Conquer Club

Battle Royale & Teammate Medal

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Battle Royale & Teammate Medal

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:28 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:Just make it that you can only be in one battle royal at a time --then the 30 day wait is not a factor

Battle Royales are still in an early phase, so we may in the future change the frequency of how many BRs a player can be in. I know I'd like to see more!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby IcePack on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:40 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:Just make it that you can only be in one battle royal at a time --then the 30 day wait is not a factor

Battle Royales are still in an early phase, so we may in the future change the frequency of how many BRs a player can be in. I know I'd like to see more!

--Andy

I signed up for a BR, I don't mind waiting the 30 days. Why does it hide current games being signed up? I'd like to see what those settings are that I'm missing out on to know how long I do / might have to wait.

Along those lines, it would be GREAT if there were listed "these games are waiting for sign ups" and "these games and settings will sign up NEXT" so I know whether or not I'd rather wait.
I don't want to sign up for a game just to have my fav settings come out next, or think they will come out next and end up waiting constantly for a game / setting series that never gets picked....

IcePack

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Sniper08 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:02 pm

can the new tag be removed from the tab plz its starting to become a eyesore
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lackattack on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Okay, I removed the new tag :-)
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Dibbun on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:50 pm

You recently joined a Battle Royale. Please come back in 9 days.

fffffuuuuuuuu
nagerous wrote:Dibbun is a well known psychotic from the forums

Army of GOD wrote:Congrats to Dibbun, the white jesus, and all of his mercy and forgiveness.

Jdsizzleslice wrote: So you can crawl back to whatever psychosocial nutjob hole you came from.
Lieutenant Dibbun

Postby jmj19 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:17 pm

The Team Medals is great, and I like the Battle Royal game. If I may make a suggestion, once a player is eliminated from a BR game, s/he should be allowed to enter a new one immediately (I have to wait 10 days to play another after I was killed).
And different maps.
Other than that, great stuff.
Private 1st Class jmj19

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:18 pm

We will continue to evaluate how often Battle Royales can be played, this is sort of our first test! In regards to different maps, the Carographer Team will soon be working on some Foundry information for mapmakers that want to take on creating a Battle Royale map, so hopefully we'll eventually get some map flavor added!

--Andy

Postby IcePack on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:23 pm

My BR suggestions list:
Play for a BR medal not points
Show the next upcoming BR settings
Allow sign up after elimination

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby jmj19 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:57 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:We will continue to evaluate how often Battle Royales can be played, this is sort of our first test! In regards to different maps, the Carographer Team will soon be working on some Foundry information for mapmakers that want to take on creating a Battle Royale map, so hopefully we'll eventually get some map flavor added!

--Andy

Sounds good to me. Thanks.
Private 1st Class jmj19

Postby D4 Damager on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Points won is capped at 100 per losing player. 52 players. So in a standard game, the theoretical max win is 5100 points, is this correct? I mean, someone right at the lower end of the scoreboard could jump to Conqueror with one win. That'd be pretty funny :-)
Colonel D4 Damager

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Battle Royale victory medal suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=535&t=161138&p=3852636#p3852636

What should any medal look like?

--Andy

Postby silversun6 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:41 pm

any chance you make some of the battle royal with rank limit?
playing such big game with cooks makes it random...
Colonel silversun6

Postby docchaos on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:04 am

nicarus wrote:could you do the same thing with game finder as you did with join a game. :)

Apparently this hasn't even been comented on so far. I'd pretty much like that too, since I always use the game finder to join games.

And while we're talking about the game finder: Could you please add the Colosseum map to the game finder? Or is there any other way to find BR games and I'm just too stupid to see it?
Major docchaos

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:51 am

docchaos wrote:
nicarus wrote:could you do the same thing with game finder as you did with join a game. :)

Apparently this hasn't even been comented on so far. I'd pretty much like that too, since I always use the game finder to join games.

And while we're talking about the game finder: Could you please add the Colosseum map to the game finder? Or is there any other way to find BR games and I'm just too stupid to see it?

Colosseum is indeed an option in the game finder map picklist, towards the bottom. It is a 'Closed' map (since it isn't open to publicly created games).

You can also search for Battle Royale games using the Game Finder's 'tournament' finder, by say searching for 'lackattack' as an organizer, or 'Battle Royale' as the name of the tournament.

But simply clicking on the Battle Royale link is the easiest if you are looking to join a game!

--Andy

Postby chapcrap on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:53 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
docchaos wrote:

Colosseum is indeed an option in the game finder map picklist, towards the bottom. It is a 'Closed' map (since it isn't open to publicly created games).

You can also search for Battle Royale games using the Game Finder's 'tournament' finder, by say searching for 'lackattack' as an organizer, or 'Battle Royale' as the name of the tournament.

But simply clicking on the Battle Royale link is the easiest if you are looking to join a game!

--Andy

That really won't get you all the BR games. Just the BR games since the update. Past BR games need to be found too!!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=174346
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:14 pm

His question seemed to be only about the new BRS, not old! :) :D

--Andy

Postby agentcom on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Seems like every time I've checked lately, the games have been Terminator. Is that just how it's randomly turned out or is there some kind of problem that's causing terminator games to be produced at a higher rate?

Edit: Now that I think about it, I don't think that I've ever seen assassin. Aren't all the settings in play and it's just randomly chosen which ones get picked?

Edit2: Of course, maybe the games have been slow to fill and I've been seeing the same ones every time I check in.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:04 pm

agentcom wrote:Seems like every time I've checked lately, the games have been Terminator. Is that just how it's randomly turned out or is there some kind of problem that's causing terminator games to be produced at a higher rate?

Edit: Now that I think about it, I don't think that I've ever seen assassin. Aren't all the settings in play and it's just randomly chosen which ones get picked?

Edit2: Of course, maybe the games have been slow to fill and I've been seeing the same ones every time I check in.

I think lack set it such that there's one Terminator and one Standard. Assassin would be too broken.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby chapcrap on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
agentcom wrote:Seems like every time I've checked lately, the games have been Terminator. Is that just how it's randomly turned out or is there some kind of problem that's causing terminator games to be produced at a higher rate?

I think lack set it such that there's one Terminator and one Standard. Assassin would be too broken.

-Sully

I'm pretty sure this is correct. I believe there is one of each. I may be wrong about that.

Assassin would be bad on a game like this though.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:18 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:I think lack set it such that there's one Terminator and one Standard. Assassin would be too broken.

-Sully

When I looked, it was 2 Terminator. Perhaps they are set to alternate. Maybe I was looking at the same games for a while and it just so happened that both ones were up as Term. I see that right now there is 1 Std and 1 Terminator

Upon further thought, that's probably what it is. If it was ALWAYS 1 Term and 1 Std, then unless both games filled at the exact same time, either the FS or Seq game would ALWAYS be Term or ALWAYS be Std and the other one would be the opposite.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:09 pm

agentcom wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:I think lack set it such that there's one Terminator and one Standard. Assassin would be too broken.

-Sully

When I looked, it was 2 Terminator. Perhaps they are set to alternate. Maybe I was looking at the same games for a while and it just so happened that both ones were up as Term. I see that right now there is 1 Std and 1 Terminator

Upon further thought, that's probably what it is. If it was ALWAYS 1 Term and 1 Std, then unless both games filled at the exact same time, either the FS or Seq game would ALWAYS be Term or ALWAYS be Std and the other one would be the opposite.

Yes, that's it.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Neil Champion on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:07 am

Any chance for a password?
Neil
Private Neil Champion

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:22 am

Neil Champion wrote:Any chance for a password?
Neil

You don't need one.

You can join one Battle Royale every 30 days. No password needed. Just click in the Area where it says Battle Royale on the left side-menu.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby agentcom on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Unless the standard spots are going like hot cakes, I don't think that the BRs are alternating anymore. I looked last night and there were a couple Terminator games with only a few spots left. I looked this evening and it looks like one of the terminator games was replaced with another terminator game.

If it is the case that the standard ones are going that fast, then maybe standard should be offered more often. If it's just that it's stuck on terminator that needs to be fixed.
Colonel agentcom

Postby agentcom on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:11 pm

agentcom wrote:Unless the standard spots are going like hot cakes, I don't think that the BRs are alternating anymore. I looked last night and there were a couple Terminator games with only a few spots left. I looked this evening and it looks like one of the terminator games was replaced with another terminator game.

If it is the case that the standard ones are going that fast, then maybe standard should be offered more often. If it's just that it's stuck on terminator that needs to be fixed.

I looked at the most recent terminator games and 9 out of 12 have been terminator. Something is broken if this is supposed to be alternating.

Out of all the games 73 have been Terminator and only 19 have been standard. Even if the system was just choosing between the two randomly, that makes no sense.
Colonel agentcom

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives