Conquer Club

Admins picking and choosing how they feel about rulings

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Should the rules and punishments be more clearly outlined

Total votes : 0

Re: Admins picking and choosing how they feel about rulings

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:18 pm

To be fair, the Community Guidelines Table of contents at the end of the first posts lists: "Forum & General Rule Enforcement" which navigates you to the page where Ratings Abuse is discussed. The actual Rules page could be more clear, and if El Jefe and RDS choose to add more information to that page, power to them! :D

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby jltile1 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Denise wrote:A warning is a warning, not a punishment. Your friend was warned so now he knows what not to do and now he doesn't have to be punished for breaking a rule he doesn't know about.

Limiting the admins to being able to enforce only rules that are clearly stated in detail makes it too easy for players to use loopholes and disrupt the game. Admins ability to easily stop inappropriate behavior when it happens, even if there isn't a clearly stated rule about that behavior, makes the game and forums more enjoyable for all of us.

He is not saying any thing about limiting any mod from making a decision only based on a rule in place. But in this case, and about rating abuse it is not clear what the rule is. There has been people with pages and pages of one star ratings and they have been cleared. This guy has a few a is warned. Why is he not allowed to have his own opinion as others are givin free passes.

So what is the rule ? How many do you have to prove are unjustifed to get a warning or Even punishment . So now if we are using to rating system shouldn't one un justified rating be abuse of the system as one infraction would be against the rules and you would get a warning and eclilate from there. This part is just a question to everyone not you D.
Major jltile1

Postby blakebowling on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
blakebowling wrote:I'd like to make it clear that I am posting on behalf of myself, and not in an official capacity. This post is not an official view of CC by any means.

I honestly don't understand how ratings abuse is a punishable offense. Especially not for a global ban on the website. Sure if someone is always rating the same thing (beit 1 or 5), then block that person from using the ratings system. There is no reason to apply a website ban to someone who used a simple feature in a way not intended. If players can't give everyone 1's, then they shouldn't be able to rate everyone 5's either.

Just for clarification you won't get a website ban for ratings abuse. You can get ratings ban so you can't give ratings.

If this is the case, then I completely understand.

I still, personally, believe that the ratings are completely useless.
Private blakebowling

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:31 pm

blakebowling wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:
blakebowling wrote:I'd like to make it clear that I am posting on behalf of myself, and not in an official capacity. This post is not an official view of CC by any means.

I honestly don't understand how ratings abuse is a punishable offense. Especially not for a global ban on the website. Sure if someone is always rating the same thing (beit 1 or 5), then block that person from using the ratings system. There is no reason to apply a website ban to someone who used a simple feature in a way not intended. If players can't give everyone 1's, then they shouldn't be able to rate everyone 5's either.

Just for clarification you won't get a website ban for ratings abuse. You can get ratings ban so you can't give ratings.

If this is the case, then I completely understand.

I still, personally, believe that the ratings are completely useless.

Notice blake's rating? ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby KraphtOne on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Just so people know, these are the two cases that are being called into question. (look for my post on second page it discusses the second case)

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=239&t=180862
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Postby king achilles on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:13 pm

Lindax wrote:
king achilles wrote:I feel that the Community Guidelines is always forgotten or neglected:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7785

It's there but no one is looking.

Ouch. That's not a fair statement. I try to be up-to-date and informed about rules and regulations on any website I go to.

Hence, I have looked at the Community Guidelines many a time.

In your position KA, you should be the last to generalize.

Lx

Haha! Except for Lindax! Good for you! Someone takes time to read the guidelines afterall. =D>
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby Fewnix on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:33 pm

king achilles wrote:I feel that the Community Guidelines is always forgotten or neglected:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7785

It's there but no one is looking.

from the Welcome page of Whom or What (Wow).

How a rewrite of the front page putting something like this, and a few other things - clan tab, Foundry Guide , intro to SoC - to make everyone, visitors checking out this "risky" site, freemiums, Premiums0 , feel welcome and feel safe every time they come ot the site.

And to have fun.

Fewnix wrote:Welcome to Whom or What :

Whom or What makes ConquerClub a place to have fun, to learn and bond and win, with an emphasis on triples and quads games. Whom or What is open to all: freemium or premium, regardless of rank, rating or turns taken, membership in a Competitive Clan, race, creed, colour, gender or gender orientation.

Whom or What is subject to CC RULES http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=rules and COMMUNITY GUIDELINES viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7785
and is moderated in positive way, with the stress on Rule 1 Don't be intentionally annoying.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7785

The people at Conquer Club are wonderful and their work is often unappreciated and underpaid.. thank you. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

For help on any aspect of Conquer Club please try Help on your main menu or try here:
http://www.conquerclub.com/eticket/index.php

For great stuff on game play try Instructions on your main menu or go here:
http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... tructions1
start with Overview and please check out Taking a turn, GamplayNotes and the rest of the useful info on gameplay.

The Forum button on the Main Menu takes you to the Forum :lol: with lots of useful sub-fora. Of particular interest to many are the:

Strategy threads viewforum.php?f=58 and

Tools & Enhancements viewforum.php?f=526
p.s.. get Bob viewtopic.php?f=527&t=91386

To make an allegation of Cheating or Abse please follow due process as outlined here:
viewforum.php?f=5

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Open a new post and fill out the provided posting template.

Whom or What can be joined by going to your Personal Menu>>> Control Panel>>UserGroups and clicking the What or Whom Box.

:
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby Jippd on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:17 am

I agree with icepack that if someone was looking for rules on rating they would not be able to find it via the rules tab. This is one specific example of how the rules page could be improved.

I am not saying that the rules laid out in the forum are not good. I think that they should be more readily accessible and easy to navigate for the customers and people interested about what the rules really are. The expand/collapse function that is available for forum posts would be nice to see on the rules page so you could expand/contract the areas that you want to navigate and make it easier to navigate.

I also agree that the introductory letter as posted from the WOW page would be a good idea.

"Having stricter rules more clearly listed allows for people to use loopholes"
-Possibly but the rules could be amended to close these loopholes.
-Having less strict rules and more grey area allows for people to make decisions based on personal beliefs or wants as opposed to what should really be done in the effort of complete fairness and equality.

I also agree with whoever said I picked a poor example. I do want a discussion of the rules page and enforcement by mods overall. I have always thought that the rules page should be more clearly outlined this specific instance is just what caused me to make the op.
Major Jippd

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion