Conquer Club

DEMOGRAPHICS TRUMPS ECONOMY

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: DEMOGRAPHICS TRUMPS ECONOMY

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:08 pm

I thought it was just Democrats telling women they are pissed.

For the record, nobody was trying to ban abortion, nobody was trying to ban contraceptives, and nobody was trying to bring back the stone age. It's called scare tactics. Just because they work on the "smart people" does not make the irrational fears real
Major Phatscotty

Postby Lootifer on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:09 pm

When was the last time you heard the message "Go do an apprenticeship; that's the best way to succeed in todays society" or something similar.

Though I admit its probably more to do with the Universities levering public perception (self-perpetuation) in their marketing more than a genuine cultural ideal.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Lootifer on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Phatscotty wrote:I thought it was just Democrats telling women they are pissed.

For the record, nobody was trying to ban abortion, nobody was trying to ban contraceptives, and nobody was trying to bring back the stone age. It's called scare tactics. Just because they work on the "smart people" does not make the irrational fears real

Isnt a significant portion of conservative america trying to do that?

Isnt it within their democratic right (to try)?

/shrug
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:21 pm

Lootifer wrote:

Isnt a significant portion of conservative america trying to do that?

Isnt it within their democratic right (to try)?

/shrug

I don't think so. There is a difference between drawing a line at handing out condoms in schools to 6 year olds and banning contraceptives.

But I'm just anAmerican who could care less about either abortion or contraceptives...... ::shrug shrug::
Major Phatscotty

Postby tj755 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Well for me and all my female friends, it was the dumbass comments on rape that did it. No one had to tell us anything, the ignorant comments made by Romney, Murdouck and that other guy were pretty easy to understand, even for us womenfolk in between our cooking and laundry chores. :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class tj755

Postby Lootifer on Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:26 pm

The figure of speech is "I couldn't care less" FYI.

Oh and suuuurrrrrrrrre. :roll:
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:06 pm

tj755 wrote:

Well for me and all my female friends, it was the dumbass comments on rape that did it. No one had to tell us anything, the ignorant comments made by Romney, Murdouck and that other guy were pretty easy to understand, even for us womenfolk in between our cooking and laundry chores. :roll:

And would you feel the same way, if, Obama, or Joe Biden said the same exact thing? or something even worse. Hey, I heard Joe Biden saying something about putting black people back in chains, or something.

Does that mean the Democrats are all racist? And that Republicans are totally awesome?

I'm not sure exactly what Romney said about rape or abortion, but he has a record of actions, which serves better than words.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Bones2484 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Phatscotty wrote:I'm not sure exactly what Romney said about rape or abortion, but he has a record of actions, which serves better than words.

And if Romney ran his election based off his actions instead of his [ever-changing] words, he probably would have won.
Major Bones2484

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:I'm not sure exactly what Romney said about rape or abortion, but he has a record of actions, which serves better than words.

And if Romney ran his election based off his actions instead of his [ever-changing] words, he probably would have won.

no argument there
Major Phatscotty

Postby notyou2 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
tj755 wrote:

And would you feel the same way, if, Obama, or Joe Biden said the same exact thing? or something even worse. Hey, I heard Joe Biden saying something about putting black people back in chains, or something.

Does that mean the Democrats are all racist? And that Republicans are totally awesome?

I'm not sure exactly what Romney said about rape or abortion, but he has a record of actions, which serves better than words.

Romney changed his stance on issues to get elected. His stance has nothing to do with his beliefs. Read up on his stance on abortion when he ran for Guvnah of Massachusetts. He is classless and only in it for the money and power. People saw right through him.
Captain notyou2

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
whitestazn88 wrote:I think the idea of Roe V Wade being overturned was also a pretty big factor, outside of racial demography.

Roe vs Wade? Really? Demagoguery for simpletons. Another example of the mass ignorance Obama banked on to win (successfully). Meaning of course you're probably right. How sad is that?

It's pretty ignorant to say that Obama voters are deluded. The Republican base is, has been, and will likely always forever be the "less thinking" demographic. The problem isn't that the voters aren't getting the Romney message, the problem was that with today's mediums, they got the message loud and clear. If I have the choice between the lesser of two evils, I'm going to go with the Reagan evil instead of the Rand evil.

Oh for f*ck's sake. This again? Just because a state is "more educated" does not mean the educated people in that state voted for Obama.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:42 am

Lootifer wrote:@ JB: Good job on being a "problem continuer" with your (albeit probably unintentional) post that suggests you must have a collage degree to be intelligent.

You're propaganda is just as bad as Phatscos

You missed the point of what I was responding to entirely. Entirely. So did Greek.

There is a correlation between education and which candidate you support. So to say that only ignorant people voted for Obama, sounds scandalous at best, and racist at worst.

thegreekdog wrote:Oh for f*ck's sake. This again? Just because a state is "more educated" does not mean the educated people in that state voted for Obama.

No, but it is a strongly suggestive wink when all the best educated states went one way, and all the worst educated states went the other way. You should see the sates divided by GDP per capita. Looks quite similar.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:43 am

notyou2 wrote:Romney changed his stance on issues to get elected. His stance has nothing to do with his beliefs. Read up on his stance on abortion when he ran for Guvnah of Massachusetts. He is classless and only in it for the money and power. People saw right through him.

True Story. He's ambitious, not honest.
Worse, now I have a very low opinion of Paul Ryan too, and I used to like him as a person.

Postby tj755 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:57 am

I'm edumacated and I voted for Obama.
ā€¹Swifteā€ŗ tj755 is, per the rules of the awesome-off, more awesome
Sergeant 1st Class tj755

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Lootifer wrote:@ JB: Good job on being a "problem continuer" with your (albeit probably unintentional) post that suggests you must have a collage degree to be intelligent.

You're propaganda is just as bad as Phatscos

You missed the point of what I was responding to entirely. Entirely. So did Greek.

There is a correlation between education and which candidate you support. So to say that only ignorant people voted for Obama, sounds scandalous at best, and racist at worst.

thegreekdog wrote:Oh for f*ck's sake. This again? Just because a state is "more educated" does not mean the educated people in that state voted for Obama.

No, but it is a strongly suggestive wink when all the best educated states went one way, and all the worst educated states went the other way. You should see the sates divided by GDP per capita. Looks quite similar.

In order to show a correlation between education and which candidate one supports, you need to show that correlation. Showing a correlation between a state that is educated with how many electoral votes went to a particular candidate does not support that correlation. I do understand what you're trying to prove, but you haven't proved it. This is the same thing as when you tried to prove that Democrats pay taxes and support welfare-receiving Republicans by showing the states with an overall net tax paid compared to states with an overall net tax unpaid. Your conclusions with respect to the data are completely incorrect.

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/692 ... cation.htm

In an interesting result, level of education seemed to make little difference in a particular voter's preference. Obama led Romney by only 2 points among college graduates, 50 percent to 48 percent, almost exactly the result in the general population.

And Obama only did 1 point better among voters who don't have a college degree.

In fact, the more education a voter had, the more likely they were to vote for Romney, to a point, though the gap never increased beyond 4 points. However, among voters with the highest levels of education, those with schooling beyond the undergraduate level, support for Obama jumps to 55 percent, and drops to 42 percent for Romney, a 13-point gap not seen where else along that spectrum.

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:43 am

And here's another link.

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/result ... exit-polls

Education
- High school graduate only - 51% Obama, 48% Romney
- Some college = 49% Obama, 48% Romney
- College graduate = 47% Obama, 51% Romney
- Post-graduate - 55% Obama, 42% Romney

Vote by Income
- Less than $50K - 60% Obama, 38% Romney
- $50K to $100K - 46% Obama, 52% Romney
- More than $100K - 44% Obama, 54% Romney

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:53 am

So what you're saying is, the way this needs to be spin, is that;
People who make a habit of more critically engaging their brain vote for Obama.

However, among voters with the highest levels of education, those with schooling beyond the undergraduate level, support for Obama jumps to 55 percent, and drops to 42 percent for Romney, a 13-point gap not seen where else along that spectrum.

Postby thegreekdog on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:32 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:So what you're saying is, the way this needs to be spin, is that;
People who make a habit of more critically engaging their brain vote for Obama.

However, among voters with the highest levels of education, those with schooling beyond the undergraduate level, support for Obama jumps to 55 percent, and drops to 42 percent for Romney, a 13-point gap not seen where else along that spectrum.

Yes, post-graduates in the art history of western Spain are really using their brains critically.

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:01 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:There is a correlation between education and which candidate you support.

and all along I thought that was because Democrats will throw more money at education....even when we don't have the money
Major Phatscotty

Postby Lootifer on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:06 pm

History shows a pretty good return on investment from education
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Lootifer wrote:History shows a pretty good return on investment from education

Does that mean there is no backwards ass wrong way to invest in education, and no smart and efficient way to invest in educatio? Or does that not even matter to you...

What is the return on the investment Hitler made on Germany's education?

In America, we are spending more on education every single year, and the returns actually are getting worse and worse. What "history" are you citing?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Lootifer on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:15 pm

Haha. Great example of goodwins law right there.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Symmetry on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Does that mean there is no backwards ass wrong way to invest in education, and no smart and efficient way to invest in educatio? Or does that not even matter to you...

What is the return on the investment Hitler made on Germany's education?

In America, we are spending more on education every single year, and the returns actually are getting worse and worse. What "history" are you citing?

Go and get some sleep dude. That post was nonsense.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Lootifer on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Regarding you last paragraph ps.

I was just saying that from a high level spending money on education is seldom a bad idea (compared with, say, drone strikes or oil subsidies).

Additionally the actual return on investment for something so broad brush as "education" is impossible to work out. But as I say, its hardly an area I personally think should be a high priority for spending cuts.
Last edited by Lootifer on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Symmetry. I foed you. So you are pretty much talking to a brick wall
Major Phatscotty

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,