Meanwhile, In Canada... UPDATED

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Meanwhile, In Canada... UPDATED

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:48 am

British Columbia
Liberals Impose a Puppet Government

Yes, that's right. The Provincial Party created an entirely new municipality, which within it's borders has a population "made up almost entirely of grizzly bears and mountain goats". Why did they do this? Because the actual people who live in this region didn't want a multimillion dollar ski resort ruining their neighbourhood. Now, that form of NIMBYism isn't grand, but what's worse is that the people who get to choose the mayor, who decides zoning control, doesn't live in the new municipality and is just a puppet.

This isn't a new issue by the way. The NDP is a party mostly composed of Puppets. Ruth Ellen Brosseau never entered her riding and spent $0 (yes, that's a zero) on a campaign but was still elected to represent the area on a NATIONAL LEVEL.

It is only a matter of time before we have actual paper politicians. Next election, I am only voting if "Cardboard cut out of Justin Bieber" is an option.

Ontario

McGuinty is an AssPanda*

I always think of pseudoscience as being less common when it comes to issues that make money. This is not the case here. Just in case you are wondering, there is no evidence anywhere that indicates even slightly that fracking has, could, or ever possibly contaminate ground water.

In the US, the BLM recently changed their regulations that basically make it prohibitively expensive to develop a natural gas well on Public or Native land. They don't have any research to back this up of course. What this means is that developers will probably just put wells on private land, which means a) the reserves will be equally dried up, b) the Natives can't make any money from the gas and c) the government can't make any money from the gas.

In Canada, things are a bit different. Here we are talking about not allowing fracking at all. Which doesn't make any sense. Clearly, when McGuinty went to McMaster, they didn't teach about this thing called "Science", or more particularly "geology". To put it succintly:
Association of American State Geologists (AASG) "recognizes that the environmental record of hydraulic fracturing activities over the past 60 years has been overwhelmingly positive.

This is in response to questions about contaminated water, but also earthquakes and explosive gases coming out of faucets (so McGuinty holds one of these voodoo beliefs, but not the other two...?).

To put it clearly:
Here you can see that the level where the fracking is occuring is nearly 2 KM away from where the groundwater is. That's nearly 2000 km that would have to be cracked through to experience any contamination.

*AssPandas are completely unrelated to DoomYoshis, and not nearly as cool.
show: old stuff
Last edited by DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby 2dimes on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:51 am

The 77A? Well I guess that' be ok. But the 77B? THAT'S the bus for ME!!!
Corporal 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: Meanwhile, In Canada...

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Since you mention Canada...
I was grocery shopping yesterday and since the recent election I get a much more "Canadian" feel when I'm out in public. Tbh, I don't mind it much, it's kind of cozy.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby Timminz on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Since you mention Canada...
I was grocery shopping yesterday and since the recent election I get a much more "Canadian" feel when I'm out in public. Tbh, I don't mind it much, it's kind of cozy.

jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
Captain Timminz

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby TeeGee on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:13 pm

Is Canada still part of the commonwealth?
Captain TeeGee
Head Global Moderator
Head Global Moderator

Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4)
General Contribution (6)

Postby Timminz on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Yes.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
Captain Timminz

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:18 pm

TeeGee wrote:Is Canada still part of the commonwealth?

Indeed. Canada is the biggest, in land area, of the common wealth members. India makes up half of the 2 some billion population of the common wealth.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:19 pm

That's a pretty cool statue.
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby notyou2 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Since you mention Canada...

That's the Canadians from Quebec and the Maritimes Christmas shopping and helping the US economy.
Lieutenant notyou2

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:20 am

I wish our monies had tits on them.

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby Baron Von PWN on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:44 am

thegreekdog wrote:That's a pretty cool statue.

one of my favourites.

I also like our war memorial in Ottawa

I like that they don't glorify war, and have sombre tone to them.
Sergeant Baron Von PWN

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Meanwhile, In Canada... UPDATED

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Bumped.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby notyou2 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Did you change the entire first post?
Lieutenant notyou2

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)

Postby notyou2 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Frack off.
Lieutenant notyou2

Postby notyou2 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Hoser.
Lieutenant notyou2

Next

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?