Conquer Club

FORWARD

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

FORWARD

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:10 am

... The Republic is finished. Already badly beaten for decades, the fatal blow landed November 6th 2012. We'll tell our grand kids what it was like. Let's pray we can survive now as a social democracy without a meaningful constitution, survive better than our European counterparts.

Dollar Falls as Obama Win Paves Way for Monetary Easing

The dollar dropped the most in a week against the euro on speculation Barack Obama’s re-election as president will boost chances the U.S. will maintain monetary stimulus policies that tend to weaken the greenback.

The U.S. currency fell versus all except two of its 16 major peers as Obama defeated Republican challenger Mitt Romney, who disagrees with current Federal Reserve policy. Obama now faces the so-called fiscal cliff, $600 billion in tax increases and spending cuts due to be implemented in 2013.

“Monetary policy will remain loose under Obama so the dollar will be sold,” said Michiyoshi Kato, senior vice president of foreign-currency sales at Mizuho Corporate Bank Ltd. in Tokyo. “Dollar selling may not last that long as the U.S. faces the fiscal cliff.”

=====

Treasury Quietly Warns: 'Expect Debt Limit to Be Reached Near End of 2012'

The U.S. Treasury quietly warned at the end of a statement issued last Wednesday that it expects the federal government to hit its legal debt limit before the end of this year--which means before the new Congress is seated--and that "extraordinary measures" will be needed before then to keep the government fully funded into the early part of 2013.

As of Oct. 31, according to the Daily Treasury Statement (DTS), the portion of the federal debt subject to the legal limit was $16,222,235,000,000--just $171.765 billion below the $16,394,000,000 debt limit.

In October alone, according to the DTS, the debt subject to the limit increased by $195.214 billion.

====

U.S. Debt Now $136,260 Per Household—Up 50%

Just since President Barack Obama was inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009, the debt has increased by $45,848 per household.

Americans under the age of 18 will inherit approximately $218,676 in national debt per individual.

====

New Obamacare Tax Form Mandates Americans Report Personal Health ID Info to IRS

When Obamacare’s individual mandate takes effect in 2014, all Americans who file income tax returns must complete an additional IRS tax form. The new form will require disclosure of a taxpayer’s personal identifying health information in order to determine compliance with the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate.

Simply put, there is no way for the IRS to enforce Obamacare’s individual mandate without such an invasive reporting scheme. Every January, health insurance companies across America will send out tax documents to each insured individual. This tax document—a copy of which will be furnished to the IRS—must contain sufficient information for taxpayers to prove that they purchased qualifying health insurance under Obamacare.

This new tax information document must, at a minimum, contain: the name and health insurance identification number of the taxpayer; the name and tax identification number of the health insurance company; the number of months the taxpayer was covered by this insurance plan; and whether or not the plan was purchased in one of Obamacare’s “exchanges.”

This will involve millions of new tax documents landing in mailboxes across America every January, along with the usual raft of W-2s, 1099s, and 1098s. At tax time, the 140 million families who file a tax return will have to get acquainted with a brand new tax filing form. Six million of these families will end up paying Obamacare’s individual mandate non-compliance tax penalty.

====

... What happens next?

... Amnesty (increase Democrat voter base, so as to maintain power indefinitely)

... Carbon taxes (turn carbon into cash-money)

... Tax hikes (that "fair share" thing, in spite of our wealthy being taxed more than any other class in the world)

... These are just guesses, but they make sense to my ultra-conservative mind. Of course I'm pissed off and bitter, but I believe the election was fair, and we get what we deserve, as a nation.

... Let's see what happens from here.

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Re: FORWARD

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 am

More women were elected to the Senate than ever, which was really great to see this election cycle. I hope this trend continues. And it was nice to see the marriage equality amendments finish the way they did in each of the 4 states.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Frigidus on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:54 pm

I officially give up. I will never understand the Obama hand wringing. He is pretty much George W Part 2, but I guess he's wearing the wrong team colors. Maybe everybody hates Obama for the same reason I hate Aaron Rodgers: that douche baggy touchdown dance.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Kang wrote:Tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby nagerous on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Celebrate good obama come on!
Captain nagerous

Postby codeblue1018 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:57 pm

This country is in serious trouble; we have now become weak in the eyes of countries abroad. There is a reason why middle east countries want Obama as president. Unfortunately, we haven't seen anything yet; these next four years will be history in the making. Our children will be forever in debt to the polices and practices of Obama. The word president will never be spoken of before Obama from my mouth.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:07 pm

codeblue1018 wrote:This country is in serious trouble; we have now become weak in the eyes of countries abroad. There is a reason why middle east countries want Obama as president. Unfortunately, we haven't seen anything yet; these next four years will be history in the making. Our children will be forever in debt to the polices and practices of Obama. The word president will never be spoken of before Obama from my mouth.

Just close your eyes and 8 years will never have happened.

thegreekdog wrote:
Kang wrote:Tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling.

TGD wins this thread with a Kang and Kodos reference.

If I may also quote the great Kang:

Kang wrote:Kang: Abortions for all.
[crowd boos]
Kang: Very well, no abortions for anyone.
[crowd boos]
Kang: Hmm... Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others.
[crowd cheers and waves miniature flags]

--Andy

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:34 pm

I came in here hoping Nobunaga would finally admit that he's moving from the ellipsis at the beginning of every sentence. Left disappointed.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:53 pm

forward....

Major Phatscotty

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:57 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:More women were elected to the Senate than ever, which was really great to see this election cycle. I hope this trend continues. And it was nice to see the marriage equality amendments finish the way they did in each of the 4 states.

--Andy

I call reverse discrimination!!!
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:09 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:More women were elected to the Senate than ever, which was really great to see this election cycle. I hope this trend continues.

--Andy

How far do you want it to continue? Until there are 100 women?
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Symmetry on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:12 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:More women were elected to the Senate than ever, which was really great to see this election cycle. I hope this trend continues.

--Andy

That's not what the founding fathers would have wanted!
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Symmetry wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

--Andy

That's not what the founding fathers would have wanted!

:lol:

Who cares about the founding fathers, I think they are irrelevant now days anyway. Whoever said that the US was a social democracy (may have been you Sym), I will wholeheartedly agree with now.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:34 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:

--Andy

the person does not matter. Only their sex, or the color of their skin.

race/gender/class = Progress!
Major Phatscotty

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:I came in here hoping Nobunaga would finally admit that he's moving from the ellipsis at the beginning of every sentence. Left disappointed.

>>> I'll make efforts.

>>>

Postby Symmetry on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:I came in here hoping Nobunaga would finally admit that he's moving from the ellipsis at the beginning of every sentence. Left disappointed.

>>> I'll make efforts.

>>>

I support your attempt to change. It's a first step.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

>>> I'll make efforts.

>>>

First step toward dropping the habit? Or a first step toward something else entirely?

(see, I REALLY feel the need here to type those three little dots here - it's like heroine, man)

Postby Symmetry on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

>>> I'll make efforts.

>>>

First step toward dropping the habit? Or a first step toward something else entirely?

(see, I REALLY feel the need here to type those three little dots here - it's like heroine, man)

Don't do it- you post a lot of stuff that I disagree with, and some interesting stuff too that challenges my views. Keep the dot usage in moderation. FORWARD!
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

>>> I'll make efforts.

>>>

Think about how much good you could do if you directed those efforts towards positive change :)
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:44 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

>>> I'll make efforts.

>>>

Think about how much good you could do if you directed those efforts towards positive change :)

You'd have to define that for me. I'm already pretty damned positive.

Postby Nobunaga on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:22 pm

Boeing announced a major restructuring of its defense division on Wednesday that will cut 30 percent of management jobs from 2010 levels, close facilities in California and consolidate several business units to cut costs.

The company told employees about the changes on Wednesday, in a memo obtained by Reuters and confirmed by Boeing.

Boeing, the Pentagon's second-largest supplier, said the changes were the latest step in an affordability drive that has already reduced the company's costs by $2.2 billion since 2010, according to the memo.

The measures come as U.S. weapons makers are under pressure to cut costs and preserve profit margins amid dwindling defense spending in the U.S.

Cut management jobs? Screw em'. (not union).

======

A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

(said the owner) the regulations for Obamacare are gonna hurt our business, and I’m gonna have to make provisions to make sure I have enough money to cover the payroll taxes, the additional health care I’m gonna have to do

=====

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said on Wednesday that if the $16.394 trillion current legal limit on the federal government's debt must be raised in the next few months by another $2.4 trillion, “We’ll raise it."

That would set the debt limit at $18.794 trillion.

Forward, people, forward. Did they pass a budget yet?

<Edit> Forgot to mention, the Air Force base very near where I live saw a 300 person job loss yesterday with the discontinuation of a program there. The local papers stated that expected increases in funding will not be coming. So there's another 300 to sign up for unemployment and food stamps. WooHoo!

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:44 pm

Nobunaga wrote:
<Edit> Forgot to mention, the Air Force base very near where I live saw a 300 person job loss yesterday with the discontinuation of a program there. The local papers stated that expected increases in funding will not be coming. So there's another 300 to sign up for unemployment and food stamps. WooHoo!

Not for nothing but I worked for the government for a spell and it will probably be more cost effective in the long run to have those 300 on unemployment than to keep their air force jobs. I am by no means condoning people losing their jobs but I feel like if those cuts were made, those people were most likely redundant/really not needed and would be more useful in the private sector where the market will determine their value.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Nobunaga on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:17 pm

Article wrote:After months of regulatory delays, the floodgates have apparently opened. The Health and Human Services Department delivered two major health reform rules to the Office of Management and Budget on Friday, the first in an anticipated stream of health regulation.

Many sources close to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services told National Journal that the administration had a number of important health rules ready to go but was holding them back until after the election to avoid a political backlash. Now that President Obama has been reelected, they predicted those rules would start emerging, and fast. The forecast is about right. We are now three days postelection.
The content of the two rules that have gone to OMB have not been made public, but both relate to the insurance exchanges that states must build to sell health plans in 2014. It is not a surprise that exchange rules came first: States must tell HHS whether they plan to build their own exchange or let the federal government do it for them by November 16, next Friday. Many state officials have been complaining that it’s tough to make that decision without more details about how the various options would work.

Options? You want options?! Hahahahahaha!!! Idiots. Do as you're told.

Article wrote:A record 70.4 million people were enrolled in the Medicaid health care program for the poor in fiscal year 2011, according to government figures provided to CNSNews.com.

That figure equals about 22 percent of the population, which means there was one person on Medicaid for every 5 Americans in 2011.

My doctor told me he would move to Australia if this happened. He seemed serious (well, his wife is from there, so maybe it's just a good excuse). No medicaid and federal caps for services in Australia?

Article wrote:A dead pig wrapped in a Mitt Romney t-shirt was found dumped at the South Bay Republican Party campaign office Thursday.

The carcass was found Thursday morning in the 3900 block of Highland Avenue, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The pig reportedly also had barbed wire wrapped around its head, the Times said.

Wait, I thought animal rights was the leftist thing? ... I'm getting confused. But isn't this typical Lib-Dem antics? Poor little pig. :cry:

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:57 am

Noba, there are crazy people everywhere. Just look at Ole Miss. ;)

--Andy

Postby Lootifer on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Nobunaga wrote: No medicaid and federal caps for services in Australia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_Australia

Public healthcare done in a sensible way (unlike Americas trainwreck).

Nobunga wrote:
A dead pig wrapped in a Mitt Romney t-shirt was found dumped at the South Bay Republican Party campaign office Thursday.

The carcass was found Thursday morning in the 3900 block of Highland Avenue, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The pig reportedly also had barbed wire wrapped around its head, the Times said.

Wait, I thought animal rights was the leftist thing? ... I'm getting confused. But isn't this typical Lib-Dem antics? Poor little pig. :cry:

Generalisations dont help your arguments ;) just sayin'
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,