Conquer Club

Contraceptives: Universal Human Right?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Are Contraceptives a Universal Human Right?

Total votes : 0

Contraceptives: Universal Human Right?

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Seriously asking. Why or why not?
Last edited by Phatscotty on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Major Phatscotty

Re: Birth Control Pills: Universal Human Right?

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:05 pm

Do you mean access to birth control pills, or the very idea that there is such a thing as birth control pills in existence?

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby kentington on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:07 pm

I don't think it is a Universal Human Right.
I don't believe they are available for men yet. I would hate to see the side effects when they do.
Maybe there should be a thread to define Universal Human Rights and what types of things should qualify and then we can get into specifics.
Is having food provided a Universal Human Right? (Please don't get into the semantics of this one. I don't mean the ability to have food, but should it be provided for people and that provision protected)

Unless you are asking whether or not everyone should be allowed access to them? If that is the case then yes it is a Universal Human Right.

Edit: Dang it Andy
Bruceswar Ā» Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby Vartiovuori on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 pm

I think birth control in the form of pills is too specific to be called a right. I do believe that access to effective form of birth control* should be a right, however.

*Abstinence doesn't count.
Sergeant 1st Class Vartiovuori

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Vartiovuori wrote:I think birth control in the form of pills is too specific to be called a right. I do believe that access to effective form of birth control* should be a right, however.

*Abstinence doesn't count.

good point.

Lets change it to contraceptives
Major Phatscotty

Postby greenoaks on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Falcon Punches are cheaper and universally available

Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:47 pm

greenoaks wrote:Falcon Punches are cheaper and universally available

I bet BarackAttack comes out of retirement for this one....
Major Phatscotty

Re: Contraceptives: Universal Human Right?

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:02 pm

I need your definition of "universal human right" before I can answer your question.

You also need to answer Andy's question.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:06 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Do you mean access to birth control pills, or the very idea that there is such a thing as birth control pills in existence?

--Andy

"Access" can mean so many things. you'll have to define what access means, and how far it goes. for example: what if a birth control pill costs 1 billion dollars? or even 50$ per pill, per day, or even 20$.

the subject kinda got changed to contraceptives overall tho
Major Phatscotty

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:16 pm

Purely IMO, I would consider it an extension of the right of bodily integrity. As such, I would think it's probably a negative right (i.e. the government can't try to foil your attempts to get a French Tickler) but, IMO, not a positive right (i.e. the government is obliged to give you a French Tickler).
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby 2dimes on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:22 pm

saxitoxin wrote:Purely IMO, I would consider it an extension of the right of bodily integrity. As such, I would think it's probably a negative right (i.e. the government can't try to foil your attempts to get a French Tickler) but, IMO, not a positive right (i.e. the government is obliged to give you a French Tickler).

This is my position though I don't mind that the free clinics here hand out birth control. Isn't harming me any since they have the budget.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:24 pm

2dimes wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:Purely IMO, I would consider it an extension of the right of bodily integrity. As such, I would think it's probably a negative right (i.e. the government can't try to foil your attempts to get a French Tickler) but, IMO, not a positive right (i.e. the government is obliged to give you a French Tickler).

This is my position though I don't mind that the free clinics here hand out birth control. Isn't harming me any since they have the budget.

Do they have the budget?
Major Phatscotty

Postby 2dimes on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Currently they do. We're pretty much the "have" provence these days.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:32 pm

2dimes wrote:the free clinics here hand out birth control

French Ticklers? Either way, PM me the address. I have the Ryder for another 72 hours before it needs to be back.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby 2dimes on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:11 pm

Winona?!?

Just PM me when you're in town and we'll go for subs and grab some rubbers. I don't know if they give out fancys but they did have name brands. You can have my share.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:50 pm

U.N. Declares Contraception a ā€˜Universal Human Rightā€™ for ā€˜Women and Adolescentsā€™

Before the spring of 2012, birth control was not often considered a heated political topic. Turning on the television, one was far more likely to see an exchange over the Iraq war or the economy than impassioned protests for subsidized contraception.

That has since changed, however, and the ā€œwar on womenā€ is now an acceptable talking point. Not only that, but the United Nations has just solidified its own stance on the matter and declared access to contraception a ā€œuniversal human rightā€ for ā€œwomen and adolescents.ā€

It marks the first time the U.N. Population Fundā€™s annual report explicitly describes family planning as a right, arguing it could dramatically improve the lives of women and children in impoverished countries.

Apparently the legal, cultural and financial barriers to accessing contraception and other family planning measures are infringements upon womenā€™s ability to live freely.

It should be noted, however, that Wednesdayā€™s report isnā€™t binding and has no legal effect on national laws. However, many top figures in the current administration are supporters of the United Nations, and are much more likely to take guidance from such a body than many conservatives would like.

The global organization also says it plans to increase funding for family planning by a further $4.1 billion, which they think could save $11.3 billion annually in health bills in poor countries.

The United States is single largest contributor to the United Nations, paying roughly 22% of its $5.15 billion budget.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/u-n-dec ... olescents/
Major Phatscotty

Postby whitestazn88 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:01 am

Should not be a universal human right. I think the idea of contraceptives is abhorrent, as all it does is promote promiscuity for all segments of society. From little whores walking around from the age of, what, 8 now? To the foolish frat boys who put their cocks in everything? The reason things have gone downhill in the last 30-40 years is this idea that sexual love is greater than the love of self, family, and God. It's about time we kind of toned things down. I mean, if you look at how much sexuality is promoted by the mass media (most of it from those lib-tards in hollywood), it's just sickening.

I mean, I have never had sex, so maybe there's something I'm missing. But I would rather hold out and give myself fully to a person that I'll share my life with than run around putting my pecking in anything that moves, only to regret any physical consequences, but also the hollowness of that non-love sex session.
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:05 am

how the f*ck can contraceptives possibly be considered a right?

they're very important, but once you start throwing the word "right" around like this it'll just be made trivial.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby whitestazn88 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:09 am

Army of GOD wrote:how the f*ck can contraceptives possibly be considered a right?

they're very important, but once you start throwing the word "right" around like this it'll just be made trivial.

I think what AoG is trying to say is that he agrees with me. I wasn't necessarily saying contraceptives are bad in and of themselves, but the societal changes that would come from labeling them a universal human right, not to mention the societal degradation that has already occurred in the United States just from their wide distribution. It isn't enough that those liberals want to take away my freedom of religion, even though this is a GOD BLESSED NATION, but now they want to force their sex upon us too.
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby MeDeFe on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:41 am

Army of GOD wrote:how the f*ck can contraceptives possibly be considered a right?

PS's quote from theblaze.com says "access to contraceptives", however, which is not the same as simply saying "contraceptives".

If access to contraceptives is a UHR it can just mean that the supply of contraceptives should not be interfered with negatively by states and their institutions. So no laws against selling condoms to minors or something like that.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:03 am

MeDeFe wrote:PS's quote from theblaze.com says "access to contraceptives", however, which is not the same as simply saying "contraceptives".

If access to contraceptives is a UHR it can just mean that the supply of contraceptives should not be interfered with negatively by states and their institutions. So no laws against selling condoms to minors or something like that.

Right.

--Andy

Postby Baron Von PWN on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:58 am

whitestazn88 wrote:Should not be a universal human right. I think the idea of contraceptives is abhorrent, as all it does is promote promiscuity for all segments of society. From little whores walking around from the age of, what, 8 now? To the foolish frat boys who put their cocks in everything? The reason things have gone downhill in the last 30-40 years is this idea that sexual love is greater than the love of self, family, and God. It's about time we kind of toned things down. I mean, if you look at how much sexuality is promoted by the mass media (most of it from those lib-tards in hollywood), it's just sickening.

I mean, I have never had sex, so maybe there's something I'm missing. But I would rather hold out and give myself fully to a person that I'll share my life with than run around putting my pecking in anything that moves, only to regret any physical consequences, but also the hollowness of that non-love sex session.

That's right folks, be ashamed of your bodies, and feel bad for wanting to enjoy them. whitestazn88 knows how disgusting and repugnant sexual promiscuity is on account of his never having had sex. He therefore knows first hand how destructive sex is to people's lives. Although never haven experienced it, he is also fully aware of how hollow and empty you feel after having sex with someone you don't love.

Seriously what is this garbage? contraceptives are causing moral degradation of our society? What retarded bullshit and all manner of other kinds of shit. People have been having as much sex as they possibly could since the beginning of time, with or without contraceptives. It's kindoff why prostitution is called the oldest profession. Either world society has been in constant decline since forever or we've always been more or less the same way.
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Baron Von PWN wrote:
whitestazn88 wrote:Should not be a universal human right. I think the idea of contraceptives is abhorrent, as all it does is promote promiscuity for all segments of society. From little whores walking around from the age of, what, 8 now? To the foolish frat boys who put their cocks in everything? The reason things have gone downhill in the last 30-40 years is this idea that sexual love is greater than the love of self, family, and God. It's about time we kind of toned things down. I mean, if you look at how much sexuality is promoted by the mass media (most of it from those lib-tards in hollywood), it's just sickening.

That's right folks, be ashamed of your bodies, and feel bad for wanting to enjoy them. whitestazn88 knows how disgusting and repugnant sexual promiscuity is on account of his never having had sex. He therefore knows first hand how destructive sex is to people's lives. Although never haven experienced it, he is also fully aware of how hollow and empty you feel after having sex with someone you don't love.

Seriously what is this garbage? contraceptives are causing moral degradation of our society? What retarded bullshit and all manner of other kinds of shit. People have been having as much sex as they possibly could since the beginning of time, with or without contraceptives. It's kindoff why prostitution is called the oldest profession. Either world society has been in constant decline since forever or we've always been more or less the same way.

whitest: 1
Baron: 0
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Baron Von PWN wrote:Either world society has been in constant decline since forever or we've always been more or less the same way.

--Andy

Postby Baron Von PWN on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:

whitest: 1
Baron: 0

sigh I was trolled.
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,