Conquer Club

Mitt Romney Scandals

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby Night Strike on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Also, that also shows something about your character as well. Your candidate is doing all this disquieting stuff and you're defending him too. You shouldn't be defending everything he does all the time. Nor should you ignore the entire scandal just to attack a Liberal just for the use of the word "Freeloader." It's not even groundless use of the word here.

You mean the character of a man who will anonymously provide food for a veterans group for several years? Or the character of a man who has directly assisted many people during his time in the Mormon church and on his own? Unfortunately, I haven't had time to see the testimonials that Beck aired on his program about the extremely generous and upstanding character of Romney that the media isn't sharing, but I think Phatscotty has posted a couple of those clips somewhere.
Major Night Strike

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Night Strike wrote:You mean the character of a man who will anonymously provide food for a veterans group for several years? Or the character of a man who has directly assisted many people during his time in the Mormon church and on his own? Unfortunately, I haven't had time to see the testimonials that Beck aired on his program about the extremely generous and upstanding character of Romney that the media isn't sharing, but I think Phatscotty has posted a couple of those clips somewhere.

I don't measure the worth of a person based on how much money they give to people, or by how much money they have. I don't ever talk about the time that I spend working for free or for the money I give away on here. Charity isn't about your image.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Night Strike on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Night Strike wrote:You mean the character of a man who will anonymously provide food for a veterans group for several years? Or the character of a man who has directly assisted many people during his time in the Mormon church and on his own? Unfortunately, I haven't had time to see the testimonials that Beck aired on his program about the extremely generous and upstanding character of Romney that the media isn't sharing, but I think Phatscotty has posted a couple of those clips somewhere.

I don't measure the worth of a person based on how much money they give to people, or by how much money they have. I don't ever talk about the time that I spend working for free or for the money I give away on here. Charity isn't about your image.

Romney doesn't do these things for his own image, which is also why you never hear him talking about it. Therefore, it's up to other people to actually share the truth of his character instead of the portrayal that the Obama-supporting media publishes.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:... I don't recall his use of the word, "freeloader". Did I miss it?

Amazing that the only problem that you have here is the use of the word "freeloader."
This whole thread is full of Romney's lies and scandals. Yet your issue is the Liberal use of the word "freeloader." Nice.

If you want to avoid pimpdavousity, accuracy is important.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Also, that also shows something about your character as well. Your candidate is doing all this disquieting stuff and you're defending him too. You shouldn't be defending everything he does all the time. Nor should you ignore the entire scandal just to attack a Liberal just for the use of the word "Freeloader." It's not even groundless use of the word here.

You mean the character of a man who will anonymously provide food for a veterans group for several years?

If you know about it, how was it anonymous? God damn, you guys are funny as shit.

Night Strike wrote:Or the character of a man who has directly assisted many people during his time in the Mormon church and on his own?

Some of that "assistance" might not be exactly...assistance as I would use the term.

Night Strike wrote:Unfortunately, I haven't had time to see the testimonials that Beck aired on his program about the extremely generous and upstanding character of Romney that the media isn't sharing, but I think Phatscotty has posted a couple of those clips somewhere.

Beck? <facepalm>
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:... I don't recall his use of the word, "freeloader". Did I miss it?

Amazing that the only problem that you have here is the use of the word "freeloader."
This whole thread is full of Romney's lies and scandals. Yet your issue is the Liberal use of the word "freeloader." Nice.

If you want to avoid pimpdavousity, accuracy is important.

Seriously though, I don't have a problem with the use of the word "freeloader" in that picture. The word isn't in quotations, and it's a word used to describe what Mitt Romney described in several sentences.

Postby Night Strike on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Unfortunately, I haven't had time to see the testimonials that Beck aired on his program about the extremely generous and upstanding character of Romney that the media isn't sharing, but I think Phatscotty has posted a couple of those clips somewhere.

Beck? <facepalm>

So how does him reporting it make it false? Shouldn't you disprove the actual comments/stories and not immediately claim the person is an idiot? If he's so uncredible, why can't you refute him?

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

You mean the character of a man who will anonymously provide food for a veterans group for several years?

If you know about it, how was it anonymous? God damn, you guys are funny as shit.

Because the delivery guy revealed who was providing the milk right before he retired:

Mitt Romneyā€™s secret is out, thanks to a milkman in Boston. When the now Republican presidential candidate toured a Veterans Administration hospital while in a political race against Ted Kennedy, he discovered an awful truth: The facility could not afford enough dairy products for the sick soldiers. After reviewing the medical centerā€™s books and noting that the facility appears to be run well, he asked what they needed help with or might be lacking. The quickly uttered response consisted of one simple word: milk.

The GOP candidate made the now infamous joke about learning how to milk a cow. The day after the complex tour when all of the media cameras were gone, the Republican candidate called the VA hospital to apologize for his remark. Sadly, the medical care center tasked with treating the men and women who once put their lives on the line for our country could not afford enough of the healthy drink and cooking staple to fulfill the needs of the patients, GlennBeck.Com reports.

When Friday rolled around, so did the local milkman and 7 thousand pints of the dairy product. The delivery guy kept his word to Mitt Romney and refused to reveal the name of the anonymous donor to VA officials. Two years later and just days from retirement, the delivery man finally shared his secret with hospital staffers.

Once he became the Governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney helped push through a bill to help the veteranā€™s facility with the dairy funding issues, according to Beckā€™s radio address. The retired Boston delivery man and a host of other folks eager to share stories about the candidateā€™s past acts of charity and kindness are slated to appear on The Blaze TV on Friday.

http://www.inquisitr.com/330017/mitt-romney-outed-by-the-milkman-candidate-anonymously-donates-thousands-of-pints-of-milk-to-sick-vets/#h8MWjmZmumx0EPBT.99
Major Night Strike

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:22 am

Postby Woodruff on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:28 am

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Beck? <facepalm>

So how does him reporting it make it false? Shouldn't you disprove the actual comments/stories and not immediately claim the person is an idiot? If he's so uncredible, why can't you refute him?

Night Strike, how many times has that exact question been posed to you when you outlandishly disclaimed a report because it was from a "liberal rag"?

Now, on to the point I was making...where did I say him reporting it made it false? I stated no such thing. What I did was refer to the idea that anything coming from Beck is bound to be quite biased in nature, and couldn't you have found a better source than him crying? Watching him is like watching Jim Rome on sports.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:59 pm

Mitt Romney paid for son's surrogate 'abortion contract', right to kill fetus

In the event the child is determined to be physiologically, genetically or chromosomally abnormal, the decision to abort or not to abort is to be made by the intended parents. In such a case the surrogate agrees to abort, or not to abort, in accordance with the intended parents' decision.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mitt-ro ... kill-fetus

Postby Night Strike on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:06 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Mitt Romney paid for son's surrogate 'abortion contract', right to kill fetus

In the event the child is determined to be physiologically, genetically or chromosomally abnormal, the decision to abort or not to abort is to be made by the intended parents. In such a case the surrogate agrees to abort, or not to abort, in accordance with the intended parents' decision.

Would you learn how to quote articles instead of your smear sections?

The Romney campaign, naturally, has an explanation for this. It seems the family used this same surrogate in 2009, and in the previous contract the Romney family specifically wanted that part of the contract removed, and it was. This time however, Attorney Bill Handel, an expert on surrogacy law, said it was a simple oversight that the clause was left in the contract.

It sounds like this is all arranged through a specific company/group that uses a blanket contract that the parties can then choose to adapt.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Mitt Romney paid for son's surrogate 'abortion contract', right to kill fetus

Would you learn how to quote articles instead of your smear sections?

The Romney campaign, naturally, has an explanation for this. It seems the family used this same surrogate in 2009, and in the previous contract the Romney family specifically wanted that part of the contract removed, and it was. This time however, Attorney Bill Handel, an expert on surrogacy law, said it was a simple oversight that the clause was left in the contract.

It sounds like this is all arranged through a specific company/group that uses a blanket contract that the parties can then choose to adapt.

It could well be. Do you think that makes it ok that he didn't require the wording of that contract to be changed before doing business with them? That would seem to be a pretty weak excuse for someone who believes so strongly against abortion.

Postby Night Strike on Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:18 pm

Or it was simply a clause of a contract that they forgot to have removed.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:19 pm

Night Strike wrote:Or it was simply a clause of a contract that they forgot to have removed.

It could be. Lord knows I don't read most of the contracts I sign that carefully, so I find it easy to believe that. By the same token, I'm not running for public office, and it DOES LOOK bad, given his public stance on the topic. Perception can create reality.

Postby Evil Semp on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Night Strike wrote:Or it was simply a clause of a contract that they forgot to have removed.

In all honesty, who you accept that explanation if it were Obama and not Romney?
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:31 pm

First of all, I do not at all blame Romney for what occurs in this video because he almost certainly has nothing to do with it, I just couldn't think of a better place to put it. This is more of an "Election scandal" than a "Romney scandal":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdk55dLsFhc

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Evil Semp wrote:

In all honesty, who you accept that explanation if it were Obama and not Romney?

Of course not, because SOROS!!!!

Postby Gypsys Kiss on Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:34 am

In which case he needs a new lawyer, seeing as it was the second time the 'blanket' contract was signed. No point wasting money on someone who cant do their job properly, right?
Sergeant Gypsys Kiss

Postby Night Strike on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:38 am

Gypsys Kiss wrote:

In which case he needs a new lawyer, seeing as it was the second time the 'blanket' contract was signed. No point wasting money on someone who cant do their job properly, right?

Well, considering the article itself said that the first time the arrangement was made that clause was taken out, so they could have assumed that their previously-used contract was the base for the new contract and that the clause was already gone.

Evil Semp wrote:

It depends on the issue. The Romney family doesn't believe in abortion themselves (as a matter of public policy, Mitt has gone back and forth), so removing an abortion clause from such a contract is consistent with their views. The Obama family presumably is ok with abortions, so I would expect such a clause to remain if there were to ever enter into such a contract.

Woodruff wrote:

It could be. Lord knows I don't read most of the contracts I sign that carefully, so I find it easy to believe that. By the same token, I'm not running for public office, and it DOES LOOK bad, given his public stance on the topic. Perception can create reality.

The contract was signed by Tagg Romney, not Mitt Romney. Mitt just apparently provided the money for the arrangement.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:22 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Gypsys Kiss wrote:

Well, considering the article itself said that the first time the arrangement was made that clause was taken out, so they could have assumed that their previously-used contract was the base for the new contract and that the clause was already gone.

Evil Semp wrote:

It depends on the issue. The Romney family doesn't believe in abortion themselves (as a matter of public policy, Mitt has gone back and forth), so removing an abortion clause from such a contract is consistent with their views. The Obama family presumably is ok with abortions, so I would expect such a clause to remain if there were to ever enter into such a contract.

Woodruff wrote:

The contract was signed by Tagg Romney, not Mitt Romney. Mitt just apparently provided the money for the arrangement.

True enough, though I was pretty much removing the "signing" part above anyway by agreeing that it was a reasonable position. That doesn't change the perception point, however.

Postby Symmetry on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Night Strike wrote:The contract was signed by Tagg Romney, not Mitt Romney. Mitt just apparently provided the money for the arrangement.

Hopefully this will dissuade you from saying that abortion is murder. If it is, after all, you're implicating Mitt Romney in a contract killing.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Night Strike on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:02 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Night Strike wrote:The contract was signed by Tagg Romney, not Mitt Romney. Mitt just apparently provided the money for the arrangement.

Hopefully this will dissuade you from saying that abortion is murder. If it is, after all, you're implicating Mitt Romney in a contract killing.

Amazing how far you will stretch your hatred for conservatism.
Major Night Strike

Postby Juan_Bottom on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:49 pm

I laughed.

Postby Woodruff on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Amazing how far you will stretch your hatred for conservatism.

The irony...it's thick!

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,