Conquer Club

Good drop = bad dice

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Good drop = bad dice

Postby Mishalex on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:39 am

All is in the title!

Why did it always happens?

In the same time, there are some days when you can do your best, you always have crappy dice, all day long... why???
Sergeant Mishalex

Re: Good drop = bad dice

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Mishalex wrote:All is in the title!

Why did it always happens?

In the same time, there are some days when you can do your best, you always have crappy dice, all day long... why???

because they are random, the dice.
do you want discussion about this, and do you want me to move this to discussions or do you want it to remain a question that has now been anwsered?
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Mishalex on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:30 pm

A discussion might be great, but I think that this has been discuss a lot no? I didn't find the right place sorry...
Sergeant Mishalex

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Mishalex wrote:A discussion might be great, but I think that this has been discuss a lot no? I didn't find the right place sorry...

Basically the universe is a cruel and heartless place. Entropy increases, which guarantees destruction always exceeds creation, and bad results will always exceed good. Just when you think you're on top of the world the water main in front of your house will break, or you will get syphilis, or your mother-in-law will decide to visit. In the end entropy will consume all, and everything you have worked hard to build will not only vanish, but be physically impossible to reconstruct because matter on the quantum level will be too widely distributed to even form atoms.

Now, is there anything else I can reassure you about?
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Mishalex on Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Yeah please, does Santa really exist?
Sergeant Mishalex

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Mishalex wrote:Yeah please, does Santa really exist?

Yes, Santa Claus does exist. Unfortunately, last time he was upgrading the navigation system, Revenue agents were able to sneak in a tracking device. Now, they know everywhere he goes to bring presents. All those kids think those gifts come with no strings attached, but in fact they are supposed to be declaring them as income and paying the appropriate income tax. Also, since the presents come from out of the country, there are import duties as well. All the unpaid levies accumulate penalties and interest, and one day each and every boy and girl is going to get a visit from a team of Revenuers and a bill for slightly more than all the money they have made in their entire life.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:10 pm

This is a really hard subject for me since I am a firm believer in statistics. This does seem to happen, at least to me. Whenever I get excited over a good drop, it never fails that I get crappy dice. It has gotten to the point where I am actually sometimes bummed by the fact that I have a great drop because at the very least the game gets evened out within a few rounds and I got excited over the drop for nothing. Now I am willing to accept the fact that I am just extremely unlucky when it comes to getting good drops and keeping the advantage with at least average dice. And this is not a case of selective memory, it's just bad luck.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby jefjef on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:11 am

My drops are 90% crap. What I've found is that I dread having the very 1st move. It will be an absolute dice fail 95% of the time.

Also I got syphilis from my mother-in-law . :(
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby agentcom on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:36 am

jefjef wrote:My drops are 90% crap. What I've found is that I dread having the very 1st move. It will be an absolute dice fail 95% of the time.

In that case jefjef, I'd love to play some games against you. We'll set up 50 1v1s and if you go first in any of them, I will let you miss the first turn. Then you'll get second turn AND deferred troops! Deal?
Colonel agentcom

Postby Kaskavel on Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:44 am

A good drop or the advantage of first move raises expectations, resulting in bad dice being a particularly striking experience to the mind, easier to remain in memory than a bad drop that got further busted by bad dice or a good drop that was nicely backed up with good dice. But the explanation about S. Claus seems more appropriate.
Colonel Kaskavel

Return to Conquer Club Discussion