Conquer Club

Time Warp Mafia Endgame: Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Day Deadlines?

1 Week Day
55%
2 Week Day
10%
10 Day Day
25%
1 Week Deadline after conversation dies down
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: Time Warp Mafia [11/13] Day Five: Penultimacy

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:28 pm

edocsil wrote:
betiko wrote:
edocsil wrote:We are are on D5, n1 and n4 are dead. Explain the missing roles, and their alignment guys...

well, if you could add something new instead of repeating what I just said 2 posts above... I think it's time for edoc to tell us more about his role. He just decided he didn't want to claim so we let it go, as far as I know, appart from double voter I don't see any great town power role out there. (even if we never had night yet...)

TBH you have no idea what I said if you think you and I were talking about the same thing.

pre post edited this. I am not going to get into a mud flinging contest.

I don't see how it's not the same thing I was talking about.
gregwolf is dead and we know his role,
nos is dead and we don't,
pcm is not dead (yet) and we don't.
my explanation is that the janitor wasn't around for gregwolf but was for the other 2, he failed to send his action to doom on day 1. There might be other theories which I would like to hear, and you seem to have another one so go ahead.

Also, an anonymous vote was thrown at NOS for the hammer, so I suspect NOS to really be a VT, and that we have a malevolous double voter.
Major betiko

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:46 pm

betiko wrote:
edocsil wrote:
betiko wrote:
edocsil wrote:We are are on D5, n1 and n4 are dead. Explain the missing roles, and their alignment guys...

well, if you could add something new instead of repeating what I just said 2 posts above... I think it's time for edoc to tell us more about his role. He just decided he didn't want to claim so we let it go, as far as I know, appart from double voter I don't see any great town power role out there. (even if we never had night yet...)

TBH you have no idea what I said if you think you and I were talking about the same thing.

pre post edited this. I am not going to get into a mud flinging contest.

I don't see how it's not the same thing I was talking about.
gregwolf is dead and we know his role,
nos is dead and we don't,
pcm is not dead (yet) and we don't.
my explanation is that the janitor wasn't around for gregwolf but was for the other 2, he failed to send his action to doom on day 1. There might be other theories which I would like to hear, and you seem to have another one so go ahead.

Also, an anonymous vote was thrown at NOS for the hammer, so I suspect NOS to really be a VT, and that we have a malevolous double voter.

The anon was not me. We know we have another for sure.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby vodean on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:08 am

any deaths that occured before D5 should be revealed according to our theories - which are clearly at least partially wrong. but please, you seem to have all the answers, so you tell us.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Nendreel on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:28 am

I suspect we won't know NoS's role until we fill in the timeline. With Night 1 still outstanding NoS can still perform a Night action so he gets to keep his role hidden.

Tis my theory anyway.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:39 am

Nendreel wrote:I suspect we won't know NoS's role until we fill in the timeline. With Night 1 still outstanding NoS can still perform a Night action so he gets to keep his role hidden.

Tis my theory anyway.

this could stand. this or the janitor.
Major betiko

Postby edocsil on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:29 am

betiko wrote:
Nendreel wrote:I suspect we won't know NoS's role until we fill in the timeline. With Night 1 still outstanding NoS can still perform a Night action so he gets to keep his role hidden.

Tis my theory anyway.

this could stand. this or the janitor.

It could I suppose. I's a whole lot better then absent day janitors.

@vode, I haven't got any answers, wish I did.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:51 am

Well i don t think that we should trash the janitor theory either. For absence or for other reasons ( he can only hide town corpses?). Gregwolf s case was brought up close to deadline, lots of players don t check the thread periodically.
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:39 am

Hmm. I think Nendreels' theory holds more water than the janitor.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:37 pm

jonty125 wrote:Hmm. I think Nendreels' theory holds more water than the janitor.

I kind of think so too. but I think that players who don't send their actions happens more often that what you guys are suggesting. Here's another doubt. Vodean gets lynched; we are warped to night 1 which is the last course of action for NOS. whatever happens that night, we will be warped to some place where NOS is completely out of the game. Do you think doom would suddenly come out in his scene or in the OP with NOs's role and alignment?
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:39 pm

betiko wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Hmm. I think Nendreels' theory holds more water than the janitor.

I kind of think so too. but I think that players who don't send their actions happens more often that what you guys are suggesting. Here's another doubt. Vodean gets lynched; we are warped to night 1 which is the last course of action for NOS. whatever happens that night, we will be warped to some place where NOS is completely out of the game. Do you think doom would suddenly come out in his scene or in the OP with NOs's role and alignment?

Doom in the scene.
Cook jonty125

Postby Nendreel on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:55 pm

betiko wrote:I kind of think so too. but I think that players who don't send their actions happens more often that what you guys are suggesting. Here's another doubt. Vodean gets lynched; we are warped to night 1 which is the last course of action for NOS. whatever happens that night, we will be warped to some place where NOS is completely out of the game. Do you think doom would suddenly come out in his scene or in the OP with NOs's role and alignment?

I think we'd learn of it in a scene. "As the timestream stabilizes, you learn Player X is..." or something to that effect.
I could be wrong, and the effort we'd have to go through to find out isn't likely to be worth it.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby edocsil on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:59 am

Nendreel wrote:
betiko wrote:I kind of think so too. but I think that players who don't send their actions happens more often that what you guys are suggesting. Here's another doubt. Vodean gets lynched; we are warped to night 1 which is the last course of action for NOS. whatever happens that night, we will be warped to some place where NOS is completely out of the game. Do you think doom would suddenly come out in his scene or in the OP with NOs's role and alignment?

I think we'd learn of it in a scene. "As the timestream stabilizes, you learn Player X is..." or something to that effect.
I could be wrong, and the effort we'd have to go through to find out isn't likely to be worth it.

Yes and yes. Honestly what we need is a night, as scummy as that is to suggest :?
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby ghostly447 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:10 pm

I would volunteer to be lynched. Im Day 2 so by lynching me if our theories are right you guys would be Night 2 right?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby jonty125 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:39 pm

Yes, but two folk have softclaimed nights. WCS - is none of them are mafia and they get three shots over three nights.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:43 pm

ghostly447 wrote:I would volunteer to be lynched. Im Day 2 so by lynching me if our theories are right you guys would be Night 2 right?

wait... humm so that would bring us back to just after nos's death but there would still be a warp to night 1 (vodean) where he would be alive so his role wouldn't be revealed. If we have to lynch someone "for science" I think vodean is a better option. You are a claimed vt and we don't know if vodean has an important role or not though. Appart from getting for the first time into night phase, I'm not really sure that would be very interesting for town.
I think the priority is to find the second double voter and lynch him. I'm starting to consider the massclaiming option... idk
Major betiko

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:09 pm

ghostly447 wrote:I would volunteer to be lynched. Im Day 2 so by lynching me if our theories are right you guys would be Night 2 right?

I'm a much later day, and since several people already want a lynch of me, I think I'd be a better option. If we want to attempt a night anyway.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby jonty125 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:43 pm

jonty125 wrote:Yes, but two folk have softclaimed nights. WCS - is none of them are mafia and they get three shots over three nights.

Sorry, this doesn't make too much sense, I was thinking the game went to the phase directly killed, not the one after.
Cook jonty125

Postby soundman on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:21 pm

jonty125 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Yes, but two folk have softclaimed nights. WCS - is none of them are mafia and they get three shots over three nights.

Sorry, this doesn't make too much sense, I was thinking the game went to the phase directly killed, not the one after.

It goes to the day/night after the person killed. So if we went to night mafia would be able to avoid killing a night person (because of the softclaims) and kill the days. Making it several nights in a row.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby jonty125 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:25 pm

soundman wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

It goes to the day/night after the person killed. So if we went to night mafia would be able to avoid killing a night person (because of the softclaims) and kill the days. Making it several nights in a row.

But they're not guaranteed to hit days, my false logic was that they had safe targets.
Cook jonty125

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:46 pm

soundman wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

My theory is that only lynches cause time warps. Night kills might not. Of course, this is all conjecture at this point. We have no way of knowing without an actual night.
Commander9 wrote:

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby jonty125 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:35 am

Kanin Usagi wrote:
soundman wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

My theory is that only lynches cause time warps. Night kills might not. Of course, this is all conjecture at this point. We have no way of knowing without an actual night.
Tell me why, you think this. A death is a death, is it not?
Cook jonty125

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:43 am

jonty125 wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:My theory is that only lynches cause time warps. Night kills might not. Of course, this is all conjecture at this point. We have no way of knowing without an actual night.

More a hunch than anything. I doubt doomyoshi would have made it possible for mafia to win if we mislynched on D1. He said it might be unbalanced, not that it's possible to lose on the first night.
Commander9 wrote:

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Re: Time Warp Mafia [12/13] Day Six: LYLO?

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:50 am

Kanin Usagi wrote:Maybe its only the lynches that move us past that particular time period? As in, you lynch day 3, you get night 4. You lynch night 5, you get day 6. But if day 3 is killed at night, then it just naturally moves to the next day. That would be one way to balance it, and also punish town for bad lynches.

Post I made about the theory on Day 6.
Commander9 wrote:

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby jonty125 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:11 am

Kanin Usagi wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:My theory is that only lynches cause time warps. Night kills might not. Of course, this is all conjecture at this point. We have no way of knowing without an actual night.

More a hunch than anything. I doubt doomyoshi would have made it possible for mafia to win if we mislynched on D1. He said it might be unbalanced, not that it's possible to lose on the first night.

Hmm, but mafia would have to keep shooting days in a row, and they probably have some days in their team for balance purposes.
Cook jonty125

Postby vodean on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:58 pm

i would imagine they also have some day actions. perhaps the town PRs do too.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives