Conquer Club

CC is not what it used to be

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC is not what it used to be

Postby HOWITZERHAL on Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:15 am

Well HA....Comming into my fourth year here in CC.....I must admit that for the last year I have had similar issues...I love the game...but hated the game at the same time....during this time my rank dropped dramatically, nothing I did felt right, I just felt something was missing...... If it wasn't for all my budds in DYN I would have probably left awhile ago.......I am still here on CC because I still play every day with the same guys I have been playing on-line RISK with for the last 10-12 years......besides I consider this game to be therapy

I can only say, the problem isn't with CC, but with me...The last month or so, I have started to get my act together again, and feel alot better with my ' CC experience'...I am playing alot of different maps now (which is kinda exciting and noobish) and though I told myself I didn't give a rats ass about rank, the slump in itself had a negative impact on me.....so now I don't look where I am at on the scoreboard, but what else I can learn from different games

I am not saying that your problem is rank......but maybe a bit of burnout on the sameness....try things you havent done in awhile or never have tried....ya never know....

That's my .02 cents....

HAL
Sheep Love Shiny Beads and Shallow Flattery
Lieutenant HOWITZERHAL

Postby AAFitz on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:50 pm

HighlanderAttack wrote:Well I am trying to get that good feeling back :) I have actually played more and been involved more in the last two days than I have all month.

And thats awesome, but on some level you must just accept that you can possibly never regain the originality of the place that you first found, because it just isnt original for you anymore.

For me I was pretty much done, but trench warfare has me playing more than I have in the last few years, or longer.

Its not that CC didnt have more to offer though, it was that I pretty much played most everything that could be played.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby HighlanderAttack on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:09 pm

AAFitz wrote:
HighlanderAttack wrote:Well I am trying to get that good feeling back :) I have actually played more and been involved more in the last two days than I have all month.

And thats awesome, but on some level you must just accept that you can possibly never regain the originality of the place that you first found, because it just isnt original for you anymore.

For me I was pretty much done, but trench warfare has me playing more than I have in the last few years, or longer.

Its not that CC didnt have more to offer though, it was that I pretty much played most everything that could be played.

I probably should have posted CC is not what it used to be to me. That seems to be what I have gotten out of this. Even though I have enjoyed this week, I still have no want to hit those 200 active games again. I am at a high for the last six months of 13 games and I am fine with that :). I think the challenge to catch blitz on tourney wins way back when had to be my most exciting time on CC. The other really great time was the ladder we had in the medal heads group. Only time will tell what else CC brings going forward.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby codeblue1018 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:40 am

Clearly the site has changed a great deal over the years and to many, that's great, however, some do not like major change and that's fine also; games can still be played just like back in 2006-2007 and on; after all, those original maps are still there and so are some of the old-timers that are still hanging around. What I miss most I think are some of the players that up and left who showed me the ropes as I was coming up; many class act guys. People don't quit CC; they merely take short or extended breaks, but they eventually return. :lol:
Hell I have 7k completed games, I can't imagine 30k+, lol. I play a whole lot less than I used to; I play mostly clan games and games with clan mates nowadays.
I totally understand the way you feel HA; I was only about points and rank until I realized unfortunately late, that i wasn't enjoying what the site offered and how much of a turd that I became as a result of it all; ah well, live and learn. I find it much more enjoyable to play whatever and win or lose, who cares.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby Mageplunka69 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:17 am

I love this site, but i understand Ha,s pain too ā™„
Sergeant 1st Class Mageplunka69

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:59 pm

Mageplunka69 wrote:I love this site, but i understand Ha,s pain too ā™„

I wish I could have the feeling of being a new, free member again: discovering the settings, maps, and people, really had me hooked! It was probably my favorite part of my history on CC.

Maybe I should get a regular team together and try as many new maps as I can...at least one game on each, sounds good :)

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby HOWITZERHAL on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:37 am

If ya ever decide to do that...send me an invite.....

Merry Christmas and HAppy New Year my friends
Sheep Love Shiny Beads and Shallow Flattery
Lieutenant HOWITZERHAL

Postby greenoaks on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:05 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:

I wish I could have the feeling of being a new, free member again: discovering the settings, maps, and people, really had me hooked! It was probably my favorite part of my history on CC.

Maybe I should get a regular team together and try as many new maps as I can...at least one game on each, sounds good :)

BMO

send me an invite for the other team.

i have played most maps and i'm crap at almost all of the ones that don't have Realms in the title.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:23 pm

greenoaks wrote:i have played most maps and i'm crap at almost all of the ones that don't have Realms in the title.

He's telling the truth.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby john9blue on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:54 am

personally, the reason i gradually stopped playing risk games is that the gameplay is simply not deep enough to capture my interest past a few hundred games... which is certainly no fault of CC's (i doubt i would have made it to 50 games if it was just one map)... it's just an inherent part of the game design. after a while, there was just nothing NEW for me to experience. that's largely why i stopped creating my map and hosting my tournament right before they were completed... i had already experienced what i came for and saw no reason to see them through to the end. it would have been just a bunch of busywork. selfish? perhaps.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby oVo on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:31 am

I can't imagine 35k games. Been here one month short of six years
and only have 280 complete games. But I'm patient and many of my
games are really long ones.
Major oVo

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:19 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:

BMO

Or try some sort of memory erasing like they do in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind".
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby hulmey on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:24 pm

john9blue wrote:personally, the reason i gradually stopped playing risk games is that the gameplay is simply not deep enough to capture my interest past a few hundred games... which is certainly no fault of CC's (i doubt i would have made it to 50 games if it was just one map)... it's just an inherent part of the game design. after a while, there was just nothing NEW for me to experience. that's largely why i stopped creating my map and hosting my tournament right before they were completed... i had already experienced what i came for and saw no reason to see them through to the end. it would have been just a bunch of busywork. selfish? perhaps.

I am back after 3 years of not playing and paid my premium membership and wish i hadn't.

I now remember why I stopped playing. The Random number generator is awful and does not allow you to have fair games, therefore you have to play complicated maps to gain an advantage over unknowing players.

Checked my dice stats and i have -66% luck in 3 vs 1 situation's, -58% luck 2 vs 1 and 3 vs 2 have -11% luck. it just totally messes any strategy you might have. Might as well not bother
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Arama86n on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:06 pm

In all honesty the only big negative change I can see since joining 2009 is that there is no longer 8p escalating games on classic that fill with high rankers every night. If all else failed it was good entertainment and a chance to watch and learn for a noob :)
On the other hand, the list of things that have improved could be made long. (I won't even try to start to list them.)

People come and go, such is life.
Things change, things will always change, things will never cease to change, that is the one thing that IS certain about life.
If you cannot handle change, well... there is no advice to give there.
If you cannot handle dice/drop, go play chess.

my 5c

P.S. I have often asked myself; the people that constantly complain about dice, the people who beleive the system is so flawed and unfair, why do they persist, why do they not go play chess or some such game without the luck factor? I beleive the answer is simple, to do so would force them to look themselves in the mirror and realize they arn't "all that", that they are still losing and have no one to blame any more. Isn't a scapegoat convenient?
After 1500ish games on the site I truly beleive the dice are fair. Some people (a lot of people it seems) seem to have a much easier time remembering the bad rolls than the good...

/Regards
Major Arama86n

Postby hulmey on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Arama86n wrote:In all honesty the only big negative change I can see since joining 2009 is that there is no longer 8p escalating games on classic that fill with high rankers every night. If all else failed it was good entertainment and a chance to watch and learn for a noob :)
On the other hand, the list of things that have improved could be made long. (I won't even try to start to list them.)

People come and go, such is life.
Things change, things will always change, things will never cease to change, that is the one thing that IS certain about life.
If you cannot handle change, well... there is no advice to give there.
If you cannot handle dice/drop, go play chess.

my 5c

P.S. I have often asked myself; the people that constantly complain about dice, the people who beleive the system is so flawed and unfair, why do they persist, why do they not go play chess or some such game without the luck factor? I beleive the answer is simple, to do so would force them to look themselves in the mirror and realize they arn't "all that", that they are still losing and have no one to blame any more. Isn't a scapegoat convenient?
After 1500ish games on the site I truly beleive the dice are fair. Some people (a lot of people it seems) seem to have a much easier time remembering the bad rolls than the good...

/Regards

That's just it they don't persist they just leave.
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby bigg chief on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:13 am

CC has become to watered down with all these new shit ass maps and random.org (dice) I have been here since 06 and found it was more enjoyable back in the day ,now I find the dice to be to intrusive in game play tell me how a 12 on 1 battle and the attacker loses 6 men to defenders 0,even in real life you can't roll that shitty,if that was the case there would be no Atlantic city or Las Vegas etc etc,I find myself ready to quit,in the same breath I have bought 3 premium memberships,now I look back and think f*ck that was stupid 75 bucks that is almost 2 cases of beer
Lieutenant bigg chief

Location: WILL some1 ! please grab me my slippers and my favorite CRACK PIPE !

Postby GeneralRisk on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:07 pm

Bigg Chief.....I look back and think f*ck that was stupid 75 bucks that is almost 2 cases of beer.........Sounds like Canada is worst then CC.......75 Dollars in US will buy at least 5 cases of bud.
Major GeneralRisk

Postby Johnny Rockets on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:27 pm

hulmey wrote:
Checked my dice stats and i have -66% luck in 3 vs 1 situation's, -58% luck 2 vs 1 and 3 vs 2 have -11% luck. it just totally messes any strategy you might have. Might as well not bother

The Fact that you attack in these situations explains your "luck".

JRock
Sergeant 1st Class Johnny Rockets

Postby Johnny Rockets on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:33 pm

bigg chief wrote:CC has become to watered down with all these new shit ass maps and random.org (dice) I have been here since 06 and found it was more enjoyable back in the day ,now I find the dice to be to intrusive in game play tell me how a 12 on 1 battle and the attacker loses 6 men to defenders 0,even in real life you can't roll that shitty,if that was the case there would be no Atlantic city or Las Vegas etc etc,I find myself ready to quit,in the same breath I have bought 3 premium memberships,now I look back and think f*ck that was stupid 75 bucks that is almost 2 cases of beer

Jesus.......More maps and variety are not a negative. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to play them. The dice have always been from random.org. Atlantic city and Vegas exist BECAUSE of shit dice and cards, and the house leverage you find in those situations can be found here. (Spoiler Alert: it's called strategy.)
The fact that you consider cases of beer a currency explains way too much of your attitude.

JRock

Postby john9blue on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Johnny Rockets wrote:
hulmey wrote:

The Fact that you attack in these situations explains your "luck".

JRock

why do you insist on making yourself look dumb online
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Johnny Rockets on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:23 pm

You like to attack a lot of 3v1's? 2v1's?
Send me an invite then, rube.

JRock

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:35 pm

GeneralRisk wrote:Bigg Chief.....I look back and think f*ck that was stupid 75 bucks that is almost 2 cases of beer.........Sounds like Canada is worst then CC.......75 Dollars in US will buy at least 5 cases of bud.

I used to refer to Bud as "beer" ..... when I was in Grade 9, maybe.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby GeneralRisk on Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
GeneralRisk wrote:Bigg Chief.....I look back and think f*ck that was stupid 75 bucks that is almost 2 cases of beer.........Sounds like Canada is worst then CC.......75 Dollars in US will buy at least 5 cases of bud.

I used to refer to Bud as "beer" ..... when I was in Grade 9, maybe.

Is that when u dropped out of school??
Major GeneralRisk

Postby bigg chief on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:41 pm

I never said I consider beer as currency,I merely suggested that instead of paying 75 bucks for premium,I COULD HAVE bought 2 cases of beer !,yes GR we pay too much for beer,but our beer is also higher in Alc Vol @ 5 %,I know there is no gun to my head,idiot !I was merely expressing my feeling about how many maps there are ! I do choose not to play a whole lot of those maps,I do have a great attitude about this site,I still play,but I am entitled to get frustrated and voice my opinion.there is no gun to your head to read or comment on this .... either, freedom of speech just watch what you say! or in this case type !I am pretty sure if you do a poll about how ppl feel about the dice,I won't be in the minority,cheers fellas,Grade 9 was fun , college was more funner though ! =D> :lol: :-$ :o :roll:
Lieutenant bigg chief

Location: WILL some1 ! please grab me my slippers and my favorite CRACK PIPE !

Postby Gillipig on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:08 pm

AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion