Conquer Club

the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby greenoaks on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:36 am

what is the point of the collapse button that appears under the medals in our posts ?

it only collapses the individual post, not all posts or even all posts by that user

why is collapsed not the default with the expand button then showing beneath our usernames ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Re: the collapse button for medals [in BoB]

Postby sherkaner on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:54 pm

If you have small avatars on (in BoB site options), it will be collapsed by default.
And I just kept the option because it was there already, don't use it that much actually.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby lilrvrgrl on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:40 pm

sherkaner wrote:If you have small avatars on (in BoB site options), it will be collapsed by default.
And I just kept the option because it was there already, don't use it that much actually.

Awesome! Thank you!
Sergeant 1st Class lilrvrgrl
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nietzsche on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:46 pm

is it possible to modify bob so that i can have normal avatars and collapsed medals ?
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:47 pm

nevermind lol
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Actually, it would be great to be able to only hide the medals, leave everything else there...
General nietzsche

Postby greenoaks on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:09 pm

nietzsche wrote:Actually, it would be great to be able to only hide the medals, leave everything else there...

that would be good
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby ender516 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:57 pm

So you would still see the number of posts, and the join date?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby greenoaks on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:02 pm

ender516 wrote:So you would still see the number of posts, and the join date?

and location and total medals
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby agentcom on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:25 pm

greenoaks wrote:

That would seem to make sense. I'm surprised that wasn't the way it was set up in the first place.
Colonel agentcom

Postby ender516 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:26 pm

agentcom wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

That would seem to make sense. I'm surprised that wasn't the way it was set up in the first place.

Well, a quick inspection tells me that it is non-trivial to distinguish the elements displaying medals from the elements displaying the text: they are all of the class DD, while the username and rank insignia appear in a DT element. So the current collapse button just hides all the DD objects in that part of the page.

Postby greenoaks on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:04 am

ender516 wrote:Well, a quick inspection tells me that it is non-trivial to distinguish the elements displaying medals from the elements displaying the text: they are all of the class DD, while the username and rank insignia appear in a DT element. So the current collapse button just hides all the DD objects in that part of the page.

could someone translate this into english
Last edited by ender516 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing the quote code
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby ender516 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:44 am

greenoaks wrote:
ender516 wrote:Well, a quick inspection tells me that it is non-trivial to distinguish the elements displaying medals from the elements displaying the text: they are all of the class DD, while the username and rank insignia appear in a DT element. So the current collapse button just hides all the DD objects in that part of the page.

As far as a script goes, the lines beneath your name over there on the right are hard to tell apart, so hiding the lines with pictures of medals without hiding, say, the location line is not so easy to do.

Postby nietzsche on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:34 pm

ender516 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

As far as a script goes, the lines beneath your name over there on the right are hard to tell apart, so hiding the lines with pictures of medals without hiding, say, the location line is not so easy to do.

Does that mean it's not gonna happen or do you see some way to do it?
General nietzsche

Postby ender516 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:44 pm

nietzsche wrote:
ender516 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Well, I guess the question is how to change it without removing the existing functionality that some users may prefer. Do you have any suggestions as to how it might look? Two buttons, "Collapse Medals" and "Collapse All"? Perhaps a third, "Collapse Text"?

Postby nietzsche on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:56 am

ender516 wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
ender516 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Well, I guess the question is how to change it without removing the existing functionality that some users may prefer. Do you have any suggestions as to how it might look? Two buttons, "Collapse Medals" and "Collapse All"? Perhaps a third, "Collapse Text"?

The only thing I would like to collapse are the medals, those are the ones that take up space depending on the user, making posts to have a lot of blank space unnecessarily.

So maybe when you put Small Avatars On that's the only thing that would be collapsed, I don't see the need to collapse the rest. Or maybe the Small Avatars Option could have 3 possible settings: Normal, Small and Tiny.

As you say the reason to hide the text as well as the medals is because it's easier to code, as they come together.

The ones that take up space are the medals, specially with some users, make threads unnecessarily longer, the text doesn't. And the text is useful.
General nietzsche

Postby greenoaks on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:12 am

what he said so well. =D>
Sergeant greenoaks

Return to Tools Suggestions