Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:14 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.

Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.

unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote

How do you not take it seriously? Sarcasm doesnt transfer over the computer, so the only thing I can assume (not knowing Jonty's play too well) is that he was actually serious and was skimming. Nothing in there says sarcasm except that we are in the joke voting stage.

in what way can jonty's post be taken seriously? specially on the first posts of the vote stage..
the fact that the prison in batman's universe and the city in this game have the same name is a pure coincidence and irrelevant, even if they were related why would the mod from another game know more than others because of that? I didn' think i'd have to explain it..
Major betiko

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:16 pm

@ ghostly ... I think the word pathetic should be used sparingly.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:17 pm

But I do know more....
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:20 pm

lord voldemort wrote:But I do know more....

please share!! :D
Major betiko

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:23 pm

betiko wrote:

Noh!
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby rishaed on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:51 pm

betiko wrote:

QFT
FOS CM5 Why wouldn't you want him to share? ;) Unless you two are scum buddies :P
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:12 am

rishaed wrote:
betiko wrote:

QFT
FOS CM5 Why wouldn't you want him to share? ;) Unless you two are scum buddies :P

FOS CM5 for having a buddy.

=(
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:17 am

rishaed wrote:
betiko wrote:
QFT
My knowledge of Lovecraft's is mostly limited to general themes rather than any specific details, but I do believe that this universe contains certain truths which are best not to know.
pancakemix wrote:
spiesr wrote:Alright, just one week for Day 1, so we had better get moving. The problem is, where to start?
Anybody got and idea what we are up against?
Presumably, mind-destroying aliens who are worshiped as gods by cultists the world over.
I was more asking how this manifests in gameplay.
Captain spiesr

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:31 am

pancakemix wrote:
spiesr wrote:Alright, just one week for Day 1, so we had better get moving. The problem is, where to start?
Anybody got and idea what we are up against?
Presumably, mind-destroying aliens who are worshiped as gods by cultists the world over.
I was more asking how this manifests in gameplay.[/quote]
Well, we can safely presume that there are some very powerful roles in this game. However, we know its balanced by a team of professional balancers (or something) so this probably means that the powerful roles have one or two GLARING weaknesses. We can also (fairly safely) assume there is at least one 3rd Party, as boiling the entire Lovecraftian-verse down to "good" vs "evil" seems rather difficult, as well as being completely against Lovecraft's original intent himself (he believed that there was no good and evil; rather, the other beings of our universe are so completely different from humans that there is not way we could understand their moral guidelines and goals - rather a case of Blue and Orange morality, if you're familiar with that term). So, more than two groups of people, perhaps even four or five.

Just some things to think about. Its too damn late for me to do anything more until tomorrow.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby soundman on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:43 am

Vote Rodion! He's always scum. ;)

I also know nothing about Lovecraft. I read the wiki page on him but that was it.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:58 am

yeah this is really weird, i don't know if there is mafia as such (witches?), but i think kanin is probably right i think there will be more than 1 third party group
Major betiko

Postby edocsil on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:32 am

URG, So much time spent ignoring Stickies, now I need to keep tabs on one.

Anyhow, yeah.

betiko wrote:yeah this is really weird, i don't know if there is mafia as such (witches?), but i think kanin is probably right i think there will be more than 1 third party group

Many 3rd parties is going to be the way I think. See Com9's last mafia for my best guess.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby jonty125 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:50 am

ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.

Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.

How do you not take it seriously? Sarcasm doesnt transfer over the computer, so the only thing I can assume (not knowing Jonty's play too well) is that he was actually serious and was skimming. Nothing in there says sarcasm except that we are in the joke voting stage.

So, you quote betiko instead of me, and call me a skimmer? :-s
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby edocsil on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:02 pm

jonty125 wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:

Ghostly look up the word Kairos. It's a big deal to know what the timing and context of a situation is, and Jonty's vote is an obvious joke because of it. The joke transferred just fine, it's that you don't know you mythology so well. Arkham in Batman was stolen from older legends that are referenced in Lovecraftian stuff. Jonty is in jest claiming both Arkhams as the same entity. This is an obvious fallacy, and a decent joke.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby rishaed on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:05 pm

edocsil wrote:URG, So much time spent ignoring Stickies, now I need to keep tabs on one.

Anyhow, yeah.

betiko wrote:yeah this is really weird, i don't know if there is mafia as such (witches?), but i think kanin is probably right i think there will be more than 1 third party group

Many 3rd parties is going to be the way I think. See Com9's last mafia for my best guess.

Mafia and Cult are in game fo sure. However I'm not sure if its town as a collective or 3rd party roles. Either way Scum needs to die along w/ CL.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby rishaed on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Oh and jak? You really shouldn't vote yourself :D
lordvoldemort wrote:rishaed is replacing jak111 effective immediately.

Because in a round about way you really are voting yourself :D just in another game :roll: :lol: :lol:

Postby ghostly447 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:27 pm

jonty125 wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:

Can we please just think about this for a second? If it is sooo obvious you meant it as a joke, how is it not sooo obvious that I used that as what I thought regarding the post? In other words, going off the words you posted I figured you were skimming.

Edoc, different minds think different things. I understand that it could have been sarcasm, but if you have played a game with me (and you have played plenty) you should know that I am rather quick to not let something get dropped too quickly. It doesnt help that I am just coming back so anything sets me off (refer to the other game I am in, Batman). I am just trying to readjust back to my normal playing, and with that I Unvote Jonty.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Commander9 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Rodion wrote:I don't know much, but back in the day I was into standard RPGs (D&D, Gurps, Vampire the Masquerade...) there was a not-so-famous-but-pretty-admired one called Call of Cthullu. I got to play it once in an event. You basically play with run-of-the-mill humans and invariably you either die or survive and lose your sanity (so I've been told).

I know this game was based in Lovecraft's work, but I don't know much about it, nor how vast his work is besides Cthullu.

Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

Vote Commander9.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:34 pm

I was sarcastic...I know nothing...Jon Snow
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby elonpuckhog on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:38 pm

unvote

I really don't have anything to add to the discussion at this point, but I don't want to be inactive in this game. I'll rescind my joke vote and continue to monitor the thread.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:49 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:unvote

I really don't have anything to add to the discussion at this point, but I don't want to be inactive in this game. I'll rescind my joke vote and continue to monitor the thread.
Hmm, in order give us some more stuff to discuss and to keep you involved I am going to ask you some questions. You can respond however you wish, but note that your reaction will color my opinion of you for the rest of the game.
1. Do you think this game has a traditional scum faction?
2. Do you think this game has a cult?
3. What do you make of these rule details:
/ wrote:5. Once I post your death scene, you may not speak in the thread at all unless I say otherwise, goodbye messages are not allowed at all in this game for certain reasons.
7. Night talk is not permitted at all in this game for certain reasons

4. What do you think is the most important thing for you to do
A: in this game
B: and on Day 1 on specifically
in order to achieve your win condition?
Captain spiesr

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:30 pm

rishaed wrote:
edocsil wrote:URG, So much time spent ignoring Stickies, now I need to keep tabs on one.

Anyhow, yeah.

Mafia and Cult are in game fo sure. However I'm not sure if its town as a collective or 3rd party roles. Either way Scum needs to die along w/ CL.

Well, I wouldn't say we know the cult are in the game. Are you saying you KNOW cult is in the game?

unvote vote rishaed
Captain safariguy5

Postby / on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Vote Count:

spiesr (1) - LSU Tiger Josh
ghostly447 (2) - jonty125, betiko
vodean (1) - lord voldemort
rishaed (3) - crazymilkshake5 , safariguy5, jak111
edocsil (1) - Iron Butterfly
thehippo8 (1) - Count Belisle
Rodion (2) - rishaed, soundman

With 26 alive it takes 12 to lynch

In other news, a bunch of your votes aren't bolded, I don't really care as long as it's obvious they are votes and I notice them, so whatever.

deadline Wednesday
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:00 pm

/ wrote:Vote Count:

spiesr (1) - LSU Tiger Josh
ghostly447 (2) - jonty125, betiko
vodean (1) - lord voldemort
rishaed (3) - crazymilkshake5 , safariguy5, jak111
edocsil (1) - Iron Butterfly
thehippo8 (1) - Count Belisle
Rodion (2) - rishaed, soundman

With 26 alive it takes 12 to lynch

In other news, a bunch of your votes aren't bolded, I don't really care as long as it's obvious they are votes and I notice them, so whatever.

deadline Wednesday

+commander and rodion who both voted commander, might be some other misses. anyway since they are all jokevotes..
Major betiko

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:22 pm

We need 14 votes for a lynch.

Several people have either not posted or have posted minimally. This is a big game and i am sure people will fall through the cracks. I suggest we put pressure on those inactive/submarining.

We could also follow Spiesr's line to get the most people involved.
Captain Iron Butterfly

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives