Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Day Seven

Postby betiko on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:03 pm

new guy1 wrote:
betiko wrote:new guy since you are here reading care to tell us whose body you're in today? and what about commander?

also if soundman who is back from the dead needs to read since day 2 he will have quite some work..

Well considering I told you I went into my original body in my very first post of today, I would recommend you read more closely to what people are saying. Also, I do not believe comm9 told us what body he was going to, so he may have just replied to kanin and forgot to send it to me as well, but I know that chap crap is a normal human (kanin didnt specify, but hes human so I dont care). So the only mystery roles are hippo and Little witt... I think... Yeah, I think we checked everyone else. But to make sure you see, I am in my own body, and comm9 as far as I know is in his own body as well.

fastposted

yes sorry about that! you posted almost at the same minute than kanin and didn't notice there was a post in between when I clicked on the thread, my bad! :oops:
I guess kanin won't know anyway if chap is town or unaligned. or is the term "normal" human only given to unaligned? not sure if this was clarified by town (normal?) humans. Given that they are pretty lonely compared to unaligned, being town is probably not "normal" but exceptional..
Major betiko

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Well I slept last night and I was protected from all negative night actions that may have been directed at me. I suppose that's nice.
Captain safariguy5

Postby new guy1 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:05 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Well I slept last night and I was protected from all negative night actions that may have been directed at me. I suppose that's nice.

Blanket of protection power, activate!

On a serious note, I understand betiko. I agree with doom I think it was that said we have to lynch one of the gods. My question is which one.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:05 am

new guy1 wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Well I slept last night and I was protected from all negative night actions that may have been directed at me. I suppose that's nice.

On a serious note, I understand betiko. I agree with doom I think it was that said we have to lynch one of the gods. My question is which one.

Seeing as my Night action returned my Win Condition to a Survivor WC, :D I can let some info out first off
vote Hippo Hippo is Bulletproof from vig kills from humans and has a 1-shot bulletproof oh kills from lets say. . . LilWitt. (nonhumans). After he gets unsealed (through the necromicon presumemably) a KILL function is unlocked "rolecop" from yesterday. Now why did i vote Vod and lynch Vod yesterday if i knew this . . . because as some of you have probably guessed by now I was aligned with hippo until last night. I am assuming that both Hippo/Little Witt have the WC to eliminate all other god's.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 am

rishaed wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

Seeing as my Night action returned my Win Condition to a Survivor WC, :D I can let some info out first off
vote Hippo Hippo is Bulletproof from vig kills from humans and has a 1-shot bulletproof oh kills from lets say. . . LilWitt. (nonhumans). After he gets unsealed (through the necromicon presumemably) a KILL function is unlocked "rolecop" from yesterday. Now why did i vote Vod and lynch Vod yesterday if i knew this . . . because as some of you have probably guessed by now I was aligned with hippo until last night. I am assuming that both Hippo/Little Witt have the WC to eliminate all other god's.

wow slow down please.
So I think it was saf who said first you were aligned with ghostly, therefore elder thing. The elder things had the necronomicon and dropped it when the last one died and hippo is looking for it.

So if witt for example tries twice to NK hippo he is dead right?
"a KILL function is unlocked "rolecop" from yesterday" you mean that night 5 you rolecoped hippo, night 6 you slept and you were delivered from his alignment? It sounds a bit easy for a lonely elder thing, care to give more info about your "deliverance"?
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:49 am

betiko wrote:
rishaed wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

wow slow down please.
So I think it was saf who said first you were aligned with ghostly, therefore elder thing. The elder things had the necronomicon and dropped it when the last one died and hippo is looking for it.

So if witt for example tries twice to NK hippo he is dead right?
"a KILL function is unlocked "rolecop" from yesterday" you mean that night 5 you rolecoped hippo, night 6 you slept and you were delivered from his alignment? It sounds a bit easy for a lonely elder thing, care to give more info about your "deliverance"?

I asked' Yog-Sothoth another question, went insane and my Win Condition returned back into a Survivor condition. As for your question thing yes. If Witt is Ctluthu as I suspect. I can partially confirm on Chap being a normal human as that "rolecop" turned me insane last night. It is also why i called Saf out for lying, however I did not want to reveal Hippo as my Worshipped person because I was still aligned with him.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:15 am

A quick sorry to Hippo though. I wasn't expecting last night to go out in a WC change. I think however you had been playing differently enough for me to pick up on it D1 for whatever reason(I didn't take notes at the time so i can't remember), It was interesting to try to defend you while putting enough distance that they did not realize that you were player X, it made things difficult.

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:58 am

rishaed wrote:A quick sorry to Hippo though. I wasn't expecting last night to go out in a WC change. I think however you had been playing differently enough for me to pick up on it D1 for whatever reason(I didn't take notes at the time so i can't remember), It was interesting to try to defend you while putting enough distance that they did not realize that you were player X, it made things difficult.

No problem. I'm not concerned. My role transcends all that. Since you have explained for me, I will have a kill condition triggered when I get the necronomicon. Until then I am a sitting duck (quack quack). I suspect that the game will be over if I die because then Witt (Cthullu) will have won. His big thing is simply to kill me or get me killed. Once I get the necronomicon then I will be there as a vig for humans. We are obviously getting close to the end. If the holder of the necronomicon would kindly like to speak up then I can get on and be useful!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:01 am

unvote vote littlewitt makes sense to me and you were pretty outright about your role. I guess you can say i trust you more

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:07 am

And for the first time all game (I think) I will actually bung in a vote (on the theory that you need to put your money where your mouth is!) ... unvote vote littlewitt
ImageImageImage
show

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:25 am

spiesr wrote:Well, I don't know who killed edocsil or why. I wasn't me and I don't have any masons who I could ask.
Vodean came up as "Unknown Alignment." What can we make of this \? Can we assume the cult has folded or are we still in the dark about that?
Little Witt and hippo, can you refresh my memory of what exactly your win condition and alignments are?

Addressing your question It would mean that he either had a Change in WC because of insanity, or he worshipped someone thus causing the "Alignment". look at edoc it shows unaligned next to him.

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:07 am

rishaed wrote:
spiesr wrote:Well, I don't know who killed edocsil or why. I wasn't me and I don't have any masons who I could ask.
Vodean came up as "Unknown Alignment." What can we make of this \? Can we assume the cult has folded or are we still in the dark about that?
Little Witt and hippo, can you refresh my memory of what exactly your win condition and alignments are?

Addressing your question It would mean that he either had a Change in WC because of insanity, or he worshipped someone thus causing the "Alignment". look at edoc it shows unaligned next to him.

For me it's crystal clear; vodean used his worship ability and became cult. / just doesn't want us to know for sure if the cult still exists, that's why he wrote unknown alignment instead of unaligned. Vodean's sanity wouldn't have changed his alignment from my understanding. We just don't know for sure if he still was cult when we lynched him.
Other than this, your WC is now just the same as on day 1 rishaed, or is your WC a bit different now that you are insane? Also, don't you have any post restrictions as vodean had?

Otherwise, things are looking pretty ugly for you right now witt, so you'd rather give some good arguments, I'd personally side more with hippo than with you right now as everything hippo said till now has been pretty honest.
Major betiko

Postby Nendreel on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:46 am

Hippo seems to be the lesser of two evils. Since his Kill ability is locked he can be dealt with later if necessary.

vote witt
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby jonty125 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:33 am

vote witt If I've got to choose one or the other, definitely hippo.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:37 am

I guess I can add a 5th vote on the table to add a little pressure. Witt, you are quite isolated at L-2 you'd rather come here quick to defend yourself

vote witt
Major betiko

Postby Little Witt on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Fast posted,

I have some confusion about my WC and Hippo and it doesn't seem right, because from what everyone is saying who they are, my player I am supposed to kill isn't even listed as one of the rolls here.

Post in a little bit, finishing my schoolwork so I can go watch The Hobbit tonight.
Sergeant 1st Class Little Witt

Postby Little Witt on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Little Witt wrote:I have some confusion about my WC and Hippo and it doesn't seem right, because from what everyone is saying who they are, my player I am supposed to kill isn't even listed as one of the rolls here.

I'm Cthulhu, as many of you have guessed already. but I fight is not with anyone but my half-brother Hastur. But apparently no one here is Hastur so I have no one I know to be Hastur and therefore no one lynch to fulfill my WC which has me confused. Someone is either two characters and only telling us of one (hippo) the all might dude who knows all and only seeks his love. I doubt that he is really that player and is someone else entirely, still a god but not the god he says he is.
Role PM wrote:In order to be freed from your prison, you need more followers...

QFT

^ I have no fight at all with the humans or aliens or doctors. In fact I want to keep you alive.

Role PM wrote:Send Deep Ones: Send deep ones to a player...
(I get info about my search through the night scenes and that helps me find out who my target is)...

Role PM wrote:You fulfill your winning condition if you can destroy your half-brother Hastur"

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Thanks for the Info unvote vote thehippo Here's why, I think Hippo isn't who he says he is, but rather Hastur
Wikipedia wrote:The Byakhee often serve Hastur the Unspeakable. Since the beings are made of ordinary matter, they can be injured by normal weapons such as firearms. Byakhee can fly through space and can carry a rider, though the rider needs protection from the vacuum and cold by suitable spells or potions. One hypothetical form of protection from interstellar space is an elixir known as space mead, whose side effects are unknown. Byakhee live in interstellar space but may be summoned to Earth to perform tasks or to serve as steeds.

Hippo uses the Byhakee to look for the Necromicon, thus I presume that he is Hastur and Fake Claimed almost everything up to that point.
A side note though, you really aren't allowed to directly quote from your role PM so I hope you didn't take it word for word.

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:41 pm

A side note >.>unvote Hippo pretty much told us what LittleWitts WC was and I think the fake claim was just protection from getting lynched randomly thought that wasn't that easy. . .

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:42 pm

wow... Hey witt carefull, you are not allowed to quote your role PM. So as I thought, deep ones are related to ctulhu, but didn't guess that they would not be players...
hippo, are byakhees your creatures? are you astur or even a different god?

I'd like to unvote for now cause I feel we need a little more discussion here. lots of players haven't even showed up today and are leaving us all alone... (rodion, ib, soundman, pcm, chap, commander....)

fastposted
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:03 pm

betiko wrote:wow... Hey witt carefull, you are not allowed to quote your role PM. So as I thought, deep ones are related to ctulhu, but didn't guess that they would not be players...
hippo, are byakhees your creatures? are you astur or even a different god?

I'd like to unvote for now cause I feel we need a little more discussion here. lots of players haven't even showed up today and are leaving us all alone... (rodion, ib, soundman, pcm, chap, commander....)

fastposted

here's your answer
rishaed wrote:Hippo uses the Byhakee to look for the Necromicon, thus I presume that he is Hastur and Fake Claimed almost everything up to that point.
If you remember saying that I "rolecop'd" him before this. . .

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Umm ... like ... duh ... that's where / has been tricky-dicky with this game. I am known by many names. You have to know Lovecraft lore to fully comprehend because its the same concept in numerous stories. I am Yog-Sothoth, Hastur, the King in Yellow ... etc etc. Not going to state my role PM cause that's not allowed. But Witt is being clever by half. He knows who I am. He knows all he has to do to win (and presumably bring the game to an end) is to kill me. I am really sticking my kneck out here by handing it to him on a plate. But its do or die for me.
ImageImageImage
show

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:26 pm

I also add that for a second night scene in a row / forgot to include my failed Byakhee. The night before last you will recall / came back and amended the nght scene. I have not heard why / has not done that this time. No, I'm not playing the mod but it would be good if the night scenes were consistent and it is at least appropriate to bring up the explanation of why the other night scene got amended. As I said, now would be nice if the holer of the necronomicon would fess up!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby Little Witt on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:13 pm

I didn't quote to the letter on any of them, but that is generally what the pm said. I didn't know it was completely against the rules, but I didn't quote word for word

Postby Kanin Usagi on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:17 am

Little Witt wrote:I didn't quote to the letter on any of them, but that is generally what the pm said. I didn't know it was completely against the rules, but I didn't quote word for word

As long as you don't quote word-for-word, its usually fine. Depends on the mod though, and most mods will have is specified exactly in their rules.

Anyway, we should lynch Little Witt today. Then lynch Hippo tomorrow.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives