Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Is CC Declining?

Postby tkr4lf on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:38 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Is a mustache required?

Does the Pope shit in the woods?
Major tkr4lf

Postby TeeGee on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:16 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
DJPatrick wrote:He still get your 15 bucks each year...maybe if your economy wasn't so shyyte, he wouldn't have had to get a real job and left the lunatics to take over the asylum???

My God!

what has happened to the other $10?

Or is Gillipig getting a special discount rate in return for sexual favors?

There was a thread some time back claiming that CC membership was in fact tenny five dollars, perhaps DJPatrick was under the assumption that tenny and five = $15 and that lack had lowered the membership cost, but as we all know CC is great value at $25 or twenty-five dollars :)

PS: what gilli does behind closed doors for discounts is something that none of us would ever want to try (or see). I have heard the screams from the moderators kitchen whilst getting myself a drink.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby tzor on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:56 am

I find it funny that people are quietly panicking over the membership decline here, especially given the fact that the great game engine of Facebook, Zynga is falling like a rock and the management and the staff can't leave the building fast enough.

I used to work for a company that had an online service known as the ā€œMulti-Player Games Network.ā€ It had a principle game galled ā€œKingdon of Drakkarā€ and a few other board games (that were developed by me) that included ā€œEmpire Builderā€ and ā€œOperation Market Gardenā€ that could count on a dozen active players (needless to say, our revenue came from KoD with membership in the hundreds of players online at the same time). When the company was sold to another small company that didn't seem interested in KoD back in 1999, the designer of the game bought back the rights to the game and hosted it on his own severs. He's still running the game today.

Another game was created by an author to promote his political science fiction book ā€œNationstates.ā€ Over the course of the years, his original hosting service tried to illegally copy his game and the United Nations sued him because his game had a UN organization in it, but he's been running the game for 10 years now.

So what does this mean? It means that it is possible to run a game service ā€œunder the radarā€ if you really want to run a game service. You will never see massive stock options, or huge profits but it is certainly possible. The CC operational model is based on casual play, which means that it is a low server resource draining game. Thus with the possible exception of hardware end of life, this could easily go on for years with a limited (paying) membership base.

That isn't to say that it isn't possible to promote this game, but such promotions are not always cost effective.
Cadet tzor

Postby Gillipig on Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:21 pm

14503 as of now. It's incredible. Not a single day goes by without declining numbers. You'd think at least one day more people would join than drop out.
But I suppose this is just the seasonal decline we've heard so much about. It goes in cycles doesn't it. Funny how some years the summer never ends :D .
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Gillipig on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:45 pm

14438 yay!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:40 am

14365 results on 58 pages - 73 members in 3 days!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:36 pm

isaiah40 wrote:14365 results on 58 pages - 73 members in 3 days!

Two days actually. There's only 30 days in September ;).

The decline continues. Tune in next week to see if the trend continues or if the pattern will change.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Gillipig wrote:

The decline continues. Tune in next week to see if the trend continues or if the pattern will change.

Okay, 2.5 days, counting from the time of the post before mine.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:10 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Since when did 1 day and 19 hours become 2,5 days?

Just admit it isaiah, You were wrong!!
Last edited by Gillipig on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Gillipig wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Since when did five hours become 0.5 days? I did the math and it's 2,209 days which could be rounded off to either 2.2 days if we're going to be petty, or two days if we are being rational.

Okay, right, losing 73 people in 2 days is worse than 3 days!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:23 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

Since when did five hours become 0.5 days? I did the math and it's 2,209 days which could be rounded off to either 2.2 days if we're going to be petty, or two days if we are being rational.

Okay, right, losing 73 people in 2 days is worse than 3 days!

I edited that and it turned out it was even 1 day and 19 hours.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:25 pm

No matter what way we slice and dice it 73 is too much to go inactive almost overnight!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:33 pm

isaiah40 wrote:No matter what way we slice and dice it 73 is too much to go inactive almost overnight!

Couldn't agree more. But no surprise really. I'm expecting it to be put down within 11 months. What you're looking at is just another website that hasn't been able to stay competitive.
It's quite hard to do so over an extended period of time but I don't think we can say that he did his best. It's long been a low priority site for him.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Darthakian on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:47 pm

This site is so flawed its laughable, the dice are not random, the dice are not fair. No matter what, everytime you get a promotion and have a good run, you are met with a bad run and demotion. This pattern has been re-acurring over the last 2 years and not just to me but hundreds more. Wake up people and see the obvious, the site is rigged, no other explanation. Ive sat for hours with dice in my hand and rolled them to try and mimick the Cc dice, but guess what, i just cant do it, no matter how hard i try. CC live on the words.... Random.org, sorry guys if thats your only defence, its time you sacked them and tried a little harder to keep people playing. I will not be renewing, not wasting anymore money on here. Its a shame because it could be good, however there are better sites out there i suggest you look at them :!:
Sergeant 1st Class Darthakian

Postby Gillipig on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Darthakian wrote:This site is so flawed its laughable, the dice are not random, the dice are not fair. No matter what, everytime you get a promotion and have a good run, you are met with a bad run and demotion. This pattern has been re-acurring over the last 2 years and not just to me but hundreds more. Wake up people and see the obvious, the site is rigged, no other explanation. Ive sat for hours with dice in my hand and rolled them to try and mimick the Cc dice, but guess what, i just cant do it, no matter how hard i try. CC live on the words.... Random.org, sorry guys if thats your only defence, its time you sacked them and tried a little harder to keep people playing. I will not be renewing, not wasting anymore money on here. Its a shame because it could be good, however there are better sites out there i suggest you look at them :!:

There are so many things to complain about with this site and you choose the dice? One of the few things that work decently.

It's like you look at a completely wrecked vacuum cleaner and start complaining about how the bag is not sitting on correctly.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:43 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Darthakian wrote:This site is so flawed its laughable, the dice are not random, the dice are not fair. No matter what, everytime you get a promotion and have a good run, you are met with a bad run and demotion. This pattern has been re-acurring over the last 2 years and not just to me but hundreds more. Wake up people and see the obvious, the site is rigged, no other explanation. Ive sat for hours with dice in my hand and rolled them to try and mimick the Cc dice, but guess what, i just cant do it, no matter how hard i try. CC live on the words.... Random.org, sorry guys if thats your only defence, its time you sacked them and tried a little harder to keep people playing. I will not be renewing, not wasting anymore money on here. Its a shame because it could be good, however there are better sites out there i suggest you look at them :!:

There are so many things to complain about with this site and you choose the dice? One of the few things that work decently.

It's like you look at a completely wrecked vacuum cleaner and start complaining about how the bag is not sitting on correctly.

Bizarre but funny comparison. :lol:
I agree the dice seem to work just fine.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:07 pm

And now we have..........dam ta dam........... 14349 pplz

That's a decline in case you wonder
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:13 pm

The longer the picket line the shorter the strike! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=179167
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Qwert on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:52 pm

are summer vacation finally over? I know that some people many time say" well in summer , small decline hepend,but after summer player number grow".
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Gillipig on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:14 pm

qwert wrote:are summer vacation finally over? I know that some people many time say" well in summer , small decline hepend,but after summer player number grow".

Let me have a look at the scoreboard......................... 14313 ppl, a decline. So it's still summer qwert ;)!
I think summer will persist this year.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Shen Tzu on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:05 am

I started here...but found Landgrab a far better product. I come here now on occasion. it isn't summer lull. it is just null.
Cook Shen Tzu

Postby Gillipig on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:25 am

Shen Tzu wrote:I started here...but found Landgrab a far better product. I come here now on occasion. it isn't summer lull. it is just null.

:lol:

:lol: :lol:
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Johnny Rockets on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:38 am

Shen Tzu wrote:I started here...but found Landgrab a far better product. I come here now on occasion. it isn't summer lull. it is just null.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you put Ketchup on steak.

I'd prefer a smaller more devout core group of members that give a shit, and don't nay-say the hell out of everything, then a few extra fucking peasants who do little but spread negativity and pine about the "good-ol-days".

Are you having trouble finding opponents? Filling tourneys? Not enough sparkling wit on the forums?

How has this "great decline affected you personally?

Johnny Rockets
Sergeant 1st Class Johnny Rockets

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:48 am

Johnny Rockets wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you put Ketchup on steak.

I'd prefer a smaller more devout core group of members that give a shit, and don't nay-say the hell out of everything, then a few extra fucking peasants who do little but spread negativity and pine about the "good-ol-days".

Are you having trouble finding opponents? Filling tourneys? Not enough sparkling wit on the forums?

How has this "great decline affected you personally?

Johnny Rockets

A steady decline in paying members greatly suggests a decline in other aspects. Doesn't investigating this possibility suggest caring? I am wondering though how spouting off and hating is going to help your cause, whatever it may be?
If the people you speak of are "peasants", why do they seem to have affected you personally?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Johnny Rockets on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:15 pm

You are not investigating. Your focused on a negative perspective, that being C.C. is broken because there are less members. That is an assumption. You are not looking for causes, you are finding exaggerated fault where fault may not lie, or at least not be the whole of the problem, or even a major portion of it.

You won't answer my questions, and insist Dukasaurs are not your responsibility to answer so keep beating that drum, Funky. So far inciting a Mod rebellion is unattainable, and looking at the disputed issues carefully isn't on the table either for you, so why not brainstorm up a different direction?

Take the points of division on the topics of scoreboards, freestyle and amount of available maps. Perhaps forming round table commitees? Referendums? Polls? Can you think of any other courses of action to make what we have better?

Just screaming that it's broke from the hill tops without EXAMINING the guts of the problem is .....well, peasant minded.
( Oh GREAT AND HOLY LORD LACK! WHEN WILL YOUR MACHINATIONS FREE US FROM OUR SELF FERMENTING DISCONTENT??? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER US FROM DECLINE? WHEN WILL OUR SENSE ON INSTANT GRATIFICATION BE APPEASED??)

Great sites are made by the actions of the individual. Do you really think Landgrab is better?
What changes do you want?

Will you answer anything? Or will you just troll out another reply?

J
Sergeant 1st Class Johnny Rockets

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion