Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 84: 01-12-2012] Masterli

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 84: 01-12-2012] Masterli

Postby Leehar on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 84th edition of the Dispatch :)
Hippo is of gallivanting across the world, so I have the pleasure of presenting this issue to you, our dearly beloved readers. :D

Freestyle has the requisite Mafia column, with the intriguing Periodic Mafia highlighted. Saf also discusses a Mafia strategy that could aptly apply to Real Life as well, namely forgoing the use of something (a skill, money & whathaveyou) to gain an advantage in the long run. While his reference is related to the advantages of odd number of players in a mafia, I'm sure we can all see that it can sometimes be a worthwhile benefit to not expose your hands too early across all facets of life.

Masterli also goes into the interview room this issue, where he tries to avoid taking responsibility for the mysterious disappearance of our interrogator.
The TPA3 design contest remains a highlight in the tournament arena, it's an easy way to participate in influencing future tournaments, and is pretty fun to boot! I'm also amazed at how much I can follow of DaveH's Tournament tips, it may seem intimidating at first, but when you look at the output scoring charts he produces, and the logical steps he follows in achieving them, it ends up being a breeze. And heck copy/paste still works if you don't have the head for code ;)

In the Foundry, we are weaved a story of epic proportions by Qyu, while generalhead provides the lighter side to the critics corner!
koontz also has an interesting discussion on the viability of taking Maps off the computer screen, and into your living room!

The main feature of clans, is on the CC3 Quarter-finals which are thoroughly deserving of their tag as the toughest battles on CC!

thehippo8 Leehar
Chief Executive
Aide Executive

P.S. And lest I forget, just looked Foundry Competition, what a toughie! I could get the first 5 having played them all, but beta & foundry ones have me stumped!

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Clans remain short on staff, please apply! :cry:

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Hello again Freestylers. Masli is asked about KORT, family, and his nationality this issue. Also, we've got an ongoing question thread for our new admin El_Jefe here so please go drop him a question if you'd like to get to know him better. Otherwise, hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and please enjoy the holidays.
You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of Masli

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments! I have a couple of big things to announce.

First, there is only one week left to get your submissions in for the TPA 3 Cup Design Contest and show off your graphic talents! (Of course there are unfortunate souls like myself who have none, but for the other 90% of the population this is a great opportunity to shine.) Prizes, too!
;)

Second, in this issue I bring you the long-promised interview with Merch313. A number of people have asked me when I'm going to interview their favourite TO, and the answer is here. It comes at a very special time, when Merch rose past HighlanderAttack and became the most prolific tournament organiser of all time. A year ago, I don't think anyone would have believed that HA's incredible record would ever fall, but fall it has (and we mean no disrespect to HA, who's achievements remain spectacular!)

Plus, of course, we have our regular features from James and Dave!

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Meet the Tournament Organisers: Merch313 by Dukasaur
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: Terminator Tournaments

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by WorldCup4James
show

Another issue rolls around. Another set of articles for you to read. So what can we bring you today apart from the same? Well, apart from the usual Maps in development and competition (good luck by the way), Qyu has done a fantastic story for you. Personally, this I feel is one of the freshest things brought to you by the dispatch and is a must read for everyone. generalhead takes a poke at some maps bad/good ideas and how we all respond to them. I give you all something to do at home. ;) Lastly, did you spot the maps in thenobodies80 foundry competition? If not, I bring you the winning image. Stay tuned for more competitions coming out of the foundry very shortly. Some big things are rumoured. This week, I am bringing you a new thing to think about as well.

Each issue, this cartoon will be here untill I choose a different one that is. If you can think of something that is funny and related to conquer club, send me a PM and the best one (IMO) will be on the next issue. :D
koontz1973 -- Foundry Executive

Maps in Development. koontz1973
show

Once upon a time, in a galaxy not that far away by Qyu
show

The Far Side of the Foundry generalhead
show

Did you spot them all? by koontz1973
show

Real maps by koontz1973
show

Foundry Dispatch Competition
show

Crunch time in Conqueror's Cup action, as all 4 Quarterfinals are as tense as a doorknob.
All Comers Cup action has stagnated with the disappearance of DJ Teflon, while The Newcomers Cup is reaching the end of the Semi-final stage

We also have only 1 game left underway in the Clan League, and it's the biggie between Kort & AoC for the Division 1 Crown. Peddle for the Medal all the way folks!

Conqueror's Cup 3 Quarter-finals
show

Other
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of El_Jefe. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with El Jefe

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Victor Sullivan and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

show
Colonel Leehar

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 84: 01-12-2012] Masterli

Postby Swifte on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Balkan Peninsula Mr Benn
Feudal War gimil
Middle Ages thenobodies80
Siege mibi
USA Great Lakes WidowMakers

Classic Cities: Jakarta koontz1973
Dark Continent ender516

Tribal War: Ancient Isreal seamus76
Krazy Kingdoms dolomite13
Philadelphia RedBaron0
Colonel Swifte

Postby generalhead on Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:19 pm

Did I lose because I posted in the wrong place? :oops: :roll: :lol:
Link where I posted
Postby generalhead on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:35 pm
I wish there would have been a link in the article on where to post the results.
If I didn't win Congrats to Swifte if he got them all correct. =D>
Sergeant generalhead

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Swifte wrote:Balkan Peninsula Mr Benn
Feudal War gimil
Siege mibi

Dark Continent ender516

Philadelphia RedBaron0

Well done Swift. Will send you a shiny medal as soon as I have got it polished. :D
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Swifte on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:52 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
Swifte wrote:Balkan Peninsula Mr Benn
Feudal War gimil
Siege mibi

Dark Continent ender516

Philadelphia RedBaron0

Well done Swift. Will send you a shiny medal as soon as I have got it polished. :D

Thanks! This one definitely was more challenging than last issue. Please send to Swifte, not Swift. Swift hasn't been on in a whille :)
Colonel Swifte

Postby DaveH on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:57 am

I'm also amazed at how much I can follow of DaveH's Tournament tips, it may seem intimidating at first, but when you look at the output scoring charts he produces, and the logical steps he follows in achieving them, it ends up being a breeze. And heck copy/paste still works if you don't have the head for code

:D Thanks Leehar It's encouraging feedback and pleasing to know that at least one person is reading it!
Corporal DaveH

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Where's all the feedback from the people that were bugging me to get on with the Merch interview?
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Swifte on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Where's all the feedback from the people that were bugging me to get on with the Merch interview?

Well, I wasn't one bugging you, but I enjoyed the interview :) Bravo!
Colonel Swifte

Return to Newsletter Issues