Conquer Club

[Forum] Usergroup Leader Powers

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Usergroup Leader Powers

Postby tkr4lf on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:11 pm

So, what's up with this? It's now March 21st... did lack do the update? And did the update allow for this?
Major tkr4lf

Postby laughingcavalier on Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Good question. Methinks this o
ne is overdue
Major laughingcavalier

Postby soundman on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:46 pm

Hello? Anyone out there?
Lieutenant soundman

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:52 am

I see what you did there Blake. You implying something ;)? Hint hint Nudge nudge... wink wink?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby blakebowling on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:10 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:I see what you did there Blake. You implying something ;)? Hint hint Nudge nudge... wink wink?

It's possible with the latest version of phpBB, it's just when lack gets around to installing, and then the permissions need to be tested out.
Private blakebowling

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Is this an actual feature of the latest phpBB update, Blake? I didn't recall it looking over their recent feature list, but I might have missed it.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby blakebowling on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:47 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Is this an actual feature of the latest phpBB update, Blake? I didn't recall it looking over their recent feature list, but I might have missed it.

--Andy

You have to actually assign the permissions to the group leaders manually, however the problems with moderators having too much access is solved with this update.
Private blakebowling

Postby kmhebert on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:50 am

Hi, how do you unsticky a forum thread?
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 pm

kmhebert wrote:Hi, how do you unsticky a forum thread?

Whoever made the first post needs to edit that post. There will be an option to unsticky there.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby soundman on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:03 pm

blakebowling wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:I see what you did there Blake. You implying something ;)? Hint hint Nudge nudge... wink wink?

It's possible with the latest version of phpBB, it's just when lack gets around to installing, and then the permissions need to be tested out.

Well now that we have new leadership can this finally get done?
Lieutenant soundman

Clan forum adjustments

Postby BADPAT on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Clan forum adjustments

Concise description:
  • Implement 3 or 4 subforums in clan forums
  • Give clanleaders and/or co-leaders limited MOD powers in their own clan forums

Specifics/Details:
  • Similair like the international language forums look like

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will not benefit the site in general but it does benefit the 1000 or so members who are part of a clan.
  • It will give clanleaders 'THE" tool to organise their clanforums better.
  • If for some reason a post needs to be editted, only that member that posted it can do this, wich is a problem if that member has left your clan. Off course we could contact a offical CC MOD and put in a request to do it for us but with all respect for the MODS i dont want a official CC MOD that also happens to be a member of one of the other clans in my forums.
  • Promises have been made several times by both twill and lack for over five years to the clan communty but so far nothing has been done.
    The first known thread is dated october 21st 2007 and can be found here http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=535&t=132777&start=0
  • More information about this subject can be found in both CLA as MOD forums. If needed i will sent the url's in a pm as not all CC members are able to see the CLA boards.
  • Take this sugestion serious for once and dont come up with the awnser thats its not possible to implement due of the used php version
Lieutenant BADPAT

Re: Clan forum adjustments

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:18 pm

I think I remember a clan usergroup panel in the pipeline somewhere. Maybe this can be a project to work on with a new programmer!

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby BADPAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:32 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:I think I remember a clan usergroup panel in the pipeline somewhere. Maybe this can be a project to work on with a new programmer!

BMO

To refresh your mememory take a look here http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=295&t=68031 or here http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=295&t=179310 Besides those there should be info in MOD forum itself.

TY

BADPAT
Lieutenant BADPAT

Postby agentcom on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:54 am

BADPAT wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:I think I remember a clan usergroup panel in the pipeline somewhere. Maybe this can be a project to work on with a new programmer!

BMO

To refresh your mememory take a look here http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=295&t=68031 or here http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=295&t=179310 Besides those there should be info in MOD forum itself.

TY

BADPAT

I am not authorized to view that forum ... strange. What was this supposed to link to Badpat? Is anyone else getting the same message?
Brigadier agentcom

Postby blakebowling on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:15 pm

agentcom wrote:
BADPAT wrote:

BMO

TY

BADPAT

I am not authorized to view that forum ... strange. What was this supposed to link to Badpat? Is anyone else getting the same message?

It's in the CLA forum I believe.
Private blakebowling

Postby BADPAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:30 pm

blakebowling wrote:
agentcom wrote:
BADPAT wrote:

BMO

TY

BADPAT

It's in the CLA forum I believe.

Thats correct Blake. Sorry agentcom i should have said so in my previous post. Both threads are about the same sugestions as the one i started and go all the way back to somewhere in 2008 or so one of those. Not sure if its the right way to check but ICEPACK can inform you as he is in the CLA :D .
Lieutenant BADPAT

Postby chapcrap on Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:23 pm

I remember this being talked about before (clan leaders having mod powers)... From my recollection, it is possible to make this happen with the phpBB that we have available. Maybe it didn't happen, because the powers that be were didn't trust the clan leaders to not be abusive.

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=535&t=132777
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby JCR on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 pm

soundman wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

PLEASE! If it is possible, we beg you!
Major JCR

Postby ScaryTeded on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:00 pm

Great suggestion BADPAT and may be at the right time with new management!!!!!

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

This will not benefit the site in general but it does benefit the 1000 or so members who are part of a clan.
It will give clan-leaders 'THE" tool to organize their clan-forums better.
If for some reason a post needs to be edited, only that member that posted it can do this, witch is a problem if that member has left your clan. Off course we could contact a offical CC MOD and put in a request to do it for us but with all respect for the MODS i don't want a official CC MOD that also happens to be a member of one of the other clans in my forums.
Promises have been made several times by both twill and lack for over five years to the clan community but so far nothing has been done.
The first known thread is dated October 21st 2007 and can be found here viewtopic.php?f=535&t=132777&start=0
More information about this subject can be found in both CLA as MOD forums. If needed i will sent the url's in a pm as not all CC members are able to see the CLA boards.
Take this suggestion serious for once and don't come up with the answer that's its not possible to implement due of the used php version

As you said this has been suggested many times before I`ll go with your dates since October 21st 2007 .
This will not benefit the site in general but it does benefit the 1000 or so members who are part of a clan.

Incorrect : it does benefit the site as we are active players and always bringing friends here for the fun I have brought at least 30 players since I have been here and a lot are in your Clan and LOTZ
with that being said , I am in full support of this ...
Teddy
Sergeant 1st Class ScaryTeded

Postby blakebowling on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:56 am

I'm currently reviewing logistics for exactly what can be accomplished within the current system. The way I see it now, I see this feature coming in wave updates (Most likely mod powers first, then subforums, then other features)
Private blakebowling

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:18 am

soundman wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

This has always been one of the Suggestions that I though would really help things move by more smoothly for all of Clans/Usergroups. No promises yet (as I don't want to break any :oops: ), but I'll be looking into not only this, but many other Suggestions soon for our Webmaster.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby agentcom on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:00 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
soundman wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

This has always been one of the Suggestions that I though would really help things move by more smoothly for all of Clans/Usergroups. No promises yet (as I don't want to break any :oops: ), but I'll be looking into not only this, but many other Suggestions soon for our Webmaster.

BMO

From what I'm seeing here and elsewhere, "no promises" is going to be our MO at least for a little while as we get everything sorted out. There's just too much going on and we're trying to figure out what the capacity of the system is and how we can best use that capacity. But I can say that the other moderators and new admin have been VERY supportive of the idea of getting some of these suggestions done. I'm sure I'm not alone in being in anxious anticipation to see how much positive change will actually be occurring around these parts (and across the website as a whole).
Brigadier agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:10 pm

This no promises BS is already making me mad!! :evil:

Someone make me some promises!! AND PANCAKES!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby greenoaks on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:00 pm

chapcrap wrote:This no promises BS is already making me mad!! :evil:

Someone make me some promises!! AND PANCAKES!

i had mini Dutch pancakes last night. 12 of them delivered with my pizzas.

Sergeant greenoaks

Re: [Forum] Usergroup Leader Powers

Postby spiesr on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:54 am

Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions