Conquer Club

Meanwhile, In Canada... UPDATED

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Meanwhile, In Canada... UPDATED

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:48 am

British Columbia
Liberals Impose a Puppet Government

Yes, that's right. The Provincial Party created an entirely new municipality, which within it's borders has a population "made up almost entirely of grizzly bears and mountain goats". Why did they do this? Because the actual people who live in this region didn't want a multimillion dollar ski resort ruining their neighbourhood. Now, that form of NIMBYism isn't grand, but what's worse is that the people who get to choose the mayor, who decides zoning control, doesn't live in the new municipality and is just a puppet.

This isn't a new issue by the way. The NDP is a party mostly composed of Puppets. Ruth Ellen Brosseau never entered her riding and spent $0 (yes, that's a zero) on a campaign but was still elected to represent the area on a NATIONAL LEVEL.

It is only a matter of time before we have actual paper politicians. Next election, I am only voting if "Cardboard cut out of Justin Bieber" is an option.

Ontario

McGuinty is an AssPanda*

I always think of pseudoscience as being less common when it comes to issues that make money. This is not the case here. Just in case you are wondering, there is no evidence anywhere that indicates even slightly that fracking has, could, or ever possibly contaminate ground water.

In the US, the BLM recently changed their regulations that basically make it prohibitively expensive to develop a natural gas well on Public or Native land. They don't have any research to back this up of course. What this means is that developers will probably just put wells on private land, which means a) the reserves will be equally dried up, b) the Natives can't make any money from the gas and c) the government can't make any money from the gas.

In Canada, things are a bit different. Here we are talking about not allowing fracking at all. Which doesn't make any sense. Clearly, when McGuinty went to McMaster, they didn't teach about this thing called "Science", or more particularly "geology". To put it succintly:
Association of American State Geologists (AASG) "recognizes that the environmental record of hydraulic fracturing activities over the past 60 years has been overwhelmingly positive.

This is in response to questions about contaminated water, but also earthquakes and explosive gases coming out of faucets (so McGuinty holds one of these voodoo beliefs, but not the other two...?).

To put it clearly:
Here you can see that the level where the fracking is occuring is nearly 2 KM away from where the groundwater is. That's nearly 2000 km that would have to be cracked through to experience any contamination.

*AssPandas are completely unrelated to DoomYoshis, and not nearly as cool.
show: old stuff
Last edited by DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby 2dimes on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:51 am

The 77A? Well I guess that' be ok. But the 77B? THAT'S the bus for ME!!!
Corporal 2dimes

Re: Meanwhile, In Canada...

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Since you mention Canada...
I was grocery shopping yesterday and since the recent election I get a much more "Canadian" feel when I'm out in public. Tbh, I don't mind it much, it's kind of cozy.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Timminz on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Since you mention Canada...
I was grocery shopping yesterday and since the recent election I get a much more "Canadian" feel when I'm out in public. Tbh, I don't mind it much, it's kind of cozy.

Captain Timminz

Postby TeeGee on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:13 pm

Is Canada still part of the commonwealth?
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Timminz on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Yes.
Captain Timminz

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:18 pm

TeeGee wrote:Is Canada still part of the commonwealth?

Indeed. Canada is the biggest, in land area, of the common wealth members. India makes up half of the 2 some billion population of the common wealth.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:19 pm

That's a pretty cool statue.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby notyou2 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:32 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Since you mention Canada...

That's the Canadians from Quebec and the Maritimes Christmas shopping and helping the US economy.
Captain notyou2

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:20 am

I wish our monies had tits on them.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Baron Von PWN on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:44 am

thegreekdog wrote:That's a pretty cool statue.

one of my favourites.

I also like our war memorial in Ottawa

I like that they don't glorify war, and have sombre tone to them.
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Re: Meanwhile, In Canada... UPDATED

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Bumped.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby notyou2 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Did you change the entire first post?
Captain notyou2

Postby notyou2 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Frack off.
Captain notyou2

Postby notyou2 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Hoser.
Captain notyou2

Postby 2dimes on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:55 pm

notyou2 wrote:Did you change the entire first post?

Yup. I think it's criminal that he switched from boobs to Ruth Ellen Brasseau. How ever if he combined the two I might consider sending money.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:25 pm

notyou2 wrote:Did you change the entire first post?

Yes, that is the update. At the bottom is a spoiler that has the old post in it though. I intend this to be a running commentary.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby notyou2 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Is this some sort of phatscotty tribute?
Captain notyou2

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:25 pm

notyou2 wrote:Is this some sort of phatscotty tribute?

Not at all. I don't believe in polarized government. I hate on all parties equally. It just blows my mind how there aren't riots about this stuff. Yet people are willing to spend time bashing the NHL lockout.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby smegal69 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:50 pm

Now home of the Twinkie

Lieutenant smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Postby Baron Von PWN on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:09 am

So in one part of the post you are upset that a provincial party used some shady dealings(redraw boundaries to exclude democratic choice) to build a ski resort.

The next part you complain about the constituents of a ridding choosing their representative. Yeah she's never stepped foot in the ridding, don't you think the people who live there would know that? If they don't who's fault is that? What right do you have to be outraged at their choice of representative?
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Postby notyou2 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:40 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
notyou2 wrote:Is this some sort of phatscotty tribute?

Not at all. I don't believe in polarized government. I hate on all parties equally. It just blows my mind how there aren't riots about this stuff. Yet people are willing to spend time bashing the NHL lockout.

I was not referring to you making anti-government threads, the comparison was concerning you changing the original post. Scotty does that, as well as changing the title of the thread...it's FUCKING ANNOYING when he does it and I think it is dishonest. It takes all the posts out of context.
Captain notyou2

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:44 am

Baron Von PWN wrote:So in one part of the post you are upset that a provincial party used some shady dealings(redraw boundaries to exclude democratic choice) to build a ski resort.

The next part you complain about the constituents of a ridding choosing their representative. Yeah she's never stepped foot in the ridding, don't you think the people who live there would know that? If they don't who's fault is that? What right do you have to be outraged at their choice of representative?

Good question.

I have a few problems:

1)most arguments in Canada against proportional representation start with the fact that local constituencies need to be represented by locals. This clearly proves that concept wrong and yet we don't have proportional rep. yet. In Ontario, we went so far as to have a failed referendum on this concept. I spoke to one person who voted against it, and he was told it would end up screwing the North. The big parties are all conspiring to misinform the public so that small parties haven't a chance in Canada, at both the provincial and National levels.

2) If she had a successful campaign by spending $0, then no politician should be allowed to spend any more than that. The money wasted on campaigns and those stupid lawn signs is too high.

3)Clearly, in Canada right now there is a movement towards celebrity status of our higher level politicians. The NDP won so many seats in that election just because Jack Layton was hip. At my school, orange was everywhere, as an anecdote. CBC reported that polls show that if Justin Trudeau is leader of the Liberal, he has enough support for a majority government. This is one single person, in a party of 5 000 000. One person who really hasn't done anything to justify this support. We are about to enter a phase in which politics are truly meaningless at a National Level. We have already borrowed the extreme polarization from the US, now we are about to borrow the celebrity status of politicians. I don't appreciate this trend.

@notyou2: you can still see the old posts. It's not dishonest, because I put in the title that there was a change.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Timminz on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:49 pm

If you have something to add to your therrad, put it in a new post.

Generally, people don't reread the opening post of a thread.

For example, when I click to read a therrad that I've already read, I start at the first unread post. When you alter the OP, I'm not going to read it, especially when there's already more than a full page of replies.
Captain Timminz

Postby 2dimes on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Quick, Ruth Ellen pictures to appease the mob.
Corporal 2dimes

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,