Conquer Club

[GP] Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Surrender as a game setting / special "move"

Postby Trephining on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Ah, I hadn't gotten as far as thinking of how it would get abused (which would have instantly prompted me to think of how the abuse opportunity could be removed from the function preemptively).

Sorry for the repeat and the misplacement of the thread.
Sergeant 1st Class Trephining

Postby Little Witt on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:57 pm

Only thing that would have a slim chance would be....

If the game has not gone past round 1 and no turns have started, and every player agrees to you leaving. In 1vs1, game is voided and no points or % is gained or lost. In more than 1vs1 player games, leaving player's territories are turned to neutral 3's or whatever the default neutral number is for that map(this shouldn't effect anything at all since it would be round one.

Otherwise, this Idea won't have much of a chance since it has been suggested and rejected many times.

EDIT:....they could also put in a little heads up warning like when a player is ending an assault or deployment or something. You guys all know what I'm talking about :-$ right? :? right. :D Except this would not be able to be turned off, and would be only for casual games, speed games should be speedy enough there should be no problem.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby tkr4lf on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:59 am

It would be nice to have a surrender option that depended on one player holding a certain majority of the terits and/or troops. Say you're in a Das Schloss 1v1 game, and red has most of the board, 3-4 times as many troops as much as green. There is no chance for green to win. Yet, due to the map, it will still be 5-10 rounds before the game can be finished. I can't see something like this being abused much since it still requires a whole game being played, only allowing surrender when defeat was already inevitable.
Major tkr4lf

Postby Little Witt on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:15 am

tkr4lf wrote:It would be nice to have a surrender option that depended on one player holding a certain majority of the terits and/or troops. Say you're in a Das Schloss 1v1 game, and red has most of the board, 3-4 times as many troops as much as green. There is no chance for green to win. Yet, due to the map, it will still be 5-10 rounds before the game can be finished. I can't see something like this being abused much since it still requires a whole game being played, only allowing surrender when defeat was already inevitable.

I don't agree, there are some maps like you said where it would just prolong the game a few rounds, but there are other maps that might also take a while to finish when there seems to be a clear winner and it is just a matter of finishing off your opponent. But I have had a few games where I was on a map and my opponent and me both said gg "knowing" I was gonna win, when soon after that I had the worst dice ever and he came back to win from 5- territories. Who cares if it delays the game a couple of turns that's life.

What I posted above is not the same. I suggested we modify Trephining's idea to just the start of the game for the cases when a player made an error in the game joining and both players would like to end the game quickly without damage to their stats. Since I am well aware this happens a lot I would think my idea would be a lot less subject to abuse since there is no gain. And it would keep people from deadbeating games... like the player here
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Surrendering

Postby TheBudMan on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:35 am

As much as I love playing games on conquer club, and though I dislike losing, a surrender button/option should be implemented. While I've been on this site I've had games where you know for a fact that you're going to lose, but you have to go through every agonizing moment of losing space by space, being slowly pushed back. This is EXTREMELY prominent in Trench games, and it's just painful and boring to play like that. It would be appreciated for something to be implemented, thanks!
Cook TheBudMan

Re: Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button [Rejected]

Postby chapcrap on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:24 pm

TheBudMan wrote:As much as I love playing games on conquer club, and though I dislike losing, a surrender button/option should be implemented. While I've been on this site I've had games where you know for a fact that you're going to lose, but you have to go through every agonizing moment of losing space by space, being slowly pushed back. This is EXTREMELY prominent in Trench games, and it's just painful and boring to play like that. It would be appreciated for something to be implemented, thanks!

This is rejected already.

MOVED and MERGED.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: Surrendering

Postby ender516 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:01 am

TheBudMan wrote:As much as I love playing games on conquer club, and though I dislike losing, a surrender button/option should be implemented. While I've been on this site I've had games where you know for a fact that you're going to lose, but you have to go through every agonizing moment of losing space by space, being slowly pushed back. This is EXTREMELY prominent in Trench games, and it's just painful and boring to play like that. It would be appreciated for something to be implemented, thanks!

It's been said before: if you don't have the patience for a long game, don't play Trench.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Gillipig on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:10 am

Suggested a hundred times, rejected a hundred times. When will people get it's a bad idea?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby scutzer on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:17 pm

I can see both sides, and play other sites that allow this option. Implemented correctly it does work. I might be nice to try it out on 1v1 games to see if it would be useful there and/or when you get down to 1v1 players in a individual/team game.

I assume that this is not wanted since it can give a player an unfair advantage by not having to battle someone, but if there are only 2 people or teams left there is no hard in allowing a surrender. Has this variation on the theme been discussed. If so, I'd love to know the reason why it was rejected. Surely this is an easy feature to implement.
Private scutzer

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:48 pm

scutzer wrote:I can see both sides, and play other sites that allow this option. Implemented correctly it does work. I might be nice to try it out on 1v1 games to see if it would be useful there and/or when you get down to 1v1 players in a individual/team game.

I assume that this is not wanted since it can give a player an unfair advantage by not having to battle someone, but if there are only 2 people or teams left there is no hard in allowing a surrender. Has this variation on the theme been discussed. If so, I'd love to know the reason why it was rejected. Surely this is an easy feature to implement.

The idea has been, if you can surrender with only two players in a game, then multis will make a bunch of games against each other and just surrender for really easy points, or something like that.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Kaskavel on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:12 pm

SirSebstar wrote:it HAS been abused in the past, heavely abused. I can think of various ways it can be abuse in this day and age.
Trust me, there is no way this suggestion can ever work without heavy monitoring.
and also, suppose you are in that KC2 game, and the power goes out for the other guy. bazinga, you win...

but yea, pro tip, do not play trench in hives

Hive still needs a resign button even without the trench setting.
Colonel Kaskavel

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:01 pm

MERGED an old surrender thread I found.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:00 am

chapcrap wrote:MERGED an old surrender thread I found.

Congrats on getting us up to 100 pages :)

Need a Forfeit Button

Postby jeffbroomhead on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:47 pm

This will help provide a gentlemanly way to concede when it's obvious that we have lost and don't want to waste everyone's time by either throwing the game to one of the players or to force a 3-turn missed a turn exit.
Sergeant 1st Class jeffbroomhead

Re: Need a Forfeit Button

Postby greenoaks on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:15 pm

jeffbroomhead wrote:This will help provide a gentlemanly way to concede when it's obvious that we have lost and don't want to waste everyone's time by either throwing the game to one of the players or to force a 3-turn missed a turn exit.

you need to become friends with 'search' ;)
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:36 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
chapcrap wrote:MERGED an old surrender thread I found.

Congrats on getting us up to 100 pages :)

Thanks. Just got another one MERGED.

jeffbroomhead wrote:This will help provide a gentlemanly way to concede when it's obvious that we have lost and don't want to waste everyone's time by either throwing the game to one of the players or to force a 3-turn missed a turn exit.

Jeff, this has been rejected before because people can abuse the surrender option to give someone else a lot of points.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Forfeit Button

Postby qwertylpc on Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:48 am

Concise description:
  • When a player doesn't have a chance in a game, they will surrender, kind of like chess, knocking over your king.

Specifics/Details:
  • When a player doesn't have a chance in a game, they will surrender.
  • It will be for standard games (it could cause huge problems with terminator and assassin, team games can be discussed below)
  • If it were implemented for team games, then all members of the team would have to agree.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • I understand some people say this will be abused, but with trench, it is now more important than ever especially on a large map.
  • Maybe limit it to after 10 rounds this button will work
  • Maybe only limit it to 1v1 because it could significantly alter a 3 player game.

You can select 2 poll options, because 1 is the type of game it would be in, and the other deals with the trench settings
-qwertylpc :D 8-) :lol:

My active tournaments looking for players
Q's "Hey you went first!"
Q's 1v1 NBA Playoffs
Q's Feudal Overlord

Game 9151351
Most Consecutive Troops Defeated 0
Most Consecutive Troops Lost 14
Major qwertylpc

Location: In front of a computer somewhere out there in the universe

Re: Forfeit Button

Postby Seulessliathan on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:03 pm

search is your friend ;)
Brigadier Seulessliathan

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:27 pm

MERGED this one.

qwertylpc wrote:Concise description:
  • When a player doesn't have a chance in a game, they will surrender, kind of like chess, knocking over your king.

Specifics/Details:
  • When a player doesn't have a chance in a game, they will surrender.
  • It will be for standard games (it could cause huge problems with terminator and assassin, team games can be discussed below)
  • If it were implemented for team games, then all members of the team would have to agree.

• I understand some people say this will be abused, but with trench, it is now more important than ever especially on a large map.
  • Maybe limit it to after 10 rounds this button will work
  • Maybe only limit it to 1v1 because it could significantly alter a 3 player game.

You can select 2 poll options, because 1 is the type of game it would be in, and the other deals with the trench settings
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Melkor52 on Wed May 22, 2013 7:31 pm

I have a suggestion on the Surrender button topic. Perhaps it was suggested in the 100 pages that I didn't read, and sorry if it was. But why not make the Surrender Button an option on the side stats for each player. When clicked (you should be able to toggle it off or on), it means you realize that the game is beyond hope and are willing to surrender. It would only work if everyone but one player (the winner) also clicked their surrender button as well.

This way no one could abuse the thing, and no one would gain an advantage due to a single player leaving the game. It's only use would be to end a game that everyone is ready to concede as lost. I personally like trench games, but sometimes it can be tedious to play out a game that has already been decided but will take another week to finish because of slow movement on a large map.

Just my $0.02
Melkor52
Major Melkor52

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue May 28, 2013 6:31 pm

Melkor52 wrote:I have a suggestion on the Surrender button topic. Perhaps it was suggested in the 100 pages that I didn't read, and sorry if it was. But why not make the Surrender Button an option on the side stats for each player. When clicked (you should be able to toggle it off or on), it means you realize that the game is beyond hope and are willing to surrender. It would only work if everyone but one player (the winner) also clicked their surrender button as well.

An example of why this doesn't solve the abuse problem is that you could just have two friends join up a game together in a 1v1, and have one of them click surrender to intentionally give the other points.

Postby Melkor52 on Tue May 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
Melkor52 wrote:I have a suggestion on the Surrender button topic. Perhaps it was suggested in the 100 pages that I didn't read, and sorry if it was. But why not make the Surrender Button an option on the side stats for each player. When clicked (you should be able to toggle it off or on), it means you realize that the game is beyond hope and are willing to surrender. It would only work if everyone but one player (the winner) also clicked their surrender button as well.

An example of why this doesn't solve the abuse problem is that you could just have two friends join up a game together in a 1v1, and have one of them click surrender to intentionally give the other points.

True that, but if that was someone's goal they need only start a game and deadbeat for the other. But I do see your point. Perhaps, the surrender option would only show up after 10 or 15 rounds to avoid the abuse, or say five days. Then just dead beating would have been quicker and easier.

Well anyway, I'm not going to flog a dead horse. I would just like to have had a way to finish up a large trench game when the outcome is unquestioned. So I just threw in my two cents to see if it would have helped. Thanks for your time and effort in helping to improve the site.

Melkor52....
Major Melkor52

Postby SirSebstar on Wed May 29, 2013 4:43 am

lack of the surrender button makes no game for certain until it ends. a player could go missing for 3 days and give your the win........
and you would miss out if you had already surrendered....
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Trench concede button

Postby IanG7 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:00 am

Concise description:
  • Would help get rid of the annoyance of having to spend so many rounds finishing off a clearly defeated opponent by allowing them to concede, thereby lifting the trench restriction of the person they are being defeated by.

Specifics/Details:
  • There are times in games where it becomes obvious that there's no coming back but due to the trench restriction on the winning team it takes 10+ rounds for a stack of 50 troops to knock off 10 single territs.
    I propose that teams/ individuals that are clearly defeated should have the option of a concede button which would lift the trench setting, only from the would be victor (to avoid a concession and a hidden stack to run wild from the conceded team), so that the games can be closed out more quickly.

Game 12860133 is a decent enough example to illustrate, we have 25 guys on Elslab stacked up against their singles to the West and they've conceded that there's no coming back

• This would help tournament organizers as they can move to the next rounds of their tournaments more quickly and in general all trench games from the nuisance of a delayed finish.
Brigadier IanG7

Re: Trench concede button

Postby BGtheBrain on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:10 am

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions