Conquer Club

[Sugg] Categorize Suggestions by Genre into Subforums

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[Sugg] Categorize Suggestions by Genre into Subforums

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:00 am

Simply to add several new sub-forums where suggestions can be placed in appropriate categories e.g. game play, forum enhancements, member conduct, whatever (or probably "miscellaneous")

Makes it easier to scan a sub-forum to see if an issue has been raised in an area for members to add comments one way or the other or to see that their thoughts have already been covered by others.

I also note that a lot of archived rejected suggestions have no reasons for the rejection or that they are so old that what can and can't be done is likely to have changed over the course of 3/4/5 years and could well be brought back into current discussions.
Major Vid_FISO

Re: Suggestion for the Suggestions Forum

Postby agentcom on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Sub forums are an interesting option, but I think the most likely organizational feature will be an indexing post of some sort. I say this because it is one of the things that I am working on. This is one of the reasons why I've been doing a lot of merging and stickying of Archived Rejected Suggestions. But your idea is definitely something to consider. The main problem with either an index or subforum system would be figuring out what the proper categories would be.

As to your second post, I completely agree. I find that most of the rejected suggestions do have a reason somewhere in the thread. But sometimes there's a lot of "thread" there to look through to find it. I am not opposed to bringing suggestions back to "active" status if no good reason has been given for their rejection. But, to be honest, there are very few suggestions that have been rejected without a good reason. Perhaps it's a reason that one may disagree with, but there's usually a reason.

The good news is that we are trying to work on the causes of the issues that you point out. They are problems that don't make this forum the easiest to use.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Eh. I don't really think that's necessary. Especially with the organization that agentcom has been doing.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:09 am

Another thing that I should point out is that subfora tend to get disregarded. People seem to want everything right there on the first page rather than digging through different categories. That has been one of the complaints about the "Submitted Suggestions" subforum. Many people have made comments similar to "that's where the good suggestions go to die." If I could change human psychology, I would. But for now it seems easier to just change the organization of the forum. As much as I love logical, hierarchical systems, I'm not sure that's the direction that we will be heading.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:10 am

suggestion for the suggestion forum: implement suggestions
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby agentcom on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:15 am

Brigadier agentcom

Postby Vid_FISO on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:38 am

agentcom wrote:Another thing that I should point out is that subfora tend to get disregarded. People seem to want everything right there on the first page rather than digging through different categories. That has been one of the complaints about the "Submitted Suggestions" subforum. Many people have made comments similar to "that's where the good suggestions go to die." If I could change human psychology, I would. But for now it seems easier to just change the organization of the forum. As much as I love logical, hierarchical systems, I'm not sure that's the direction that we will be heading.

The forum where I live has 3 options to view posts that doesn't exist here - last 24/48/72 hours, I navigate almost solely by last 24 hours as I log in daily so the number of sub-forums is immaterial apart from from the tidiness viewpoint.
Major Vid_FISO

Return to Suggestions