Conquer Club

Romney was Better than Obama

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Romney is Better than Obama

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:Its the Green Party that is being stupid, not me that has somehow "sold out".

You have. There's not any question of that, to be honest. Your views do not align with Obama, yet you are voting for him because you want to be on the winning team.

My views don't align with the Green Party, either.

Correct. You're just another Democrat. You should stop pretending otherwise.

I have registered literally all over the ticket.. including Liberaterian, Green, Democratic, Republican, independent. I make no secret of being currently registered Democratic.. or that I register based on the primary ticket I wish to vote in. In this case, I registered based on some lower election battles and wanting to be able to validate an acquantances candidacy to the school board. (though I suspect she could have gotten enough signatures without mine, but still...)

If you consider that an insult.. go for it. My voting registration is a practical matter, not an idealism statement.
Last edited by PLAYER57832 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:49 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:The Green Party puts forward a whole platform of idealistic, non-workable ideas.

Which of their ideas are "non-workable?"

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=179904&start=45
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:54 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:The Green Party puts forward a whole platform of idealistic, non-workable ideas.

Which of their ideas are "non-workable?"

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=179904&start=45

From 1776-2001 there was no Patriot Act. Ending it is "un-workable"?

From 1776-Present Day (in many places) elections were/are held with paper ballots. Reintroducing/maintaining them is "un-workable"?

Making election day a national holiday is "un-workable?"

Ending fossil fuel subsidies is "un-workable"?

Until 2001 the U.S. didn't slaughter children with Hellfire missiles. Stopping slaughtering them is "un-workable"?

You're either a lunatic or a sociopath.

Player wrote:On the other hand, if you are so heavily Green.. why are you still teaching ROTC. Or are you unaware that being anti-military is a big stance of theirs?

What a blisteringly simpleton statement. The Green Party is against slaughtering Arab children and wiping out all life on Earth with nuclear weapons. The pauper's phrase you banged out "being anti-military is a big stance of theirs" is not a fact-based assertion. Anti-war and anti-military are two different things.
Last edited by saxitoxin on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:05 pm

response to saxi moved to green party thread.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:09 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:response to saxi moved to green party thread.

I'm not going to chase you around from thread to thread playing grab ass. Defend the statement you made in this thread - "The Green Party puts forward a whole platform of idealistic, non-workable ideas." - in this thread or don't bother.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:26 pm

saxitoxin wrote:What kind of conservative are you?

http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_type_of_co ... _are_you_3

No thank you, Bash of Batoristan.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby MeDeFe on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:45 pm

Heh, there's a even a category for "lunatic".

show
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby john9blue on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:30 pm

to be fair to player and scotty, voting for obama/romney is justifiable ONLY IF you live in a close swing state, and you believe that one candidate is significantly better than the other (even though they are both inferior to third-party options)
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:08 pm

john9blue wrote:to be fair to player and scotty, voting for obama/romney is justifiable ONLY IF you live in a close swing state, and you believe that one candidate is significantly better than the other (even though they are both inferior to third-party options)

of course the 3rd party candidates don't compare. If Ralph Nader were running, I would be voting for him. The biggest difference is that people know who Nader is, and that he is running. If a candidate like Stein etc, has the best ideas in the world and let just say ALL the answers, what good does it do though if 99% of voters have never even heard the name or even know she is running?

You probably remember during the Primary process, the importance I repeatedly stressed about voting in the Caucuses and Primaries. That was the time for candidates to make their moves and organize and get their names out there. Gary Johnson lasted through 1 Republican debate out of 13 or more, and that is probably why he is the most popular out of the 3rd party candidates (people have at least heard of him) and he is running on the Libertarian ticket.

I would rather write in Ron Paul's name than vote for a 3rd party candidate in 2012, and that is saying a lot because I know they do not even count the write ins.....
Last edited by Phatscotty on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby thegreekdog on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:12 pm

Yay! I'm a Libertarian.

According to the U.S. Libertarian Party, libertarianism is the advocacy of a government that is funded voluntarily and limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence. In the United States people commonly associate the term libertarian with those who have "economically conservative" and "socially liberal" political views (going by the common meanings of "conservative" and "liberal" in the United States). Prominent libertarians include Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party) and Ron Paul (Republican Party).
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:46 pm

So, Obama is in the white house, and you guys aren't going to try to kick him out?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:29 pm

Phatscotty wrote:of course the 3rd party candidates don't compare. If Ralph Nader were running, I would be voting for him. The biggest difference is that people know who Nader is, and that he is running.

I don't believe that for a moment. At this point, Gary Johnson has almost the name recognition that Ralph Nader did.

Phatscotty wrote:I would rather write in Ron Paul's name than vote for a 3rd party candidate in 2012, and that is saying a lot because I know they do not even count the write ins.....

That doesn't even make basic sense.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:30 pm

Phatscotty wrote:So, Obama is in the white house, and you guys aren't going to try to kick him out?

Obama is in the White House and you're trying to re-elect him (in sheep's clothing).
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Mitt Romney is the only one who has a real chance to stop Obama.

Major Phatscotty

Postby MudPuppy on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Phatscotty wrote:So, Obama is in the white house, and you guys aren't going to try to kick him out?

Nah.... I'm too old to take up parkour:

Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:56 am

Phatscotty wrote:Mitt Romney is the only one who has a real chance to stop Obama.

Mitt Romney is Obama.

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:45 am

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Mitt Romney is the only one who has a real chance to stop Obama.

Mitt Romney is Obama.

then I guess the only difference is skin color. Seems to be enough for millions of Obama supporters....
Major Phatscotty

Postby MeDeFe on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Mitt Romney is Obama.

then I guess the only difference is skin color. Seems to be enough for millions of Obama supporters....

Well, the USA do have a history of suppressing redskins, so it's not surprising if many people are racists and prefer voting for a blueskin like Obama, even though there're no big differences between the two candidates' policies.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:48 pm

Scott, the urgent nature of the scenario with which you've presented us seems to indicate an unusual and historic emergency will exist if Obama is elected.

For purposes of discussion, if Obama is elected, what specific actions will you take in the one or two years following election day?
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:25 pm

I would shoot and bury all the kittens and puppies in no particular order, so that they can be spared from the impending doom and utter devastation of the Obama Oh Noes End Times.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby tzor on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:05 pm

Woodruff wrote:I don't believe that for a moment. At this point, Gary Johnson has almost the name recognition that Ralph Nader did.

Fascinating. If only because Ralph Nader had a lot of name recognition even among those who didn't vote for him. He had infinitely more media coverage.
Cadet tzor

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Mitt Romney is Obama.

You've been asked many times to point out five differences, and thus far you have not been able to do so. Does that mean you admit to being a racist?

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:04 pm

Woodruff, he has already openly stated that the rhetoric a candidate uses is more important to him than the policies they pursue. There's no use debating anything political with him after that.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:12 pm

saxitoxin wrote:Scott, the urgent nature of the scenario with which you've presented us seems to indicate an unusual and historic emergency will exist if Obama is elected.

For purposes of discussion, if Obama is elected, what specific actions will you take in the one or two years following election day?

Ron Paul 2016!
Major Phatscotty

Postby Symmetry on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:18 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:Scott, the urgent nature of the scenario with which you've presented us seems to indicate an unusual and historic emergency will exist if Obama is elected.

Ron Paul 2016!

He's 77 already.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,