of lipstick!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:21 pm

Is a mustache required?
Major BigBallinStalin

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion