Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 85: 18-12-2012] El_Wicked!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 85: 18-12-2012] El_Wicked!

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 85th edition of the Dispatch :)

Well the season is upon us yet again! Congratulations to all of you who successfully avoided all that 2012 threw at you this year - commiserations to those of you who couldn't. Another action packed issue provides: an interview with El-Jefe; strategy tips on Forbidden Cities and AoR 3 and a challenge to turn those into Official Guides - who's going to snap up the GCs on those?; a veritable smorgasbord of tips and infor in the Tournament section - too much to mention here; same for Foundry - do those guys never sleep?; and consideration of the new Clan sitting rules. Something for everyone there!

But before you get stuck into that, consider this:

• A Partridge in a Pear Tree - El-Jefe - One site administrator
  • Two Turtle Doves - rdsrds2120and king achilles - Two super mods
  • Three French Hens - kentington, strike wolf and MeDeFe - Three Global mods
  • Four Calling/Collie Birds - SoC, Strategy Forum, Foundry Notes and Newsletter - The Four Gospels of Strategy
  • Five Golden Rings - Super Achievements, Game Achievements, Community Achievements, Contributions and Ratings - The bling we wear
  • Six Geese-a-Laying - Community Interviews, Strategy, Tournaments, Foundry, Clan and Freestyle - the divisions in the Dispatch that bring you back time and again
  • Seven Swans-a-Swimming - Seven gifts purchased from the gift shop - take your choice!
  • Eight Maids-a-Milking - I'm sure there are more than eight female players on this site ;-)
  • Nine Ladies Dancing - Ah, some more!
  • Ten Lords-a-Leaping - Go you galant lads
  • Eleven Pipers Piping - What are your favourite eleven maps?
  • Twelve Drummers Drumming -Entertainment Team, Cartographers, Tournament Directors, Clan Directors, Academy Team, Discussions Team, Chatters, Suggestions Team, Multihunters/Cheating/Abuse Team, Tech Team, International and Global Moderators/Administrators - thank you for another year of distraction, diversion, creation and scintillation!

Enjoy the fruits of our labouring fingers!

thehippo8
Chief Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Happy Holidays Freestylers. Apologies for the late issue, El_Jefe was a bit busy with admin things. But he managed to find the time to talk about the direction he wants CC to go, his interests outside of CC, and his secret plans for world domination.
You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of El_Jefe

Welcome one and all to another helping of Strategy.

This is the stuff that's important, so listen up!!

This issue Jippd shares his wisdom on Forbidden Cities - which frankly I was pleased about because it was a map I struggled with. As a one off, we have also received an article by Ahava on AoR - would be interesting to hear what others think about that. These articles get us close to Official Guides and it would be interesting to see if anyone wanted to piggy-back on these good peoples' work to the extent of preparing guides for the Strategy Forum. First in, first served - get your GC medals now - just in time for Christmas! And for the rest of you, whether you too want to do a one off or you have aptitude to get more involved, sing out cause we need more Strategy content!

Stay clever!

thehippo8
Temporary Strategy Executive

Collected Wisdom: Jippd on Forbidden Cities by thehippo8
show

Age of Realms 3: Mayhem - the Basics by Ahava
show

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments!

The TPA3 Cup Design Contest is now over. Congratulations to all the winners! I would announce who they are, but I don't want to take the spotlight off of Dave's TPA Wrap. Scroll down and check it out!

In this issue you will find another one of my little retrospectives, this time featuring the tourneys of 2006. You will find another installment of Dave's Tournament Tips, as well as the longest-running continuing series in the Dispatch, Join This? Or Not! by WC4 James.

But first, turn your attention to an article by generalhead. This very productive writer is officially a Foundry reporter, but he has twice now produced a wonderful article for us here in War Games, and is working on his third!

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

The difference: regular games versus tournaments by general head
show

A Few Firsts by Dukasaur
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: TPA2 Coding to Modify the Results Spreadsheet

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by WorldCup4James
show

Foundry dispatch is a little light this issue, but with good reason. Everyone is off getting blotto and ready for the holidays. But we have the usual run down of maps in development, another competition for you, generalhead gives us his opinion on the Christmas map and a few stocking fillers. Lastly, and this is a late addition, but with the cairnswk interview coming in the next edition, I bring to you our own one. generalhead wanted to speak to him as he is one of the best. Might give you all some follow on questions for the main one next issue. The competition has got some new rules, so make sure you read them. Lets leave now in a chorus of Santa' favourite song.Image

But set your alarm clocks for next issue. A massive foundry dispatch section is being prepared with lots of goodies for all the good girls and boys.

koontz1973 -- Foundry Executive

Maps in Development. by koontz1973
show

Cairnswk interview by generalhead
show

Christmas Time by generalhead
show

Stocking Fillers by koontz1973
show

Beta and Quenched Maps by koontz1973
show

Foundry Competition NEW RULES by koontz1973
show

Happy gaming everyone, whatever map takes your fancy.Image

It's been another fortnight of action as we welcome in the festive season with tonights Platoon Report. The highlight of late has been the unveiling of the Clan Sitting Rules by the Clan Directors. Account-sitting has been a contentious issue for a goodly while yet, with Clan members being involved in some significant cases, so the CD's thought it sound to outline the Guidelines for what is and isn't permissible with regards to Sitting when within the purview of Clans. The rules have generated a spate of discussion, with already over 22 pages of replies at the time of going to press, so our itinerant reporter Swifte is here to give us a run-down of the Rules, and the main points from the community reaction.

In other Developments, I present the latest from the 1v1 Challenge, and wax philosophical on Conquerors Cup 3!

If there are any wars or related events that you'd like to bring to the attention of the newsletter, I urge you to send me a snippet of what you'd like covered to spotlight you clan, or indeed compose an article for the Dispatch yourself!

Leehar
Clan Executive

Clan Sitting Rules by Swifte
show

Other News
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of interviewee. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with cairnswk

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to thehippo8 and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 85: 18-12-2012] El_Wicked!

Postby DaveH on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Wow El-Jefe lives in Bali! How does he get anything done? It is such an idyllic island (just visiting for 12 days at present) I guess he came here on visit and didn't leave.
Corporal DaveH

Postby squishyg on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:43 am

Some good answers, but I'm still sooooooo confused about who owns the site and who gets paid to work on it.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:26 am

squishyg wrote:Some good answers, but I'm still sooooooo confused about who owns the site and who gets paid to work on it.

He's my boss and is above my paygrade, but the loyal red legion of king achilles and I get a cut, too! :D

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:24 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
squishyg wrote:Some good answers, but I'm still sooooooo confused about who owns the site and who gets paid to work on it.

He's my boss and is above my paygrade, but the loyal red legion of king achilles and I get a cut, too! :D

BMO

So when do the rest of us get a cut.Image

This is who owns us all now.Image

Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Qwert on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:55 pm

Q. Do you intend to try to win back the mapmakers we lost to other sites? Going forward, how do you plan to work with our hardworking, valuable cartographers?

We will make the process easier and faster for them to add maps. We will add more players so maps get user feedback more quickly.

This will be interesting to see, what kind of offer he can give to mapmakers who go to other site???
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Foundry dispatch competition.

Here are the names for the first 5 who got the correct answers.
  • Swifte
  • generalhead
  • Mudpuppy
  • anamainiacks
  • plurple

And using random.org to determine the winner.

The winner is anamainiacks =D> =D> =D>
Well done everyone else who took part. Full report on the winners in the next to one issue.
1. Crossed swords in background of lower left legend were removed.
2. Changed title from "Battle at Rorke's Drift" to "Battle for Rorke's Drift" in upper right.
3. British soldier on Chard was replaced with the British soldier image from the legend in the bottom. (no longer pointing a gun)
4. The background colors of Phunga and Ndaba were swapped in the legend.
5. 'koontz' territory renamed 'nobodies'

Next issue is the Map Makers Awards.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:15 am

koontz1973 wrote:The winner is anamainiacks =D> =D> =D>

Awesome! Thanks a lot, it was good fun (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:40 am

Only the hyperactives in the foundry could have six articles and still say, "Foundry dispatch is a little light this issue,". Jesus. In my section we have five articles this time, and I consider it obese!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:29 pm

A special thanks for the tiring work of the good folk over at the Dispatch! Great issue!

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:39 am

Dukasaur wrote:Only the hyperactives in the foundry could have six articles and still say, "Foundry dispatch is a little light this issue,". Jesus. In my section we have five articles this time, and I consider it obese!

It was a light issue. Intro was written then the cairnswk interview appeared and we put our one in this week to stop a clash, nobodies goes on a quenching frenzy.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Return to Newsletter Issues