Conquer Club

The Men Who Built America (History Channel Series..lol)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The Men Who Built America (History Channel Series..lol)

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:29 pm

Who watchin it?

Another great show by the History Channel

Last edited by Phatscotty on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty

Re: The Men Who Built America

Postby MegaProphet on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:42 pm

I might watch it, but I rather see the Story of All of Us

Corporal MegaProphet

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:53 pm

MegaProphet wrote:I might watch it, but I rather see the Story of All of Us

Indeed that's the story of every country, the story of all of us.

Every country has held slaves and battled with indiginous peeps.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Baron Von PWN on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

might want to check your sources there scotty.
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Postby MegaProphet on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Oops, the comment was meant to be separate from the picture. I want to see Mankind:The Story of All of Us
Corporal MegaProphet

Postby Nola_Lifer on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Yes, idolize the robber barons who held monopolizes, exploited workers and the government for profit. One of the reasons we are in the mess we are in.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby karel on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:39 pm

i watched it,thought it was very good.....to bad they dont teach this in schools anymore
Private 1st Class karel

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:42 pm

karel wrote:i watched it,thought it was very good.....to bad they dont teach this in schools anymore

yeah I saw a couple episodes in the beginning then kinda got busy, but picked it up in the end, it was great! I learned a lot. The worst thing was they ended up showing Frick beating that guy to a pulp like 9 times....

What do you think the previous posters problems are?
Major Phatscotty

Postby AAFitz on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:46 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

Some more than others.

In any case, the indiginous peeps in our case, were more slaughtered by the black plague than they were us. As in all other countries with "indiginous peeps" they would most likely have a massive presence, if not have kept the invaders out, if it were not for the plague having something like an 80% mortality rate with Native Americans.

By the way phatty...the use of the phrase; "battled with indiginous peeps"... makes you a POS :D

I hope you someday get to be that type of peep.
Last edited by AAFitz on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby karel on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:53 pm

MegaProphet wrote:Oops, the comment was meant to be separate from the picture. I want to see Mankind:The Story of All of Us

i might give that one a look,kinda interesting.
Private 1st Class karel

Postby AAFitz on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
karel wrote:i watched it,thought it was very good.....to bad they dont teach this in schools anymore

yeah I saw a couple episodes in the beginning then kinda got busy, but picked it up in the end, it was great! I learned a lot. The worst thing was they ended up showing Frick beating that guy to a pulp like 9 times....

What do you think the previous posters problems are?

It doesnt seem to me they have a problem. It seems to me youre the one who has a problem. They are just adding to the convo. Maybe they just dont like the kind of peep you seem to be. :-k
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:57 pm

AAFitz wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Some more than others.

In any case, the indiginous peeps in our case, were more slaughtered by the black plague than they were us. As in all other countries with "indiginous peeps" they would most likely have a massive presence, if not have kept the invaders out, if it were not for the plague having something like an 80% mortality rate with Native Americans.

By the way phatty...the use of the phrase; "battled with indiginous peeps"... makes you a POS :D

I hope you someday get to be that type of peep.

You nail why I fear "Progressives"....

hmm, others? Which countries handled their slavery issue within their first born generation?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:Yes, idolize the robber barons who held monopolizes, exploited workers and the government for profit. One of the reasons we are in the mess we are in.

....and also vastly improved Nola's Life, and every person Nola knows life as well.....

"BASTARDS!"

Are you not grateful for Rockefeller, Carnegie, Edison, Morgan, Tesla, Westinghouse, Vanderbilt, Ford?
Major Phatscotty

Postby MegaProphet on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:59 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:Yes, idolize the robber barons who held monopolizes, exploited workers and the government for profit. One of the reasons we are in the mess we are in.

....and also vastly improved Nola's Life, and every person Nola knows life as well.....

"BASTARDS!"

Are you not grateful for Rockefeller, Carnegie, Edison, Morgan, Tesla, Westinghouse, Vanderbilt, Ford?

Did the show feature Tesla? Maybe I will have to watch it
Corporal MegaProphet

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:12 pm

MegaProphet wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

"BASTARDS!"

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm? Yes.....why would that compel you to watch it, but nothing else?

Electricity is definitely one of the most important building blocks of modern America. Tesla invented AC, afterall... and he certainly is one of the men who helped to build America
Major Phatscotty

Postby MegaProphet on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
MegaProphet wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

"BASTARDS!"

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm? Yes.....why would that compel you to watch it, but nothing else?

Electricity is definitely one of the most important building blocks of modern America. Tesla invented AC, afterall... and he certainly is one of the men who helped to build America

I just really like Tesla
Corporal MegaProphet

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:31 pm

MegaProphet wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
MegaProphet wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

"BASTARDS!"

I just really like Tesla

Why? Can I ask you the same thing I asked Nola.....

Are you grateful for Rockefeller, Carnegie, Edison, Morgan, Tesla, Westinghouse, Vanderbilt, Ford?
Major Phatscotty

Postby MegaProphet on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
MegaProphet wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
MegaProphet wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

"BASTARDS!"

I just really like Tesla

Are you grateful for Rockefeller, Carnegie, Edison, Morgan, Tesla, Westinghouse, Vanderbilt, Ford?

I'm grateful for the technology that they gave us. I just don't find all of them all that interesting. Usually Tesla gets the shaft in favor of featuring just Edison so I like to see when he is featured.
Corporal MegaProphet

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:50 pm

MegaProphet wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
MegaProphet wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
MegaProphet wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

"BASTARDS!"

I just really like Tesla

I'm grateful for the technology that they gave us. I just don't find all of them all that interesting. Usually Tesla gets the shaft in favor of featuring just Edison so I like to see when he is featured.

he is featured in "changing the game" which i think is part 3. He is also in part 4 a bit I think
Major Phatscotty

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:18 am

It's just a show, guys. You may want to watch it before you trash it?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:31 am

Funkyterrance wrote:It's just a show, guys. You may want to watch it before you trash it?

not their style....and a very bad habit for them in many other areas as well

"yeah, the guy who made it possible for me to have electricity....meh.....rich asshole, probably a racist slave owner and ate Indian babies for snacks... F him!"

Now, prepare to hear the most important thing I have ever said in my life.

Their understanding of history does not go an inch further than how a how a particular image makes them feel.
Major Phatscotty

Postby jimboston on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Baron Von PWN wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

might want to check your sources there scotty.

Are you saying every country "or people" hasn't done this?

I say you're partly right.

If you go back far enough... everyone's ancestors has either been an aggressor or a victim. There's no in between.

Most "people"... by this I mean to refer to "groups" of people... related by country/language/ethnicity...

Most "people" who still have a culture today have been aggressors. The few exceptions are the indigenous people's who have survived in the Americas or Oceania. 5,000 years ago these indigenous groups would have been wiped out or would have been integrated... probably true for the vast majority of indigenous groups from less than 5000 years ago... though I'm sure there are exceptions.

Only in the last 500-1000 years have the "conquering" people's "let" the indigenous people's keep their identity/culture.

BTW... I'm not trying to justify the action of saying the conquering people's have been "right". I'm just stating historical facts.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby Nola_Lifer on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:12 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

"BASTARDS!"

Tesla got fucked over by Edison. Edison was a terrible person and a thug like the rest of them. Why would I be grateful for what they have done?

Funkyterrance wrote:It's just a show, guys. You may want to watch it before you trash it?

It isn't a show it is propaganda of the highest kind. These guys and their families are no different then the nobility of feudal Europe.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

"BASTARDS!"

Tesla got fucked over by Edison. Edison was a terrible person and a thug like the rest of them. Why would I be grateful for what they have done?

What is the difference between the way Edison treated Tesla, and the way you treat me?

Do you think Tesla would have been Tesla without being Edison's apprentice, IE teaching him everything he knows??

Do you think Tesla would be Tesla if JP Morgan had not invested billions in Thomas Edison?

Do you think Tesla would be Tesla if there was no free market or no America or Capitalist system that is capable of raising and investing billions of dollars into anything?
Major Phatscotty

Postby maasman on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:57 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

"BASTARDS!"

What is the difference between the way Edison treated Tesla, and the way you treat me?

Do you think Tesla would have been Tesla without being Edison's apprentice, IE teaching him everything he knows??

Do you think Tesla would be Tesla if JP Morgan had not invested billions in Thomas Edison?

Do you think Tesla would be Tesla if there was no free market or no America or Capitalist system that is capable of raising and investing billions of dollars into anything?

From what I know about Tesla, then that is a definitive yes to all of those questions.
Major maasman

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,